• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

Nabs

lol. Vic Berger is also on his ass https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/897093928150761472 and https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/897117180193648640

It's gotta be a lot more than that in your search history. I've watched a bunch of videos relevant to this event and my front page is still just a bunch of stuff about synthesizers and video games.

I already explained myself earlier. I saw the recommended/sidebar stuff and overreached. I don't search for/watch those videos.

Tip to anyone clicking this: Delete this from your youtube history before you get hit by all this redpill bs on your front page. You can't watch anything related to this without getting a bunch of trash.

It's gotta be a lot more than that in your search history. I've watched a bunch of videos relevant to this event and my front page is still just a bunch of stuff about synthesizers and video games.

in news that should surprise no one:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Records from 911 calls show the driver charged with killing a woman at a white nationalist rally was previously accused of beating his mother and threatening her with a knife.

Authorities say 20-year-old James Fields drove his car into a crowd of counter-protesters on Saturday in Charlottesville. At least two dozen were wounded in addition to the woman killed.

The records the Florence Police Department in Kentucky show the man’s mother had called police in 2011. Records show Fields’ mother, Samantha Bloom, told police he stood behind her wielding a 12-inch knife. Bloom is disabled and uses a wheelchair.

In another incident in 2010, Bloom said that Fields smacked her in the head and locked her in the bathroom after she told him to stop playing video games. Bloom told officers Fields was on medication to control his temper.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/charlottesville-suspect-mother-attack-accusations

These guys almost always have a history of domestic violence.

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm going to be honest, I doubt he was actually evicted for being physically unfit unless he was literally maimed in a training accident.

Tons of overweight, wimpy, or generally unfit people join the Army. You can--and the Army does--make anyone into a soldier who isn't severely medically handicapped. A person getting booted from Basic on grounds of being physically unfit usually has something else going on (like being a racist asshole) that's harder or more uncomfortable for everyone involved with to deal with directly, and it's just used as a convenient excuse.

Hell, I would go as far as to say many Drill Sergeants live for the chance to whip fat or puny soldiers into shape. What they don't tolerate so much are total assholes.

Your assessment is off base. Physically unfit trainees get a special peoriod if regressive training to whip you into shape, but if after a few weeks you're not showing improvement they kick you to the curb faster than you can blink.

Also, they will not take the wimpy and out of shape right off the bat. There are very real minimum standards that cannot be bypassed or waivered to join.

The military doesn't want to waste money in the physically unfit for longer than they have to. If you become unfit later in service there are a minimum number of fitness tests you can fail before they elect to separate you. Depending on your Commander and the status of the down sizing if there military, you may have even less time to get back into acceptable shape before they decide to drum you out for numbers reasons.

Caelus

In another incident in 2010, Bloom said that Fields smacked her in the head and locked her in the bathroom after she told him to stop playing video games. Bloom told officers Fields was on medication to control his temper.

What a fucking piece of trash! Such an archetype for a Nazi shitlord.

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm going to be honest, I doubt he was actually evicted for being physically unfit unless he was literally maimed in a training accident.

Tons of overweight, wimpy, or generally unfit people join the Army. You can--and the Army does--make anyone into a soldier who isn't severely medically handicapped. A person getting booted from Basic on grounds of being physically unfit usually has something else going on (like being a racist asshole) that's harder or more uncomfortable for everyone involved with to deal with directly, and it's just used as a convenient excuse.

Hell, I would go as far as to say many Drill Sergeants live for the chance to whip fat or puny soldiers into shape. What they don't tolerate so much are total assholes.

Your assessment is off base. Physically unfit trainees get a special peoriod if regressive training to whip you into shape, but if after a few weeks you're not showing improvement they kick you to the curb faster than you can blink.

Also, they will not take the wimpy and out of shape right off the bat. There are very real minimum standards that cannot be bypassed or waivered to join.

The military doesn't want to waste money on the physically unfit for longer than they have to. If you become unfit later in service there are a minimum number of fitness tests you can fail before they elect to separate you. Depending on your Commander and the status of the down sizing if there military, you may have even less time to get back into acceptable shape before they decide to drum you out for numbers reasons.

