• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump admin sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

when is there going to be a straw that breaks the camels back? i feel like theres never a consequence and the amount of shady shit is just insane. more than anything else. is there just no hard evidence? i thought there was, but then why does it all seem fruitless?

When people start testifying, when the Senate and House committees reveal the findings of their investigations, when the FBI makes a recommendation to the Justice Department after closing its investigation, etc.

We're still at the beginning of all this. Everyone's just gathering up evidence and witnesses right now.

...[T]he senate hearing on Thursday is just a hearing with senators. No one is testifying before them, so it would be a little bit before Yates would appear before them.

Actually, the Thursday hearings have the following witnesses:

Eugene Rumer
Director of Russia and Eurasia Program
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

Roy Godson
Professor of Government Emeritus
Georgetown University

Clint Watts
Senior Fellow
Foreign Policy Research Institute Program on National Security

Kevin Mandia
Chief Executive Officer
FireEye

General (Ret.) Keith Alexander
Chief Executive Officer and President
IronNet Cybersecurity

Ref:
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov...ssian-active-measures-and-influence-campaigns
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/hearings/open-hearing-intelligence-matters-1

Nothing. But the senate hearing on Thursday is just a hearing with senators. No one is testifying before them, so it would be a little bit before Yates would appear before them.

The communications between Yates and Trump would be while Trump was in office as she was Acting AG under him for like 10 days.
Ah I see. And in the other thread it looks like Yates's lawyer said they would testify anyway because the administration has been so public in their comments rendering this privilege moot. Then her hearing is cancelled.

Actually, the Thursday hearings have the following witnesses:

Eugene Rumer
Director of Russia and Eurasia Program
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

Roy Godson
Professor of Government Emeritus
Georgetown University

Clint Watts
Senior Fellow
Foreign Policy Research Institute Program on National Security

Kevin Mandia
Chief Executive Officer
FireEye

General (Ret.) Keith Alexander
Chief Executive Officer and President
IronNet Cybersecurity

Ref:
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov...ssian-active-measures-and-influence-campaigns
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/hearings/open-hearing-intelligence-matters-1

Interesting they'd go with these guys instead of people like Yates, Flynn, Manafort and them.

This presidency has been like a really bad b movie. Fucking terrible. But not boring.

I can't wait for this house to come crashing down.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
What's the opposite of the word suspicious?

"Fine"

200_s.gif

This is their first open hearing on the subject; you cannot expect them to start the show with show-stoppers.

The House first open hearing had Comey reveal the investigation which was YUUUGE. The Senate doesn't need all the people I listed on Day 1 but someone the people know is apart of this whole debacle would be nice.

kaskade

Beautiful. Keeping the pressure on to have Nunes recuse himself and get in independent investigation going. At some point it's gotta happen.

The Trump administration sought to block former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying to Congress in the House investigation of links between Russian officials and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, The Washington Post has learned, a position that is likely to further anger Democrats who have accused Republicans of trying to damage the probe.

This should anger everybody.

oti

Banned
What I don't understand is how Nunes has the power to cancel every hearing. He's just one person in the Intel conitee is he not? Why can he just do this?

Did they think people wouldn't find out they are trying to block her and wouldn't cause a bigger shitstorm?

These some dense mother fuckers

Bluenoser

A lot of Republicans are going to burn over this. They can cooperate now, or go down with the ship. Dat iceberg is approaching.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Its amazing to me that Republicans aren't taking this opportunity to throw this treasonous fuckhead out on his ass. I mean colluding with Russia I would have thought is over the line for them. Pence would be a more establishment guy too.

Pence is complicit, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom