• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogamer Podcast

T.O.P

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp3g1GnzDys

4T_8Dp.gif

DWEEEEEEEEEEB

wut

are you high off the sensation of klopptimism hitcher

delle alli will bring you back down to earth with a rawk filled thud

They said there'd be one a week, there's been 2 in over 5 weeks ¬¬

Did you send a question for the podcast about TW3's just after the PS4/XBO came out btw?

Rodhull

Haha,I see they're back to obsessing about what people say about them again.

It's not like they're the only site that gets it. Places like GameSpot have been getting shit for giving AC a 9 so no idea why they get so worked up about it. It's inevitable.

Menome

I'll be back on the Podcast tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to say hello to the new team-member and then give them the mock shifty-eyes for getting the job instead of me.

Sky Saw

Banned
Latest podcast was awesome. Really wish the line-up would permanently be Miller, Scammell, Burns and Jim though.

Rodhull

Wow, Jim tells a story involving his mate Danny on this week's podcast that is a bit..... out there.

Probably the most WTF podcast moment I've heard in a long time.

Menome

Forgot to mention, that was me again on the podcast this week. Plus, it seems Dave is a secret member as well as Burns, so hello you guys!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that and a very salty Jim made it a good episode this week.

He is absolutely hilarious. The whole lot of them are, honestly. Alice Bell has been a fantastic addition to the crew, as well.

I think this Podcast and their work in general really deserve a lot more love around here. They're pretty much Giant Bomb-tier for me in terms of quality.

Rodhull

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller saying he's leaving too. Although he seems pretty busy with his wrestling stuff recently.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Burns just announced on Twitter that it's his last week at VG, A real shame, wonder where he's off to.

Jim has just announced he's leaving as well

Damn, wtf :(

Holy shit, really? Burns and Jim?

I think everyone at VG is great, but losing those guys will really change the tone of things. Really unfortunate...

I've only been following VG for a few years, but it seems like they always get these amazingly talented and funny people to come through, but just can't hold on to them at all. Matt Lees, Chris Bratt, etc.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller saying he's leaving too. Although he seems pretty busy with his wrestling stuff recently.

From a podcast perspective, it feels like Miller's almost gone already... :(

dugdug

Banned
Feeling bad for the new recruits who thought they were joining an awesome team and not making an entirely new one :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Scammell's leaving too. Entire editorial team will have changed in less than a year.

Damn it, man...

Didn't Dave just recently start taking on more responsibilities as a lead editor or something?

Really sucks to see him go. I like Alice and the two new guys just fine, but it's really not going to be the same without any of the traditional personalities.

I wonder what's caused the the mass exodus this year. I know Jim and Burns have big plans, but what about Tom and Dave? Wonder if there is some drama with company that bought Videogamer a while back...

Oh well!

drama with company that bought Videogamer a while back

has to be with the founders leaving, The other Orry is also gone, so within 6 months they're lost everyone who made up the old team. Feels like only a matter of time.

Tom also put "Sadly sometimes in life you just have to do the thing you don't want to do" so somethings clearly gone on thats forced him into leaving.

Menome

has to be with the founders leaving, The other Orry is also gone, so within 6 months they're lost everyone who made up the old team. Feels like only a matter of time.

Tom also put "Sadly sometimes in life you just have to do the thing you don't want to do" so somethings clearly gone on thats forced him into leaving.

I'm worried that CandyBanana has given an edict of having "Trendy young people" as the face of the channel. Alice, Colm and Sam are thankfully great, but part of the joy of VideoGamer was having non-standard personalities like Tom and Dave.

Rodhull

That's four staff members out and I don't think they were advertising for that many coming in. Who knows what's going on but it certainly seems like they're cutting back or streamlining the site.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sam's just announced on Twitter that he's going too. What on earth is going on over there?

He's one of the guys that's just joined up, right? Weird. James left, too?

So just Alice and Colm for now with some possible Miller appearances?

I like them all, but RIP old Videogamer :(

Rodhull

Tom announced he's the gaming editorial director for whatculture now. Good to see him getting work quickly.

For those on their patreon has the amount of content gone up or down since all the changes? I like the guys still there but it would be pretty hard to keep the same amount of content coming with so few people.

Menome

For those on their patreon has the amount of content gone up or down since all the changes? I like the guys still there but it would be pretty hard to keep the same amount of content coming with so few people.

At the moment off the top of my head, the extra content is:

-Extended and early Podcast on Tuesdays
-Q&A Livestreams on Thursdays
-Extra podcast on Fridays (Around 45 minutes)

Rodhull

At the moment off the top of my head, the extra content is:

-Extended and early Podcast on Tuesdays
-Q&A Livestreams on Thursdays
-Extra podcast on Fridays (Around 45 minutes)

Sorry missed this. Hmm, doesn't seem like a lot.

Random question but are the trashy ads at the bottom of VG articles new or have they been there a while? I haven't been on the site that much lately so I could have missed it.

Good to see Tom working at the Gamer network now. Should provide plenty of Bratterz related content on twitter at least.

Menome

Sorry missed this. Hmm, doesn't seem like a lot.

Random question but are the trashy ads at the bottom of VG articles new or have they been there a while? I haven't been on the site that much lately so I could have missed it.

Good to see Tom working at the Gamer network now. Should provide plenty of Bratterz related content on twitter at least.

Unfortunately as it's been a skeleton crew of Alice & Colm, with Simon as a part-timer, content has probably been tough to get created and scheduled. Once the new folks come in, it should start getting busier again.

If the new people are in this month, I might get the chance to say hello as I'm in for my final podcast appearance soon.

Top Bottom