• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Uhh..

OT is not very good. Confusing people with GIFs because you want to show off your PC Mod costumes and it looking totally off for most users is ugh.

Either way: I'm pretty stoked for Ultra. Can't wait.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I went to the arcade this weekend and played a couple of fights. I won the first, and lost the second... and I didn't even want to rematch. I was like "eh, whatever. I'll play something else."

I think my competitive spirit is gone. Maybe this will go on sale around Christmastime... or maybe I'll pop back into this thread and hear about all the new awesomeness and jump back in. Gotta use that Fightstick for something, I guess...

Exr

Please add me to OP, PSN ExarKun--
I play Rog and Claw, with Ultra coming out looking to get lots of practice with Elena and Hugo.

Tizoc

Being able to build meter so quickly from taunts is a great thing, especially since you can land with a jumping taunt then do standing taunt into crouching taunt. His taunts still don't do damage but Dan can put on quite a bit of pressure with meter so it oughta make a fair bit of difference.

His close hard kick being a command normal might make it useful as anti-air? Being able to use it that little bit further out should lead to more damaging combos; in the latest change trailer he's seen linking that kick after a close standing medium punch then linking a HP.Koryuken at the end. That extra horizontal range on his dragon punch ought to make his BnBs more consistent. He's -5 after a blocked DP FADC forwards like everyone else now though.

lk.Dankicks oughta hit crouching characters more consistently as well, which will make a big difference against Blanka. I worry about how this change will impact Dan Vs grapplers though since a well spaced lk.dankick, hitting late, would keep Dan safe from reversal SPDs. Hopefully if it's just increased downward this shouldn't matter?

The increased damage for his Ultra 2 on juggled opponents is a really big deal. It used to be hilariously puny. In the Ultra build I played at Hypespotting Dan's W Ultra version of Ultra 2 still did more damage after KRK FADC combo than the same KRK FADC combo would have in AE 2012. Plus Ultra 1 breaking armour will make EX happy Balrog players more cautious on approach.

All in all I'm pretty happy with almost all the changes; I do agree with Ixion's suggestion that his far standing hard kick should have been the command normal with the default being his current cl.hk, though.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on only using Hakan and any other character whose style I like in Ultra, but I'll be jumping back to my homie Dan.

Calling it now: More tweaks and adjustments come with the physical version. They'll have to update the game anyway to add in the extra trials DLC .. unless they're asking for people to pay for it.

So what I'm saying is that; Sagat will get some treatment buffs for his kind of outlandish nerfs.. and DJ will continue to be ignored/nerfed.

Damn Capcpom and the release dates for this game. I'm actually thinking about buying 3 different versions. Of course, I have to have it ASAP, so I'll buy the upgrade, but I also want the boxed one, and the PC version.

K.Sabot

So does anyone know about the Gamestop thing with the digital pre-order for Xbox?

Combofiend said it should be set up by the end of the week, and that was when they announced the pre-order for PSN a week back.

Tizoc

Haven't really been paying attention to the changelogs, what's the word on Adon, buff/nerf?

He can link/combo better off his Crouching LP now. At the corner it is possible to combo 2 LK Rising Jaguars if timed right.
That's it off the top of my head. Oh his Ultra 1 connects better on crouching opponents now.

AEREC

plan on getting 360 version since I already have $10 in my XBL account...then Ill move to PC as my primary when it's released.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, the retail is two months out? I guess that gives me enough time to hunt down a PS3 stick.

Marz

Calling it now: More tweaks and adjustments come with the physical version. They'll have to update the game anyway to add in the extra trials DLC .. unless they're asking for people to pay for it.

So what I'm saying is that; Sagat will get some treatment buffs for his kind of outlandish nerfs.. and DJ will continue to be ignored/nerfed.

Beautiful.

Would personally remove the GIFs from the OT to prevent confusion.