Tldr: fitness is the one area the military can and will fuck you over hard on to get you out during economical down turns and down sizing.

suess-af-nazijpg-ecff625aa5218672.jpg

Just a reminder that we've done this shit before.

Nekofrog

Banned
Not sure if this story has been posted yet.

Remember this picture:

In the center, there is 26-year-old Marcus Martin. When he saw the car speeding towards them, he pushed his fiancee, Marissa Blair out of the way, saving her. As you can see from the picture, his leg is broken and he's in mid air after being struck.

Here is him and his fiancee at the Heather Heyer memorial wearing memorial shirts.

Here is the Heather Heyer memorial.

Here is a CNN interview with Marissa Blair.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/0...from-car-by-fiance-charlottesville-newday.cnn

The Nazis will never succeed at starting a race war, this I am sure of. There may be blood, there may be violence, but there is too much love for hatred to overcome.

Difficult times are still to come but I know we will prevail. And those who were murdered in the name of this hatred will be remembered, they must be.

The instigators of this violence will be remembered as well. This nation will remember who fought to tear it down and who fought to keep it standing, living, and breathing.

Fuck Nazis. Give them no quarter.

It's a meme, not something serious. A play on 'communists killed 100 million people!!', a parody on oneself.

I didn't know it was a meme, but I'm still pretty darn uncomfortable with someone saying that, in this context. I also believe that anyone with a brain would know better, considering we're talking about someone that was murdered.

That dude is a fucking loser. The exact kind of person the "alt-right" label is specifically for. Locking your disabled mother in the bathroom because she told you to stop playing videogames jfc.

How you manage to be that much of a fuckup in 20 short years I really don't know, but I hope he has to spend the next 60+ years of his sad life reflecting on what a worthless piece of shit he is.

thill1985

Banned
This approach is what got us to this point. So maybe this approach isn't really a good one? Sure it makes indifferent white folks such as yourself feel safe, and also makes you feel like you've "contributed" and your conscience is clear but really...no one cares about your feelings. MLK really didn't like folks like you either, and that dude is dead so he's not really a great pokemon to summon.

Indifferent? Excuse me? You don't know anything about me so go back under your rock and stop attacking strangers just to make yourself feel better.

And fwiw, no, the approach I outlined worked extremely well during the Civil Rights era and will work again here too. The alternative was also tested in that same era. It failed miserably. Vast populations of ppl do not magically adhere to big ideas over night. It takes time and an intelligent effort to deliver the idea to a responsive, conditioned audience. Violence will not make Neo Nazis go away. It only emboldens them and makes you look weak and hateful to onlookers who have not paid attention. You can cling to your naive view of how ideas spread or you can do something productive, but not both.

Look at BLM to see how easily a movement's PR image and its ideas can be hijacked thoroughly simply by outsiders taking advantage of imagery. BLM has a shit tier approval rating with most Americans these days because of that PR failure. Having an emotional message is NOT a solution in itself. You need an intellectual response that can appeal to audiences in the middle and a smart PR strategy to deliver your emotional message adequately. Allowing for there to be violence committed in the name of the cause instantly alienates your target demographic.

jmdajr

I don't know how people turn out so fucking horrible.

I guess I should thank God or the random universe for simply putting me in a good environment to grow up in.

thill1985

Banned
lmao forever

You proved my point. You only pretend to have principles. You evidently will cede them eagerly if it satiates your emotions. You are more concerned with feeling good than you are with upholding the ideals you pretend are important to you.

Just because something feels good in the moment does not mean it is justifiable, nor should we abandon our principles in service of it.

norm9

Vast populations of ppl do not magically adhere to big ideas over night. It takes time and an intelligent effort to deliver the idea to a responsive, conditioned audience. Violence will not make Neo Nazis go away.

Nazis can fuck off isn't that big an idea. Even a dumb dog can understand that.

LakeEarth

Tip to anyone clicking this: Delete this from your youtube history before you get hit by all this redpill bs on your front page. You can't watch anything related to this without getting a bunch of trash.

Youtube has gotta fix their recommended video algorithms. Watch videogame reviews? Get GamerGate supporting women haters. Watch some Bill Burr stand-up? How about some Red Pill bullshit! Watch someone bitch about how stupid InfoWars is? We recommend you start watching InfoWars.

And less offensive, watch a band play a song live? We recommend these 5 other live performances of the exact same song.

Bastables

Indifferent? Excuse me? You don't know anything about me so go back under your rock and stop attacking strangers just to make yourself feel better.

And fwiw, no, the approach I outlined worked extremely well during the Civil Rights era and will work again here too. The alternative was also tested in that same era. It failed miserably. Vast populations of ppl do not magically adhere to big ideas over night. It takes time and an intelligent effort to deliver the idea to a responsive, conditioned audience. Violence will not make Neo Nazis go away. It only emboldens them and makes you look weak and hateful to onlookers who have not paid attention. You can cling to your naive view of how ideas spread or you can do something productive, but not both.
Yeah violence does work against NAZI's, you fire bomb them, drive tanks into their cities, have them commit sucide as US and SOVIET troops march past. Then hang them with completely new legal precedence and charges you literally create because they're fucking monsters.

Biggest issue with the beer putch is that the German cops did not also manage to shoot hitler dead in the NAZI's first abortive attempt to size power.

Tell me of the the world you exist in where the confederacy never existed and Sherman did not have to commit to scorched earth to help burn the racists to surrender.

Steel

Banned
Holy shit, Trump's black media director is on Jake Tapper right now saying that people should ignore these white supremacists and they'll go away! Like he was trying to say that it was the protesters fault for being there.

thill1985

Banned
Nazis can fuck off isn't that big an idea. Even a dumb dog can understand that.

The audience at play here is likely not aware that Nazis are on one side of this. For many of them this is going to be framed (and already has been) as a good ole boy South vs PC leftists. Pretending that your audience knows what you know is stupid. Most Americans couldn't pick David Duke or Richard Spencer out of a line up if their lives depended on it. Dumb dogs or not, if you sit idly by and don't help audiences frame the events in their proper context you will let the alt-right run away with the ppl you intended to pull to your side.

Holy shit, Trump's black media director is on Jake Tapper right now saying that people should ignore these white supremacists and they'll go away! Like he was trying to say that it was the protesters fault for being there.

Ignoring Nazis for so long in the early 20th century is mankind's greatest failure.

I wish someone would point to them that ignoring it is part of what got us here in the first place. How much time did the media spend talking about how Trump had straight up hate groups backing his campaign during the election? That was a problem. There wasn't enough time given to the fact that the KKK endorsed Trump or that David Duke is in love with him.

This approach is what got us to this point.
Bullshit.

The approach was beat people with bike locks, throw explosives into crowds and shoot up a goddamn baseball field.

Don't any of you ever fucking sweep that bullshit under the rug. The extremist on the left are just as complicit in their thirst for blood as asshole shitstain Nazis, KKK, white supremacists, etc.

Don't ever act like our side is completely fucking just and absent of it's vampires looking for blood.

Now if you said we've crossed a threshold where words won't work - I'd agree. But in no fucking way have things been peaceful.

It's escalated from a punch and a joke to this. Grats.

I'll be the first motherfucker to drive a bus full of Nazis and KKK off a cliff if you throw me the keys but I'm not fucking pretending that the shitstain extremists on our side didn't contribute to where we are today.

Everyone's complete ignorance of the path our side took to get here makes you feel all just and good, right? Like we played no part, right? Bull fucking shit.

We legitimized groups like Antifa by not actively seeking to detach ourselves from them and now the alt-right sees a leader they can latch on to in an effort to legitimize what they believe in.

We are fucking here now and people are dying. I hope all the fun and games up to this point have been worth it.

Keep sweeping shit under the rug. Mhmmm. I'll fucking hold everyone accountable that has actively chosen violence as a first measure. Started with a punch, then turned into sticks, turned into bike locks and bottles, turned into throwing mortars, turned into shooting people turned into running people over with a car.

If you can't see how this shit escalates you are blind as fuck. Enough is fucking enough. People are dead. This isn't Gaf's favorite game of "punch a Nazi lol" played by Gaf's favorite mask-wearing fascists Antifa - we have bodies now.

Civility and morals got us to this point? Nah. Nah. Don't even play.

You can either acknowledge the shit assholes on our side have done or lie through your fucking teeth to feel good about yourself.

If there is a God, don't worry, he'll acknowledge whichever one you choose as he sees fit after he gets done putting those Nazis and KKK fucks on Broil for all eternity.

thill1985

Banned
Yeah violence does work against NAZI's, you fire bomb them, drive tanks into their cities, have them commit sucide as US and SOVIET troops march past. Then hang them with completely new legal precedence and charges you literally create because they're fucking monsters.

In America we don't murder others for what their beliefs are, no matter how vile or dangerous those beliefs are. We have other ways to punish them if they express hate speech, threats, violence, etc. If your concern is that those laws are not being enforced, then direct the appropriate amount of anger at the Executive Branch and the DoJ. If you think new laws should be written, express that sentiment to your Congressman.

Biggest issue with the beer putch is that the German cops did not also manage to shoot hitler dead in the NAZI's first abortive attempt to size power.

This has nothing to do with anything I posted.

Tell me of the the world you exist in where the confederacy never existed and Sherman did not have to commit to scorched earth to help burn the racists to surrender.

Tell me of the world you live in where I suggested anything remotely similar to what you are pulling from your ass. I'll get comfy.

"What's is my people saying?"
"Uhhh. Damn that sucks."

Tim Heidecker had a great exchange with this clown too. Told him he made a mistake by putting "comedian" in his profile. Alaska responded that Tim should change his name to GAY. Tim changes his name to (GAY) and continues to tell him to erase the comedian from his description.

I love those guys.

thill1985

Banned
I wish someone would point to them that ignoring it is part of what got us here in the first place. How much time did the media spend talking about how Trump had straight up hate groups backing his campaign during the election? That was a problem. There wasn't enough time given to the fact that the KKK endorsed Trump or that David Duke is in love with him.

The media talked about it a TON during the campaign. It was one of the most potent narratives around his candidacy, if not THE most potent one at the time. The issue was that the folks in the middle who never watch cable news were being bombarded on social media with anti-Clinton, pro-Trump propaganda and these ppl were too uninformed to know better so they fell for it. One side has a smart message delivery approach while the other side did not.

Hillary's side had the emotional points to make as well as the intellectual ones, but Trump/Russia targeted the uninformed middle voters on social media and folks on the left were peeled off to vote in favor of destroying Washington, or in favor of writing in Bernie's name, or talked into apathy towards Hillary. The rest of the undecideds broke towards Trump due to them falling for the pro-Trump propaganda.

You need an emotional message, an intellectual point, and a delivery system that realizes the hurdles to delivering these messages. Without the last one, the other two mean almost nothing.

Nekofrog

Banned
Bullshit.

The approach was beat people with bike locks, throw explosives into crowds and shoot up a goddamn baseball field.

Don't any of you ever fucking sweep that bullshit under the rug. The extremist on the left are just as complicit in their thirst for blood as asshole shitstain Nazis, KKK, white supremacists, etc.

Don't ever act like our side is completely fucking just and absent of it's vampires looking for blood.

Now if you said we've crossed a threshold where words won't work - I'd agree. But in no fucking way have things been peaceful.

It's escalated from a punch and a joke to this. Grats.

I'll be the first motherfucker to drive a bus full of Nazis and KKK off a cliff if you throw me the keys but I'm not fucking pretending that the shitstain extremists on our side didn't contribute to where we are today.

Everyone's complete ignorance of the path our side took to get here makes you feel all just and good, right? Like we played no part, right? Bull fucking shit.

We legitimized groups like Antifa by not actively seeking to detach ourselves from them and now the alt-right sees a leader they can latch on to in an effort to legitimize what they believe in.

We are fucking here now and people are dying. I hope all the fun and games up to this point have been worth it.

Keep sweeping shit under the rug. Mhmmm. I'll fucking hold everyone accountable that has actively chosen violence as a first measure. Started with a punch, then turned into sticks, turned into bike locks and bottles, turned into throwing mortars, turned into shooting people turned into running people over with a car.

If you can't see how this shit escalates you are blind as fuck. Enough is fucking enough. People are dead. This isn't Gaf's favorite game of "punch a Nazi lol" played by Gaf's favorite mask-wearing fascists Antifa - we have bodies now.

