• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-k in Review 5/4

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What if it's SSB? Then we could have something like Nintendo Hearts, cept better.

Krowley

Oblivion said:
What if it's SSB? Then we could have something like Nintendo Hearts, cept better.

Now that would be awesome... I didn't actually listen to the podcast since it's all summarized here, but i wonder if they specificly said 3rd party.

That would be even more awesome than a soul calibur adventure game. I would orgasm continually in anticipation of the release of a smash brothers adventure game.

1-D_FTW

I listened to the podcast and I thought it was pretty blatant they were talking about Soul Calibur. That did everything but say, "Soul Calibur, wink-wink."

Krowley

1-D_FTW said:
I listened to the podcast and I thought it was pretty blatant they were talking about Soul Calibur. That did everything but say, "Soul Calibur, wink-wink."

Well if they're talking specificly about a fighting game that sold especially well for a GC title, soul calibur will be the obvious answer. There was a lot of discussion back then about it selling so great on the cube. Everybody was talking about it.

Soul calibur games don't exactly have the best storyline, but the fighting system seems like it would adapt to an action adventure game brilliantly with a few tweaks.

ivysaur12

Banned
Krowley said:
Well if they're talking specificly about a fighting game that sold especially well for a GC title, soul calibur will be the obvious answer. There was a lot of discussion back then about it selling so great on the cube. Everybody was talking about it.

Soul calibur games don't exactly have the best storyline, but the fighting system seems like it would adapt to an action adventure game brilliantly with a few tweaks.

They tried that with Tales of Legendia. Never again.

Krowley

ivysaur12 said:
They tried that with Tales of Legendia. Never again.

I'll have to look into that since i don't understand the reference... Does legendia have a fighting system like Soul Calibur? Symphonia was very different and i'm pretty sure tales team is totally different than the guys that make SC.

ivysaur12

Banned
Krowley said:
I'll have to look into that since i don't understand the reference... Does legendia have a fighting system like Soul Calibur? Symphonia was very different and i'm pretty sure tales team is totally different than the guys that make SC.

Legendia's fighting system was developed by the Soul Calibur team.

Krowley

ivysaur12 said:
Legendia's fighting system was developed by the Soul Calibur team.

Ahh.. That's pretty cool *heads over to youtube*

edit// Ok, i checked it... Great animations, but it's still 2d style combat like other tales games. I'm not sure if that really applies to the potential of a 3d NG or DMC style action game with the SC guys making the fighting system.

Isn't Ubisoft making a Naruto adventure game for 360
and ubisoft's been backing wii alot too
so they'l probably make it multi-platform

Innotech

Banned
sounds interesting. I think Samba De Amigo is probably the most likely game to come out. Also BWii online co-op sounds ****ing awesome.

fernoca

banKai said:
seems like I'm the only one who really enjoyed mk shaolin monks? both the adventure and vs mode? :(

Well, aside from me..and like 2 more people in this forums...
Don't expect a lot of MK love (or even pity) around here... :lol

ziran

I'd say Soul Calibur, from what Matt said.

Metroid Prime 3 info later this month would be great, and could mean a release as early as July, which would be awesome! :D Whatever happens, it's one of my most anticipated games, and I can't wait to play it.

Thier HQ is in San Francisco and it's only 2pm in the west coast right now. What time do they usually anno9unce new stuff? The rash of news could happen anytime now.

chibcicylist said:
Thier HQ is in San Francisco and it's only 2pm in the west coast right now. What time do they usually anno9unce new stuff? The rash of news could happen anytime now.
where's the hype train? I want to ride it

even if it is sega :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
chibcicylist said:
Well, this sucks. Whoever said that there will be some sort of Sega event today, we need to kill him.

Didn't Matt say this? I mean I can understand not seeing eye to eye with a guy, but I would at least like think that he can keep track with what day he should be at an event...

(prove me wrong, Matt)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Guys, its only 5:30 on the West Coast...relax

Just out of curiosity, why would they even ****ing MENTION this cryptic adventure game if it was Naruto? Bozon and Matt wouldn't give enough of a shit about that to find it worth relating. The way they've hyped it up it's impossible to NOT be Soul Calibur. They literally ruled out everything except impossibly stupid answers.

User Tron

Soul Calibur Legends in Arbeit

09.05.07 - Bandai Namco gibt in der Famitsu die Entwicklung des Action/Adventures Soul Calibur Legends bekannt. Darin kämpft man mit der Wii-Fernbedienung gegen verschiedene Charaktere aus der Prügelspielreihe. Release: TBA (Japan)

Source: Gamefront.de

My translation:

Soul Calibur Legends in the works

Bandai Namco announces the development of the action/adventure Soul Calibur Legends in Famitsu. Using the Wiimote you fight several characters from the fighting series.

Aristotlekh said:
Just out of curiosity, why would they even ****ing MENTION this cryptic adventure game if it was Naruto? Bozon and Matt wouldn't give enough of a shit about that to find it worth relating. The way they've hyped it up it's impossible to NOT be Soul Calibur. They literally ruled out everything except impossibly stupid answers.

Whe it comes to Nintendo related news it's best to be as pessimistic as possible before the announcement.

schuelma

Did anyone actually ever confirm that the SEGA event was Tuesday? Because in their Sims DS impressions, IGN made it seem like today's EA event was the first one..

Bo130

schuelma said:
Did anyone actually ever confirm that the SEGA event was Tuesday? Because in their Sims DS version, IGN made it seem like today's EA event was the first one..

- Three events next week with Wii stuff starting Tuesday:
Sega (Matt says this will be the biggest and he expects new stuff to shown, no embargo, Bozon mentions something about Samba De Amigo and NiGHTS), EA, and Ubisoft.

Actually you're right. I just assumed, since he mentioned SEGA as the first of the three. So we now have

Sega - ??
Ubisoft - ??
New DS IP revealed - ?? (I might have missed this - anyone)
Square-Enix - the weekend.

schuelma

Bo130 said:
Actually you're right. I just assumed, since he mentioned SEGA as the first of the three. So we now have

Sega - ??
Ubisoft - ??
New DS IP revealed - ?? (I might have missed this - anyone)
Square-Enix - the weekend.

Maybe the Ubisoft event was Tuesday (I know they said that was going to be embargoed)

So basically, between now and the end of next week is wii's mini E3. Seems a lot of games have been revealed in April, May.....perhaps in place of the dead show?

I can't wait for online co-op.

Top Bottom