Yea I don't get the point of gifs to show off the new features when you can just link/embed the official Capcom videos about them. Just gonna have the first 10 pages with people asking about the PC mods.

Not that I give a fuck though.

Alucrid

Banned
so how were the pc versions' online for super and ae? total shit or about the same as consoles? might pick it up since it's my only way to play it now

RyudBoy

Heh, looks like Kasumi and Tina from Dead or Alive made it into Street Fighter, finally!

I might enter my first tournament this year or the next if there's one somewhere around the Bay Area. Time to check out what I've been missing all this time, I know I'm gonna get bodied though.

I main as a decent Ryu, and sometimes mess around with a much worse Ken or Guile. I think I'll try Poison since I used her during the brief period when I used to play SFxT.

Hit me up for some matches.

Gamertag: RyudBoy
Xbox Live (PC and possibly PSN later)

I always read those stories about Capcom not having enough money to make a Street Fighter 5 right now and I don't believe them. I saw the new menu background art and I now believe every word, its beyond terrible. Capcom must have barely been able to pay for Ultra

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Beautiful.

Yea I don't get the point of gifs to show off the new features when you can just link/embed the official Capcom videos about them. Just gonna have the first 10 pages with people asking about the PC mods.

Not that I give a fuck though.

Because the OT is supposed to showcase everything and most people don't like clicking on links. People who are going to take the game seriously will but casuals and people passing by will just take a glance which is what it is for.

I always read those stories about Capcom not having enough money to make a Street Fighter 5 right now and I don't believe them. I saw the new menu background art and I now believe every word, its beyond terrible. Capcom must have barely been able to pay for Ultra
Terrible company management, they've suffered losses for years and they're running nearly all of their cherished IP's into the ground. And Dragon's Dogma (their most expensive project) was a failure relative to their sky-high expectations, while also refusing to release it on PC to recover some of the costs. That's only the start of their problems, so I have no trouble believing that they lack the funds for a Street Fighter V.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Are they changing the title music?

I've been waiting for this moment all my life it's my destiny
There's a fire deep inside of me it's waiting to come out
Now no matter what, no matter how, I know I'll make it through somehow

Cuz when the road feels too long I'll still be holding on
I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

Innn-desss-tructible

I won't let nobody break me down

Indestructible

Nothings gonna stop me now!

You know you want to

Marz

Because the OT is supposed to showcase everything and most people don't like clicking on links. People who are going to take the game seriously will but casuals and people passing by will just take a glance which is what it is for.

Ah k gotcha.

Awww yuss, can't wait to get some Elena action in.

360 - Munkey D Luffy Shut up I know it's a dumb name just don't want to change it

PS3 - OzziePants

Robot Pants

Trying to understand Red Focus. When it's canceled into from a combo, it insta crumbles? Is that how it works?
And obviously you can absorb as much non armor breaking damage as you want

Yasawas

I preordered it on PSN through the SEN Store, which might be a bit easier to navigate.

Anyone know if this is NA only or can you pre-order in Europe too? I want those shitty costumes but I can't find it in search via either the PS3 or the website.

HiResDes

I just read over the Rose buffs and I think I might have to make her my primary now and Dictator second. The light scissor kick frame nerf does have me a bit worried.

Owensboro

I eagerly look forward to picking up Hugo, finally learning how to play a grappler in a fighter, and getting stomped constantly online just like back in Vanilla. I think my win % was around 10? God I'm awful at this game (and love it).

VashTS

Any word on a change to the mess that is the current ranking system?

I played Ultra at the location test in NYC last week, and was upset to learn that they took out sakura's crossup lk tatsu. Maybe they changed it back though since it wasn't included in the changelog?

Mike M

Nick N
XBL name is MisterMiksch

Looking forward to picking up Rolento, as he was my favorite in the Alpha series. Totally gonna suck balls with him though : (

I want to preorder for XBL and get goofy costume DLC, damn it : (

Top Bottom