• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-k in Review 5/4

Grecco

ShockingAlberto said:
Soul Edge had character-specific quests where they crossed the country and fought gimmick fights. It was all done in text, not as an adventure, but they could easily make something like that as an adventure if they wanted.

Soul Calibur has the quest mode as well.

Its a nice distraction but id kill for a new SC or hell a Soul Calibur 3-60

Show me more nights! Show me nights has the original hidden inside.

While we are at it show me Panzer Dragoon Saga with updated graphics with perfect use of the wii mote!

FEW!!!

Oh and shining force 4 where you can point to the squares and select what you do by shooting it on the screen. Throw in action sequences using the wii-mote for additional power attack damage.

Krowley

I'd say it's probably soul calibur and it could potentialy be very awesome, especially if there are people from the actual soul calibur team working on it..

Just think.. Team ninja makes fighting games, and look how awesome the combat system was in Ninja gaiden... Soul calibur has much better combat than DOA, so they might deliver something pretty cool.

It could also be shovelware, but i'm hopeful until we hear more.

Chumly

As people have already pointed out in this thread it HAS to be SC

- Sold very well on the GC
- Not Bloody Roar (Since they joked about it)
- Not MK (Since they joked about it)
- Matt says anyone with half a brain could figure it out

And if its not SC? We kill IGN

The sega event actually sounded like some cool stuff would be shown/announced also.

I would love to see a game with Taki as the main character. You know, 'cause she's a hot ninja and all. I'm thinking they would probably use a character with a sword like Mitsurugi though.

That 360 Naruto game is supposedly exclusive so I guess that rules out that possibility. It could always be a new one though.

Krowley

I think the best hope we have is a Soul Calibur game. It's not only the most likley option, but it's also has the best chance to be good. Every other possibility makes me cringe a little, but the idea of a soul calibur adventure game seems solid.

Tristam

jaundicejuice said:
News about news in regards to Metroid Prime 3...AGAIN? F*ck it, I am not suffering through one of those podcasts ever again.

At least the news finally has a release date.

Tf53

thefro said:
- They're hearing the rumor about Nintendo maybe setting up an office in San Francisco for PR staff where Perrin Kaplan, etc would move.

Matt & Perrin affair confirmed?

I am so gay for Metroid Prime 3.

Looking forward to hearing about these upcoming events (well, maybe not the ubisoft one, unless they're actually announcing exclusi...what, what the hell am I talking about?)

This new Soul Calibur game could be sweet.

Dascu

Alkaliine said:
Looking forward to hearing about these upcoming events (well, maybe not the ubisoft one, unless they're actually announcing exclusi...what, what the hell am I talking about?)

Red Steel 2.

Guys, don't get excited about Sega related stuff, and don't assume Soul Calibur when third rate shit is just as believable.

Metroid is the only thing I'm looking forward to, just because those guys and Retro do seem to have some sort of relationship

Matt says he's "heard good things" about Metroid Prime 3, but sometimes tells me he's actually seen the game recently, and he's just trying to act like he hasn't. Or is that just me?

Farmboy

Alkaliine said:
Matt says he's "heard good things" about Metroid Prime 3, but sometimes tells me he's actually seen the game recently, and he's just trying to act like he hasn't. Or is that just me?

Yeah that sounds like Matt.

Soule

Personally I'd prefer Naruto over Soul Calibur. SC2 and even moreso, SC3 just didn't impress me nearly as much as the original, although a change in genre just might be what I need, I guess I'm just not into the characters as much as I used to be.

Happy they put together a more informative and somewhat amusing podcast compared to last week.

1-D_FTW

How could Mario & Sonic NOT be online.

It remains to be seen whether it'll be head-to-head online, but it's an Olympic game. At the very least they'll have daily leaderboards for each event and send out Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals every day via WiiConnect 24. Right? You gotta have that.

ethelred

1-D_FTW said:
How could Mario & Sonic NOT be online.

Well, for starters, it's on the Wii...

1-D_FTW said:
At the very least they'll have daily leaderboards for each event and send out Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals every day via WiiConnect 24. Right? You gotta have that.

Yeeeeaaaahhh...

Please let it be Naruto! And please let it be a free-roaming sandbox game set in the Naruto Universe! I don't want to play a boring uninspired Soul Calibur Adventure game, if you're going to give me a Soul Calibur game give me a fighting game.

Somnid said:
It probably is Soul Calibur, Matt said it would be obvious for anyone with a brain.

[edit] Bozon also joked about Mortal Kombat which rules that one out too.

MAN I WOULD ****ING LOVE AN ACTION ADVENTURE BLOODY ROAR I WOULD IMPORT FROM JAPAN WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT I LIVE IN HOPE OF BLOODY ROAR 4, hopefully it is just not soul calibur that is going this route, it has to be it because what other fighting game was successful on gamecube?

Saying mortal kombat as well i suppose shows that they might be going that way as well maybe eighting or whoever they hand the title to over at hudson would also go this route for bloody roar.

If you look at the last few mortal kombat games they have added much more than just a 2player beat em up.

felipeko said:
Bandai Namco did a pool about Wii and Soul Calibur few time ago, didn' they?!

I want to swim in the Soul Calibur pool. Especially if there's going to be an adventure instead of a fight.

Alkaliine said:

I am thinking the same thing, the one thing I have noticed over the years abiut Matt, is he doesn't leak a lot of info just hints about it, Which is why he has a great relationship with Nintendo and has probably played the damn game already

Matt

Hydro_Alexis said:
MAN I WOULD ****ING LOVE AN ACTION ADVENTURE BLOODY ROAR I WOULD IMPORT FROM JAPAN WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT I LIVE IN HOPE OF BLOODY ROAR 4
...hu?

There is a Bloody Roar 4.

Top Bottom