• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump admin sought to block Sally Yates from testifying to Congress on Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Now, doesn't that also just take away their arguments against Sally Yates speaking in any other venue? Or are they just going to delay and then claim executive privilege later on.

This was the expected answer from the WH and why they didn't state executive privilege in the first place.

The real underlying question in this mess is whether the White House told Nunes to cancel the committee meetings so Yates couldn't testify when he snuck over there last week (i.e., the WH way of avoiding the testimony and also not invoking presidential privilege).

Sure. But there's nothing concrete in the reporting to justify the headline. Trump's Razor says that's most likely what happened, but there's no sourcing to justify WaPo's headline.

Grym

Sure. But there's nothing concrete in the reporting to justify the headline. Trump's Razor says that's most likely what happened, but there's no sourcing to justify WaPo's headline.

agreed. And in the short term it's what they had to do.

I just wonder what the long term play is here. Eventually she will testify somewhere...intelligence community, house committee, senate committee, something. Is it just a play for time for the WH...? I don't see what Nunes gets out of this other than looking like a fool

ZOONAMI

agreed. And in the short term it's what they had to do.

I just wonder what the long term play is here. Eventually she will testify somewhere...intelligence community, house committee, senate committee, something. Is it just a play for time for the WH...? I don't see what Nunes gets out of this other than looking like a fool

Right. It's a delay tactic. But how does delaying help them? It just makes the admin and nunes look bad.

I don't understand what you people think. You really believe they directly discussed any hacking or leaking of democratic emails and documents? Who really believes this? Show me some legit journalists who think this actually happened. Left wing americans have gone off the deep end and become the same conspiracy theorists from the right.

mjc

I don't understand what you people think. You really believe they directly discussed any hacking or leaking of democratic emails and documents? Who really believes this? Show me some legit journalists who think this actually happened. Left wing americans have gone off the deep end and become the same conspiracy theorists from the right.
giphy.gif

rokkerkory

We don't know what to think because WH keeps blocking everything. If they are so clean, they should be super OK with the truth coming out right?

ZOONAMI

What are you talking about? Virtually every respected news outlet has reported on trump staff collision with the Russians. Comey said they are actively investigating it.

Thaedolus

I mean Trump publicly called on them to fucking do so on TV, are you seriously suggesting there's nothing to all these communications and meetings if he had the stones to do that? And if these were innocuous communications, why the blatant coverup? And the people I follow calling for his head all identify as conservative Republicans who see treason for what it is and are pissed their party isn't doing anything about it.

You're totally blind if you think this is just partisan outrage by the left.

jiiikoo

Banned
Hush little baby dont you cry, Trump is gonna buy you a mocking bird. If that mocking bird dont sing, Putins gonna buy you a diamond ring!

What exactly do you think everybody is investigating?

Direct Trump campaign coordination with the Kremlin, with a quid pro quo concerning Ukraine and Russian sanctions.

At this point you'd have to be a conspiracy nut to not see all the connections, evasions and misdirections with this administration when it comes to Russia.

I think this is a little more verifiable than the conspiracy theories peddled by the right. The whole birther thing and pizzagate are verified lies while this stuff has a lot of smoke and the doorknob is hot. Top administration staff have resigned, others have recused themselves, and an investigation has been acknowledged by the FBI. Seems like a bit more than anything the right brought up about Obama. It's not rocket science.

Grym

Here's what I think....That Yates informed senior white house staff/the president that former national security advisor Flynn fucked up with regard to his dealings in Turkey and the Russian ambassador. If this in fact happened and the WH was officially covering for Flynn anyway and kept him on for weeks after being told....well they can't say they innocently didn't know and the whole thing becomes a WH cover-up...

(not really conspiracy level stuff here. This is all basically known already. It is just the details that Yates can provide that may be more of a bombshell I suppose)

jay

Intelligence agencies are investigating Trump links to Russia because they are secretly left wing conspiracy theory think tanks.

rambis

Banned

Um what the hell are you on about?

Most experts have said from the beginning that there is likely no silver bullet in this case. Both Comey and Rogers said this just last week. And how is this even remotely similar to a conspiracy theory at this point?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

You're calling us conspiracy nuts when there are several active investigations, one of which is being conducted by the FBI. not to mention a plethora of stories and sources accusing Trump associates of colluding with the Russians.

Please disrespectfully hop off.

RCSI

The whole point of the FBI counter-intelligence and Congressional Committee's is to answer that very question. These last few months have been building up background and connections with Russian officials and to examine discussion details. When transition team members and current officials start to deflect and obfuscate details surrounding un-reported contacts with known Russian spy contacts, the need to gain perspective on that question only grows.

Nice try comrade.

ZOONAMI

So Nunes has sabotaged the house investigation.

There's still the senate IC and the FBI.

WH can't stop this train.

Neoweee

Yes? Roger Stone has openly admitted to being in contact with Russian agents, and had knowledge of what Wikileaks was going to be releasing in the future.

rjinaz

You always drop in to call the people on the Left crazy but then drive off.

So let's hear it, you really think there is nothing to any of this Russia stuff and it's just "the Left being as bad as the Right" both sides?

ZOONAMI

Eh, he seems smart enough to leave the actual treason to Trump and his team.

He's already implicated in covering for Flynn given Yates and Cummings communications. If trump is impeached I don't really see him wanting to be Gerald ford.

If he's smart he will resign and go back to Indiana where he still has a chance of being a congressman again.

There's an ongoing investigation into the topic by the FBI, many ties between Russia and the Trump campaign, communication between Russia and the Trump administration, and the Trump dossier which was created by an ex-Mi6 agent and has some proven validity in it so far, such as with Flynn and Manafort. Compare that with PizzaGate and I think the difference is very clear.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I read this crazy conspiracy theory about Kennedy, most people think there was a second shooter, but the FBI thinks it was a lone-gunman, and there was a commission headed up by the chief justice of the US and the head of the CIA that confirmed it! Also the moon landing happened, and 9/11 was by Al-Qaeda. Teach the controversy!

Pro-tip, the official narrative put forward by intelligence agencies and backed up by main stream media is the antithesis of a "conspiracy."

All the White House and Nunes succeeded in doing here was turning Yates' eventual testimony in either the Senate or the House (most likely the Senate at this point) all the more like payperview levels of excitement.

You don't raise anticipation for something you believe will be damaging to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom