• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

alstein

I've started a stick collection since my MCZ TE2 back in 2010. I have 5 and the new MCZ one will be my 6th. Plus I figure most tournaments will be on PS4 so I'm going to need a PS4 compatible stick.

I got a PS4/PC compatible pad already, will want a stick at some point, but the pad gets busted out friday for 98 (I can't play KOF games on stick)

DunpealD

GAF ps4 sessions would really help my play out. :)

There's a limited amount on how much you can learn from sessions, unless people tell you about it. There's a lot of happening "under the hood", like buffering which are not always visible.
Having someone coach you is probably the fastest way to get you up to snuff, which also depends on how ready you are to learn from somebody.

If you want some videos to help you out, the Vesper Arcade tutorial is usually a good place to look.

Marz

Got up to 3500 pp for the first time last night, not sure if I'm getting better or if PSN is just that shitty lmao.

Onemic

you know its the latter breh

Yup. I'm 3kPP on PSN. That alone should tell you that the player base aint legit.
kappa.png

Owensboro

I just hope the guard only breaks on medium/heavy/special attack, otherwise being jab into a GB would be cheap..

Until they specifically talk about it, I'm just going to assume only Ryu can GB during his lightning activation thing. Maybe it's a special property he only gets while in that mode?

alstein

I just hope the guard only breaks on medium/heavy/special attack, otherwise being jab into a GB would be cheap..

If they do guardbreak , I'd want it where guard damage scales if you get hit in blockstun at a minimum. I'm worried about jab pressure GBing folks cheaply like A3.

KOF does guard breaks right for the most part, but that's because the game has Alphas and GC rolls to balance it out.

kirblar

Omega Mode exhibition coming up on CapcomFighters - Via SF's Facebook page:

Capcom UK will be showcasing the full Omega mode on Twitch CapcomFighters from 8.00pm to 10:00pm GMT (that's just under an hours time!) A number of pro players will be in attendance so be sure to check it out.

This will be the first entry in a new weekly series run by Capcom UK.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

cackhyena

Anyone have the CvS2 UI? I have it, but for some reason cannot figure out where it goes in my USF4 folder to get it to show up in game.

OK so we have a pretty big update tomorrow that includes Omega mode, that should be fun to tinker around with. I'm probably going to spend a ton of time playing a friend tomorrow. Maybe I'll join one of you guys if you're playing as well.

OK so we have a pretty big update tomorrow that includes Omega mode, that should be fun to tinker around with. I'm probably going to spend a ton of time playing a friend tomorrow. Maybe I'll join one of you guys if you're playing as well.

PC getting it the same day too? This game needs to be fixed badly on PC netcode is a pile of shit..

Holy shit....it's like Capcom finally learned how to balance a game with this update. Congrats guys, you realized that you DON'T need to fuck with everyone. I was surprised to see characters with only one or two changes.

That Ex Backbreaker change for Hugo hurts me. That was how I escaped the corner for free. Oh well...he got some nice shit in return.

Edit: Though I should say the Condor Spire nerf is bullshit. Why fuck with that?

Onemic

Elena's cr.lp buff doesnt make any sense to me. Im gonna need that one explained a little better. It's either they expanded the hitbox vertically to her thight, which doesnt make any sense or they retracted it to her thigh, which means it's now useless

stn

Capcom is full of shit with lots of its balance changes. They claim they're going to buff Dee-Jay, so they give him back what he already had and just make it unsafe. Rightttttt, like a -3 on low sobat PLUS invincibility to lows would make him so broken. Yes, he'd instantly go from worst character to high tier. Rightttttttt, just because of one less frame on block. Meanwhile, Yun is still safe on EX lunge but now he just can't mash jab after (oh, what a pity). Though with the inconsistency of this game I'll bet he'll still be able to mash jab, upkicks, and whatever else.

Onemic

Capcom is full of shit with lots of its balance changes. They claim they're going to buff Dee-Jay, so they give him back what he already had and just make it unsafe. Rightttttt, like a -3 on low sobat PLUS invincibility to lows would make him so broken. Yes, he'd instantly go from worst character to high tier. Rightttttttt, just because of one less frame on block. Meanwhile, Yun is still safe on EX lunge but now he just can't mash jab after (oh, what a pity). Though with the inconsistency of this game I'll bet he'll still be able to mash jab, upkicks, and whatever else.

Ya, they barely buffed him at all. DJ is still gonna be the worst character in the game lol

DunpealD

They certainly buffed Sagat and Ryu a lot! I bet a ton of people will go back from E.Ryu to Ryu once the patch hits. /s

DunpealD

I'm very surprised (and pleased) that they didn't reduce the damage in Evil Ryu's ultra 2.

Nothing to be surprised about. His ultra 2 is difficult to hit and the non-full animation doesn't do that much either, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they nerfed the damage on the non-full animation since it's barely weaker than U1.

Nothing to be surprised about. His ultra 2 is difficult to hit and the non-full animation doesn't do that much either, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they nerfed the damage on the non-full animation since it's barely weaker than U1.
His u2 is super easy to land. I hit it almost every match. In fact it's not uncommon that I hit it twice in one match.

DunpealD

His u2 is super easy to land. I hit it almost every match. In fact it's not uncommon that I hit it twice in one match.

Depends on how you land it. At high level play I didn't see it being landed that often and it's not really worth it after a red focus combo or anything crumple, since the damage gets scaled down hard. So doing a normal combo is much better due to stun-, exgauge build up and better positioning.

