• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogamer Podcast

L1NETT

download12037_240x180.jpg

What is this?

The Videogamer team get their chat on and discuss the week's video game news and latest releases, set ridiculous topics for the community to discuss, and get wildly distracted by shiny tangents. New episode every Wednesday.

Verdict;

A quick, funny and concise look into the week's games and news which is easily digestible and not full of hours of waffle. Great for a train journey and such. Also a bit odd, but it is nice to listen to four Brits who have similar frames of references to me (sorry to our trans Atlantic cousins)

They also do weekly competitions where you can win free games, the end of each podcast and their website have more details.

Who?

Videogamer, a British based videogame news and reviews site.

The Podcast's regular cast tends to be

Chris Bratt
David Scammell
Jim Trinca
Tom Orry
Steve Burns
Links

Latest Episode

Itunes

Be interested if anyone else listens to this, I really enjoy this and there other video content, most of it is pretty mint. Any thoughts GAF?

Great podcast, very entertaining, been a listener for a few months now. Its good to find a non American podcast worth listening too.

These guys seem to enjoy there work far more than I do.

Aw, cheers chaps! Glad to hear people like the fact that we don't waffle on for hours and hours - try to keep it short & sharp and keep the conversation focused on games. Thanks for listening!

Woffls

Been listening to VG podcasts for years - I joined the site in 2008, but I can't remember when the original podcast started up. It was spectacular, though.

The line-up was a bit up in the air for a while, but the current one is working out tremendously well.

I disagree with a lot of their opinions on stuff, but I'd rather hear that than a bunch of people just trying not to piss anyone off. This show is definitely not that.

AHA-Lambda

This weeks podcast for pre-e3

Listening to it just now but some interesting tidbits within:

-some project beast hints
-they mention being disappointed in some recent footage of Alien Isolation that they saw, as it had alot more shooting in it than hiding.

Yikes.

This show has actually picked up a bit in the last week or two. The crew needed new news to discuss, otherwise they kind of spin their tires complaining about how boring everything is.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I only listen to podcast whose cast members have blocked Neuromancer on Twitter. Is that the case here?

Slowdive

Banned
Ha this thread just got a shoutout on their twitter.

Spoke to a taxi driver the other day who told me on good authority that Beyonce: Two Souls is being developed by the Videogamer team. It's fact now.

Rodhull

Ha this thread just got a shoutout on their twitter.

Spoke to a taxi driver the other day who told me on good authority that Beyonce: Two Souls is being developed by the Videogamer team. It's fact now.

Haha yeah I had no idea there was even a thread. Love the podcast It's not so much a gaming podcast as it is an excuse for everyone to berate Bratterz.

Bring back the Tom Orry minute. Don't think I've ever listened to its theme song without laughing.

bigjig

It's one of the better gaming podcasts around certainly, but I have to admit I preferred it when it was Lees, Scammel, Miller and Burns. Bit too much Bratterz bashing lately :/

Rodhull

Miller was funny but for any game that wasn't Batman it was fairly pointless having him talk about as he thought literally everything else was shit.

Spaghetti

videogamer seems to have a fairly high staff turnover rate. not just matt and miller, go back a few years on the youtube channel and you'll see basically everybody in the videos besides the orry bros and scammell are no longer working there.

Rodhull

videogamer seems to have a fairly high staff turnover rate. not just matt and miller, go back a few years on the youtube channel and you'll see basically everybody in the videos besides the orry bros and scammell are no longer working there.

Yeah back when I started listening to the podcast the only people left are the Orry's. The current crew is great but very different to when Neon, Wes and Seb were regulars.

Rodhull

Thought the Danny Dyer talk was great last week. I'd heard the outlaws commentary before but just as funny/bizarre a second time.

Rodhull

Jim's impression of Shaggerz and reaction to the dial up Internet remark had me laughing out loud at work.

Another really good episode. This is right up there as a must listen podcast now.

Top Bottom