• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Xbox One outed - exclusive for X1 employees.

Omni

The console probably doesn't cost half as much to produce. They're not losing nothing giving it away like that.
Probably. But still... No doubt that the people working on the X1 are fans of the system, and it certainly would be good to walk away with it for free, as well as whatever other pay/benefits they get for their work.

Just saying. I can't see many people complaining about this. Or at least considering it 'stingy'
but what do I know ha

Damn, the final controller looks comfy as hell! :D

Can you use this controller on the 360?
It uses wifi direct or something, doesn't it? Means it isn't compatible

Krakn3Dfx

Kvikmyndahús;78348265 said:
They should have some sort of salary sacrifice for Xbox Live subscription, on a massively discounted employees price. Only 1 year free doesn't feel right.

MS employees get Gold subs for $25, I have a friend who works in the Server division that gets me the hookup when I need it.

Aselith

112255.gif

good thing that GM employees dont have to pay for cars or gas

Live is a service not a product. There's not any production cost associated with it, it's a toggle. That comparison is kind of embarrassing.

I like white consoles more than black ones, but these companies almost always go with black like every other appliance near your TV.

Caayn

To everyone who complains about MS employees needing to pay for XBL. Who's to say that they don't get a discount on it? I can't imagine that they pay the same price that we do.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
pretty sexy - but that would certainly stand out in virtually any entertainment set up. think i prefer the black.

Lima

Looks like shit but it is interesting that the buttons on the white controller are fully coloured like on the 360 compared to the black One controller where only the symbol is in colour.

Oppo

The white is not bad. But with that venting it looks even more like a consumer dehumidifier or the like.

Iacobellis

Fuck... I want one. Weird how Microsoft started off with white-only consoles on the 360, and eventually went to black with the $499 Elite SKU. We seem to be in the opposite now. :(

MaulerX

I think the reason they kept Kinect black is because the entire front of Kinect has a black lens to cover/hide the other cameras that are behind it (them letting you see only one was a design choice).

If they made the body white, it would look real awkward with the front (which would probably remain black).

Aselith

To everyone who complains about MS employees needing to pay for XBL. Who's to say that they don't get a discount on it? I can't imagine that they pay the same price that we do.

I think it's likely they do since one poster mentioned that his friend got him cards for $25. I think it's pretty crazy that they pay at all for a simple service activation.

To put this in perspective, I work for a cable company and we get free 50mb internet, free every channel cable and $15 phone service and 50% PPV. That's like $150 a month

Caayn

I think it's likely they do since one poster mentioned that his friend got him cards for $25. I think it's pretty crazy that they pay at all for a simple service activation.

To put this in perspective, I work for a cable company and we get free 50mb internet, free every channel cable and $15 phone service and 50% PPV. That's like $150 a month
It's crazy to expect a free give away, even for a simple activation service. My dad works for KPN one of the biggest ISPs in The Netherlands. But he doesn't get free phone services, internet or TV. He only gets XX% of existing bundles and prices.

To asume that every company gives away free stuff, to their employees, no matter how small. Just because yours does is, which is nice btw, is plain dumb. (no offence intented)

Aselith

It's crazy to expect a free give away, even for a simple activation service. My dad works for KPN one of the biggest ISPs in The Netherlands. But he doesn't get free phone services, internet or TV. He only gets XX% of existing bundles and prices.

To asume that every company gives away free stuff, to their employees, no matter how small. Just because yours does is, which is nice btw, is plain dumb. (no offence indented)

I didn't say I ASSUMED every company gave stuff away for free. I know they don't since I've had other jobs. I said I can't believe that Microsoft doesn't activate everyone's service for free. The cost would be infintesimal and gives them a slightly better compensation package.

The company your dad works for are also tightfisted bastards.

Slermy

Xbox 360 comes out: EWWW WHITE

Xbox 1 comes out: DUDE WHITE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!

Eh, you have vocal people on both sides. If consoles were just released in both Black and White from the getgo, a lot of people would be happy.

TRios Zen

IF the One was only offered in White, I'd think it was dull and would pine for a black one.

NOW that I can't have a white one, I want it.

Top Bottom