• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Watch_Dogs canceled? GS Italy says so; Ubisoft no comment; back on gamestop.it

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe all the current gen versuon are not meeting a good standard and ubisoft are doung only next gen watchdogs, cacelling wii u, ps3 and 360.

I'm gonna say that's unlikely.

More likely is that they are working hard to bring the game up to their desired level of quality and don't think it's worth spending any more money on the Wii U version when they probably won't make their money back.

Delay Rayman Wii U to make versions for other systems, delay Watch_Dogs to make other versions better and abandon Wii U version.

I bought all Ubisofts games on Wii U, too.

slit

If Nintendo could just nail down some homegrown western talent for their portfolio it wouldn't be such a big deal and might even encourage 3rd parties to release more titles for their console. I don't know why this is so hard for them. They started to go down that road during the N64 and early GC years and then just stopped.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying it isn't cancelled (it probably is...), but is there a reason why only Gamestop Italy would be aware of the cancellation right now, as other retailers are still taking preorders for the WiiU version?

I'm not saying it isn't cancelled (it probably is...), but is there a reason why only Gamestop Italy would be aware of the cancellation right now, as other retailers are still taking preorders for the WiiU version?

Maybe it's not cancelled, but Gamestop just isn't going to bother stocking it (not a good sign either way).

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's not cancelled, but Gamestop just isn't going to bother stocking it (not a good sign either way).

Oh, that would be very possible. Even for Splinter Cell, I had a lot of trouble finding the retail WiiU version; almost only Gamestop was carrying it around here.

Foshy

Jeez, this is bad news...

Oh well. The game is probably gonna be mediocre anyway.
I feel that I will hear this a lot.

Before: "pff who needs GTA when we have Watch Dogs? Much better anyway"

After: "oh well Watch Dogs was gonna be shit all along, we have lego city"

Not talking about you or even people on this forum in particular, but there's a few peeps outside here that I know who would react EXACTLY like that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Assuming this is all true, other retailers may be aware. Maybe Italy just don't care and is jumping the gun with the cancellations before some kind of announcement from Ubisoft.

Sucks if its true. Watch Dogs is one of the few upcoming games on the system that could make some cool use of the gamepad. I have a decent PC but I was looking forward to the Wii U version.

Marc

Poor Wii U, just wants a visit every so often. :(

yiimepvlj8.jpg

B.O.O.M

Don't know, Watch Dogs seems like the bigger project (while AC has a huge staff too), so let's say it's in that range, plus, minus. :p

Yes, that's true, there's a reason for the delay in the end.

Going by the other reports, it seems that it's cancelled. :/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98245700&postcount=159

IF that's the case then that really sucks for anyone who looked forward to this. Setting all the reasoning aside that's a sucky thing to happen to a gamer

I would know..I love my vita lol

Even if it's cancelled the game will still be released on 5 different platforms which is huge. Probably smart for Ubi to cut their losses now with the WiI U version

Delay Rayman Wii U to make versions for other systems, delay Watch_Dogs to make other versions better and abandon Wii U version.

I bought all Ubisofts games on Wii U, too.

You are the 1%.

Bad news, doom thread bahh!

Wii U is my main system now but I have PS3 and 3DS, Still I want just to play on the Wii U. Yes, news like this are bad, but even with this news, I have so much games to play. When you don´t have too much time to play and do not buy everything when released, you have a big library to pick games from, yes even on Wii U, lol. No reason to panic yet, I will still use Wii U as my main system, if I don´t have any more games to play or something really cool captures my attention, I will buy a PC or PS4.

Still curious how is Nintendo going to plan ahead, I hope they are more aggressive, at least have the system healthy, but for now, just the hardcore and gamers that have so much time to play are affected by this.

The_Lump

Banned
Unfortunately, there aren't enough Wii U owners for then to justify this. Its a sad reality.

There are enough owners. Just not enough owners that will actually buy it.

However:

I'm not 100% buying this rumour yet though. Dubious source and seems too close to launch to can it completely. Right? Right :/

Foshy

There are enough owners. Just not enough owners that will actually buy it.

However:

I'm not 100% buying this rumour yet though. Dubious source and seems too close to launch to can it completely. Right? Right :/
Launch could still be 4-5 months away for all we know.

If this means the game is cancelled, then I'm not surprised. I pretty much expected this was going to happen.

I just wonder if it means that Ubisoft is going to drop all support. If that's the case then that's really bad news for Nintendo and I can see other third parties following suit.

-Horizon-

The bad news for Wii U just keeps piling on. Its running almost entirely on the occasional 1st party game now if true. Nintendo will have already made and released every first party game they have planned for a usual console life cycle in these first years alone (Smash, Kart, 3D Mario etc). Looks like that one thread talking about this came true.

2015 is now unclear with a console with little support.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This thing is toast, sadly. I'll bet it's off shelves entirely in 2 years.

Bad news, doom thread bahh!

Wii U is my main system now but I have PS3 and 3DS, Still I want just to play on the Wii U. Yes, news like this are bad, but even with this news, I have so much games to play. When you don´t have too much time to play and do not buy everything when released, you have a big library to pick games from, yes even on Wii U, lol. No reason to panic yet, I will still use Wii U as my main system, if I don´t have any more games to play or something really cool captures my attention, I will buy a PC or PS4.

Still curious how is Nintendo going to plan ahead, I hope they are more aggressive, at least have the system healthy, but for now, just the hardcore and gamers that have so much time to play are affected by this.
I'm sorry, but what does the bolded have to do with anything? Like yeah, you like your Wii U, that's great and shit but it's not going to change anything and it's not even relevant.

Jacobi

Banned
Eh, I was on an Ubi career meeting today and they actually included both WiiU and Watch Dogs in their presentation. Lots of rabbids too... So I wouldn't give up hope.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Eh, I was on an Ubi career meeting today and they actually included both WiiU and Watch Dogs in their presentation. Lots of rabbids too... So I wouldn't give up hope.
There is still hope, hope that the presentation is dated Q3 2013. :p

Not surprising in the least. And a sub par version of Watch Dogs with a map on the Gamepad wouldn't have done shit anyway. I'm just hoping for a handful or so more quality games from Nintendo on Wii U. Their next console is a fresh start.

Phamit

you can still buy Watchdogs Wii u version on the Uplay store and everywhere else, except for Gamestop italy of course.

Wouldnt read too much into it

If Ubisoft pulls support as well, oh boy.

Nintendo has to find a way to sell the idea that their next home system is going to be a viable platform for both, publishers/developers and gamers. Looking at the current situation, that's going to be one uphill battle.

btkadams

this is really surprising to me. it's hard to believe nintendo would let this happen, IF the game is actually cancelled.

Raysoul

It doesn't matter if you like the game or not. When the biggest 3rd party supporter is cancelling one of their major games, you know that there is something wrong.

I love my Wii U, but this is disheartening if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom