• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Astarte

5b121c605a3b1f3ff96684e31136df7a.png

Elena looks really fun! I hope Capcom doesn't nerf her too hard.

fader

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. That's not the right thing to say to him.

Anyway. I updated the OT. Should be good with any browser and white or black theme. :)

Think about it. This is Capcom. And there is a picture floating around with Rolento wearing another costume from SFXT on Ultra.

which one? the plumber one?

xCobalt

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. That's not the right thing to say to him.

Anyway. I updated the OT. Should be good with any browser and white or black theme. :)

Think about it. This is Capcom. And there is a picture floating around with Rolento wearing another costume from SFXT on Ultra.

If you have SFxT save data, you get access to more costumes for the 5 new comers.

It's pretty hard to switch to PC after PS3, there are some input lag differences which messes up every link.

The PC version has vsync on by default in the settings that causes massive amounts of input lag on most configurations. People playing on PC for the first time should turn vsync off and set framerate to fixed in the settings. People seem to have luck forcing vsync through external programs.

nikos

This has been my most played game since vanilla. Can't wait to get into the new content. Only had a short time with Ultra a couple of weeks ago.

Tizoc

5b121c605a3b1f3ff96684e31136df7a.png

Elena looks really fun! I hope Capcom doesn't nerf her too hard.

Back when Super was being announced I really hoped Elena would be added, but at the time I also secretly hoped they'd alter the combo system. After playing SFxT, SF4's combo system just felt too restrictive to me that I'm re-considering trying Elena in this game, but I'll try her out and see if I end up liking her play style.

Skilletor

It's pretty hard to switch to PC after PS3, there are some input lag differences which messes up every link.

The opposite for me. Especially with all of the slowdown in various stages. Most stages feel funny on ps3 (and 360, though less so than ps3).

Once PC version drops, I'll only log on to a console to play with friends who don't have it on pc, lol.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Just bought the PC version bu...PC>PS3 by a landslide tbh.

Dat SSF4AE PS3 input lag is yikes and 1 bar on PC almost feels like a 3 bar on PS3.

Just turn off vysnc and you're set and as mentioned earlier no slowdown on stages is nice, so I'm not forced to stare at the damn training stage all the time(although on PC you still get a few ppl picking nothing but training stage from time to time)

Shouta

Back when Super was being announced I really hoped Elena would be added, but at the time I also secretly hoped they'd alter the combo system. After playing SFxT, SF4's combo system just felt too restrictive to me that I'm re-considering trying Elena in this game, but I'll try her out and see if I end up liking her play style.

Elena's always been a footsies/neutral character and she'll prboably work really well in SF4. SFxT is a combo-game where footsies gives you like 300-400 damage so the system allows her to take the feel of a combo character when she really isn't.

She'll end up better in SF4 than in SFxT though because while footsies are more fatal in the latter game, it'll actually be a play style in the former where her strengths mean something.

Nose Master

Just so everyone knows, there's a fan-patch for the Ultra changes available on PC. It's not exact, but it's fun to mess around with.

Skilletor

Enter the code with dashes.

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

To clarify this is a code I've already redeemed through GFWL. I can't use it twice, can I? Just making sure.

Just bought the PC version bu...PC>PS3 by a landslide tbh.

Dat SSF4AE PS3 input lag is yikes and 1 bar on PC almost feels like a 3 bar on PS3.

Just turn off vysnc and you're set and as mentioned earlier no slowdown on stages is nice, so I'm not forced to stare at the damn training stage all the time(although on PC you still get a few ppl picking nothing but training stage from time to time)

This, also. I don't know why, but my connections on PS3 for this game are absolute ass. Better on 360, and amazing on PC. I rarely have bad matches on PC.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Elena's always been a footsies/neutral character and she'll prboably work really well in SF4. SFxT is a combo-game where footsies gives you like 300-400 damage so the system allows her to take the feel of a combo character when she really isn't.

