• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Nakazato

SSF4 AE is getting GFWL removed and any GFWL-ver. can be redeemed on Steam just fine.
I believe it is on sale on Greenmangaming for $7.49. So if you get that along with the Ultra update for $15, you would've gotten the game for under $25.

You don't have to pay for XBL to use GFWL. It hasn't been like that since Halo 2 Vista and even that game got patched for free access after the backlash.

Thanks guys im going to try to play tonight then I bought it on steam for 4 dollars during Christmas sales.

Steam/PC : FFXI_Isamu

level under scrub lol

Mechazawa

God, why did they have to change the mad gear hideout music. If they were going to copy assets, they should have at least copied that part.

zlatko

Banned
As much as I do want to play this I rarely touch my X360 anymore after getting my PS4. Add to that the release of Watch Dogs tomorrow, and I just don't see myself picking this up until August for the PC version.

I'm excited to see where Rolento ends up tier list wise. His footsies are mad strong from what I've seen.

SSF4 AE is getting GFWL removed and any GFWL-ver. can be redeemed on Steam just fine.
I believe it is on sale on Greenmangaming for $7.49. So if you get that along with the Ultra update for $15, you would've gotten the game for under $25.

I have GFWL SSF4:AE can i redeem now or they haven't completed change yet?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Shit. My 360 is disconnected, my Live is out, and my Super DVD snapped in the middle (a small crack :p!). I can either hook it all back up, get a new Super disc, and go digital upgrade... oh and buy a Live sub.

OR...

Wait for Steam edition but face shittier competition.

What to do? I wanna lag some of you mofos back to the dial up age again :p

zlatko

Banned

I went over to greenman because of this post, but AE is $29.99 on there. Damn shame. I would've definitely got that to satiate my Street Fighter thirst at least until this August for the Ultra update.

Tizoc

Thanks guys im going to try to play tonight then I bought it on steam for 4 dollars during Christmas sales.

Steam/PC : FFXI_Isamu

level under scrub lol

Hah, if you can save up Gaben Dollars by selling some cards you could trim down the Ultra Upgrade by a few dollars too!

jbug617

Banned
Shit. My 360 is disconnected, my Live is out, and my Super DVD snapped in the middle (a small crack :p!). I can either hook it all back up, get a new Super disc, and go digital upgrade... oh and buy a Live sub.

OR...

Wait for Steam edition but face shittier competition.

What to do? I wanna lag some of you mofos back to the dial up age again :p

You get AE for free next month on 360 (June 16th) so all you would need would be Gold and pay for the digital upgrade.

I have GFWL SSF4:AE can i redeem now or they haven't completed change yet?

Yes you can redeem your GFWL/retail code on Steam. Also, there's an unintended side effect of allowing GFWL/retail keys to be redeemed on Steam. If you check your "CD Key" in Steam game library page you'll notice that they give you a different key other than the one you redeemed. In other words, they give you a spare "Steam key." I gave my spare key (from Steam) to a friend and he was able to redeem the game on Steam.

ALL GFWL/retail keys work on Steam, including the ones that came from a Steam copy. Free SSF4 AE for everyone as long as you pass on your [spare] key.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, network lag simulation wasn't in Super? I could swear it was.

Korezo

Yes you can redeem your GFWL code on Steam. Also, there's an unintended side effect of allowing GFWL/retail keys to be redeemed on Steam. If you check your "CD Key" in Steam game library page you'll notice that they give you a different key other than the one you redeemed. In other words, they give you a spare "Steam key." I gave my spare key (from Steam) to a friend and he was able to redeem the game on Steam.

I had all the dlc in gfwl version, what happens to my costumes?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Nice! Great deal. Has it been cheaper than this anywhere? Not sure if I should pull the trigger. Hesitating since I know I wouldn't really touch it much until August for the update. Decisions....decisions.

The cheapest it has ever been I believe although maybe it was 6.00 once on gmg with a coupon during a sale. Wait till august and you gotta pay 39.99 but you also get all the costumes, buy it now and you only pay 14.99 in August but no costumes. Of course that can change though if capcom pulls a Bioshock 2 and Arkham Aslylum/City GFWL redemption where they give everybody the dlc for free.

I had all the dlc in gfwl version, what happens to my costumes?

Well find out when the steamworks conversion is finished. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave the DLC for free to everybody who redeemed a GFWL key(although you already bought ut and all)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can't wait for this. Wish it was out on PC next week too, but I'll manage with the PS3 version!

Didn't care for the character additions made to AE and stopped playing it as much with the initial release. 2012 fixed a lot of issues but the game started feeling kind of old by this point. I'm back to Super levels of hype for Ultra. Love the character additions and new content; hoping the changes to the game really help to make things feel fresh again.

kaydigi

Can't wait been playing ae 2012 on Pc and Ps3 for the last week.

I need to buy a copy of sf4 vanilla, because that's the only way to get colors 11 and 12 correct?

Also need to buy SfxT so I can unlock costumes in Ultra.

Can you guys recommend a stick that works on Pc and ps3.

Based on posts on the Steam thread, redeem the code on Steam and it'll run fine.

Yes you can redeem your GFWL/retail code on Steam. Also, there's an unintended side effect of allowing GFWL/retail keys to be redeemed on Steam. If you check your "CD Key" in Steam game library page you'll notice that they give you a different key other than the one you redeemed. In other words, they give you a spare "Steam key." I gave my spare key (from Steam) to a friend and he was able to redeem the game on Steam.

ALL GFWL/retail keys work on Steam, including the ones that came from a Steam copy. Free SSF4 AE for everyone as long as you pass on your [spare] key.

Thanks for the info now to find the email i can't remember my CD Key :(

Coda

So I grabbed Ultra on PS3, but I'm hearing now that PS3s got input lag? What gives? Can someone clear this up for me?

360 version will always be better it seems. I remember wanting to pull my hair out with AE PS3 not being able to get Guy's target combos 100% last time I played it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I grabbed Ultra on PS3, but I'm hearing now that PS3s got input lag? What gives? Can someone clear this up for me?

In the grand scheme of things it only makes a difference if you choose certain characters and whether you can get use to it. Personally for me, since I learned to do links and combos on the 360 and PC versions, jumping to PS3 totally throws me off when I want to do certain things. Combine that with the overall more online lag because of wifi players and people with bad routers thinking it brings them good luck.

Basically if you are low level and casual, using grapplers or characters without much links or combos, you will be fine on PS3.

In the grand scheme of things it only makes a difference if you choose certain characters and whether you can get use to it. Personally for me, since I learned to do links and combos on the 360 and PC versions, jumping to PS3 totally throws me off when I want to do certain things. Combine that with the overall more online lag because of wifi players and people with bad routers thinking it brings them good luck.

Basically if you are low level and casual, using grapplers or characters without much links or combos, you will be fine on PS3.

Well, I'm only going PS3 till the PC release, so that'll be fine.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Although I'm sad about no more 2-hit mk, the changes to ex flame sound interesting, especially the "juggle properties" part. I wonder what that could lead into...

the improved recovery could also improve Sim's limited frame trap game.

Top Bottom