Best damage is either jump in HK/HP into U2 or EX Hadouken FADC, but that's kinda hard to do on reaction.

I just lost in Fantasy Football ending my season. But this is a good thing. Time to get back on the USF4 grind, I have 500k to win next year. Sponsor me guys, I'll go out there and win that fight money and split it equally with all you guys.

Depends on how you land it. At high level play I didn't see it being landed that often and it's not really worth it after a red focus combo or anything crumple, since the damage gets scaled down hard. So doing a normal combo is much better due to stun-, exgauge build up and better positioning.

Best damage is either jump in HK/HP into U2 or EX Hadouken FADC, but that's kinda hard to do on reaction.
It's like 450+ damage after a cr.mk axe kick red focus. I think it's like 474 damage or something. I would hardly call that not worth it, especially if you don't wanna deal with dropping a combo.
I just lost in Fantasy Football ending my season. But this is a good thing. Time to get back on the USF4 grind, I have 500k to win next year. Sponsor me guys, I'll go out there and win that fight money and split it equally with all you guys.
Your season shouldn't be over if you were one of the final four. You should be playing next week for third place, unless you guys have a different format. I think I might have lost too and I'm kinda bummed since if I do lose it's because of one stupid mistake that cost me easy points.

Your season shouldn't be over if you were one of the final four. You should be playing next week for third place, unless you guys have a different format. I think I might have lost too and I'm kinda bummed since if I do lose it's because of one stupid mistake that cost me easy points.

You're right, I do have a 3rd place game to play. But we played for money with the winner taking it all. Now that I'm out of the money I couldn't care less about that 3rd place game. I felt so good going into this game to. I had the best record and had the highest single game projection of anybody in this season. Projections don't mean shit but I liked the match ups. Then almost everybody lays an egg and I have my lowest score of the season. What a depressing way to end my run for the title.

If that wasn't bad enough my opponent had Manziel who only scored .3 for him. He practically didn't have a starting QB and he's still going to win. I'm up 9 but he has 3 players left(kicker and 2 WR's) so I'm pretty much done. At least I have Omega mode tomorrow to help cheer me up.

You're right, I do have a 3rd place game to play. But we played for money with the winner taking it all. Now that I'm out of the money I couldn't care less about that 3rd place game. I felt so good going into this game to. I had the best record and had the highest single game projection of anybody in this season. Projections don't mean shit but I liked the match ups. Then almost everybody lays an egg and I have my lowest score of the season. What a depressing way to end my run for the title.

If that wasn't bad enough my opponent had Manziel who only scored .3 for him. He practically didn't have a starting QB and he's still going to win. I'm up 9 but he has 3 players left(kicker and 2 WR's) so I'm pretty much done. At least I have Omega mode tomorrow to help cheer me up.
Yeah I feel you. At least I can still get my money back if I come in 3rd. I'm likely gonna lose by like 5 points and I had a player that I meant to play that would've gotten me 10+.

Oh well.

But yeah at least there's Omega

DunpealD

When I found out that Momochi bopped Smug with Juri I became hyped. But I can't find that video.. :(

You mean this?

Sounds like you haven't been trying hard enough. :p

It's like 450+ damage after a cr.mk axe kick red focus. I think it's like 474 damage or something. I would hardly call that not worth it, especially if you don't wanna deal with dropping a combo.

It's at 409 with a half bar(476 at full) and 370 stun. Positioning is 1/3rd of stage with side switch due to ultra, plus hard knockdown.

You can reach 400, 630 stun and about 3/4 ex meter gain with the standard combo, including the link. Positioning at about 5/8 stage.
382 without the c.lp/mp link, 595 stun and close to 1/3 ex meter gain. Positioning at about half stage.

Considering the standard combo damage is E.Ryu's main strengths and consistency is a must, I'd say at half meter it's definitely not worth it unless you want the side switch, guaranteed damage, setup after ultra or to build a second half meter.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Afraid that the Elena lynx tail change is gonna be a nerf and a buff at the same time. It's nice that it'll be more consistent, but it also might take away a lot of its versatility as a pressure tool.

Guess we'll see pretty soon.

Onemic

Afraid that the Elena lynx tail change is gonna be a nerf and a buff at the same time. It's nice that it'll be more consistent, but it also might take away a lot of its versatility as a pressure tool.

Guess we'll see pretty soon.

Ya, now that I think about it, they Deejayed her lynx tail. It sucking the opponent in is most definitely a nerf. Now it all depends on how much it sucks them in

vg260

Pleasantly surprised by the 1.04 balance tweaks. Nothing to extreme and mostly within reason. They didn't destroy characters that got to a good place in Ultra. Glad to see E.Ryu's health dropped back down to where it was before the Ultra bump up.

hitsugi

I'm surprised Rose just got a bizarro slight buff to ex spiral chip damage... what a weird thing to look at with her.

Would have been nice if they sped up Akuma's U2 so people didn't need to do teleport->U2 as a 1F link but then again those are meter-less applications and they should be difficult.. the result has just been modified sticks to get around it.

Evil Ryu not getting his combos (that no one does) nerfed is nice.

The Elena stuff is.. well fixing a character so things don't fly through them is always nice but it is going to nerf her a bit.

cackhyena

Yeah, I goofed around with a couple characters I normally play and I don't notice drastic changes I thought would be in this. Didn't have much time, though. Lotta double hits added to moves. Guile has some nice little additions. Is Ryu's only major change his FB speed?

Top Bottom