Civility and morals got us to this point? Nah. Nah. Don't even play.

You can either acknowledge the shit assholes on our side have done or lie through your fucking teeth to feel good about yourself.

If there is a God, don't worry, he'll acknowledge whichever one you choose as he sees fit after he gets done putting those Nazis and KKK fucks on Broil for all eternity.

Civility -- good little Democrats tolerating hatred an bigotry by "ignoring it all it'll go away" is what allowed this buildup to happen. Not a bike lock or a ppunch to the face. Nobody is lying about it. Nazis are literally going to kill people because that's their end game.

Dylan roof was because of bike lock and a punch or two?

Again: Nazi end game is throwing all not whites into ovens and gas Chambers. How did punching a Nazi escalate anything?

Civility -- good little Democrats tolerating hatred an bigotry by "ignoring it all it'll go away" is what allowed this buildup to happen. Not a bike lock or a ppunch to the face. Nobody is lying about it. Nazis are literally going to kill people because that's their end game.

Dylan roof was because of bike lock and a punch or two?

Again: Nazi end game is throwing all not whites into ovens and gas Chambers. How did punching a Nazi escalate anything?
We've always had cocksuckers on the alt right acting like judge, jury and executioner.

But are you really going to turn a blind eye to the escalation the extremists way the fuck out in left field have been doing for the past year?

Really?

You're going that route?

Just oblivious to the tit for tat?

Sticking your head in the sand at all the bullshit that's been bouncing back and forth?

REALLY NOW?

Hell I've even advocated for violence before but I should have known dumbasses wouldn't know when to switch gears and use a show of force to keep assholes at bay vs trying to bury them. So it escalates.

But, again, here we are. I hope the ride was worth it for some of you.

I'm fucking done with this shit. Absolutely fucking done with the "just some windows and maybe a car" crowd. Fuck that high horse bullshit.

You all can say what you want and keep lying to yourselves so you feel better. I won't respond.

Nekofrog

Banned
We've always had cocksuckers on the alt right acting like judge, jury and executioner.

But are you really going to turn a blind eye to the escalation the extremists way the fuck out in left field have been doing for the past year?

Really?

You're going that route?

Sticking your head in the sand at all the bullshit that's been bouncing back and forth?

REALLY NOW?

Hell I've even advocated for violence before but I should have known dumbasses wouldn't know when to switch gears and use a show of force to keep assholes at bay vs trying to bury them. So it escalates.

I'm fucking done with this shit. Absolutely fucking done with the "just some windows and maybe a car" crowd. Fuck that high horse bullshit.

Oh yes this is all the lefts fault. We harbored hatred, anti semitism, racism, sexism. We allowed it to Fester. We promoted it, nurtured it, and let the see blossom in of young minds to take root and grow in the lynchings of black people, the fag drags in Texas, the systemic discrimination of minorites and women in the work place and in public life.

That's all on us harboring antifa. Glad you could educate us.

Tonedeff

Oh yes this is all the lefts fault. We harbored hatred, anti semitism, racism, sexism. We allowed it to Fester. We promoted it, nurtured it, and let the see blossom in of young minds to take root and grow in the lynchings of black people, the fag drags in Texas, the systemic discrimination of minorites and women in the work place and in public life.

That's all on us harboring antifa. Glad you could educate us.

Are you deliberately missing this motherfuckers point?

pigeon

Banned

Really?

You're going that route?

REALLY NOW?

You all can say what you want and keep lying to yourselves so you feel better. I won't respond.

Some people will say and do absolutely anything to absolve others of their support for white supremacy.

Really?

You're going that route?

REALLY NOW?

Excuse me, but some of us like sucking cock. Find another slur please.

ZOONAMI

I don't see Nazis opening fire on antifa or vise versa tbh. I see lots of fighting in the streets and the police sitting on the sideline for sure tho. The next few rallies the fascists put on will be telling tho. As my wife and I were watching the coverage this weekend she suggested we buy a few guns for protection. In all the time we've known each other I would never have imagined her saying that and I can't even say she's wrong for suggesting it.

You don't see guys bringing rifles to a protest having the potential using them?

Top Bottom