She'll end up better in SF4 than in SFxT though because while footsies are more fatal in the latter game, it'll actually be a play style in the former where her strengths mean something.

Going from SfxT I think the characters with the biggest boost in order are

Poison -> Elena -> Rolento -> Hugo

Poison's playstyle didn't fit with SFxT at all, yet she's such a solid design she could hold her own in it. Sticking her in SF4 where her design is insanely good for the style is major for her.

You already covered Elena

Rolento while still strong he can't get as much crazy shit off those mix ups and pokes anymore

Hugo well... landing one of his big normals is not as rewarding anymore. Though his damage is a little on the stupid side once he has super

Hmm, I thought I sent you my details for the OT Kadey for getting it on day one, well anyways here is my details

NeoGAF name: Flying High, Xbox 360 for system, and my GT is Zerms

Shackzam

Q, I forgot I played Poison at UFGT and I have to say she's pretty fun to use and sort of easy. She's a little slow walk speed wise, but she makes up for it with her fire balls and good normals. Almost everything she does seems safe (besides her dp and her 2nd and 3rd rekkas obviously).

Uraizen

Banned
Well, I'm only going PS3 till the PC release, so that'll be fine.

This is exactly what I'm doing. I'll "deal" with the PS3 version for a bit. Though with some connections it doesn't seem to make a difference what you're playing on.

Hugo well... landing one of his big normals is not as rewarding anymore. Though his damage is a little on the stupid side once he has super

He has clap loops, I'm happy. I'm just disappointed they don't sound as destructive as they did in 3s.
Same goes for SFxT's Hugo.
I want that screen shake back.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Q, I forgot I played Poison at UFGT and I have to say she's pretty fun to use and sort of easy. She's a little slow walk speed wise, but she makes up for it with her fire balls and good normals. Almost everything she does seems safe (besides her dp and her 2nd and 3rd rekkas obviously).

Yup xD Could you start to see some of the stuff I was talking about? Her HP fireball is actually way better in the console version too. I'm super jealous though I want to play her already D:

36 years old. Still can't stop these fingers from spazzing out when I shouldn't be pressing buttons.

Hit up training mode, set up the record function, have it jump at you attacking over and over and stand in different spots yourself. Get a feeling down of when it's safe to attack and when it's not. This is one decent trick to get out of that habit

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He has clap loops, I'm happy. I'm just disappointed they don't sound as destructive as they did in 3s.
Same goes for SFxT's Hugo.
I want that screen shake back.

Yeah, the screen shake would have been awesome, him not having clap loops would have been a sin too. I think Hugo could have some potential still it's just going to take the proper mind to unlock it.

He now loses in the event of a double KO.

Hey, It's Cambofeen here and were gonna be talm bout DJ.

So we heard the feedback that DJ players were upset with how trash DJ's focus attack was, so we buffed the hitbox on it slightly. To compensate however, if you hit an opponent with a level 3 Focus, DJ gets crumpled instead.

jesus christ

the tears never end breh

To not derail the thread with anymore crying, I saw the video of Alucard's Hugo combos looking like he does monster damage, but does HP Clap combo from anything? Or supposed to hit it with a frame trap?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey, It's Cambofeen here and were gonna be talm bout DJ.

So we heard the feedback that DJ players were upset with how trash DJ's focus attack was, so we buffed the hitbox on it slightly. To compensate however, if you hit an opponent with a level 3 Focus, DJ gets crumpled instead.

Sounds about the same lines of logic as Seth's Tandem nerf :lol

kasane

It's up in the air. Daigo's an amazing player but you can't just say someone is going to win even if they are a solid player and using a good character.
I know im half kidding/half serious, daigo is obviously my favorite player aside from xian and infiltration

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, the screen shake would have been awesome, him not having clap loops would have been a sin too. I think Hugo could have some potential still it's just going to take the proper mind to unlock it.

Gouken gets a screen shake with a normal, why can't I have a screen shake when I smash your head between my hands repeatedly? Gosh.

Top Bottom