• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

aka_bueno

I've done the Dominion tutorial > Crimson Isle starting zone 1-10 leveling so many times that I can get to level 10 in like an 1.5 hours. I might have to take the alternate starting zone (Leviathan Bay) for launch just to change it up heh. After level 10 is where the leveling slows down a bit, takes me almost as much time to get from 10-13 as it did 1-10 I think.

I've done the Dominion tutorial > Crimson Isle starting zone 1-10 leveling so many times that I can get to level 10 in like an 1.5 hours. I might have to take the alternate starting zone (Leviathan Bay) for launch just to change it up heh. After level 10 is where the leveling slows down a bit, takes me almost as much time to get from 10-13 as it did 1-10 I think.

Have you played both starting and 2nd Dominion zones? For someone who has not played them, which would you say are better looking or more fun?

ok so it turns out my preorder code gives me headstart acess and 3 days after launch to activate my full game code so i will be joining you all for early adventures on nexus. also any word on a exile guild? can't stand any other race besides granok.

docbon

Okay.

Pretty dope of you to have wildstar and gw2 share the same mumble btw. Now I can effortlessly swap between rooms and tell Retro and Kos how much better this game is.

Ferny

Okay.

Pretty dope of you to have wildstar and gw2 share the same mumble btw. Now I can effortlessly swap between rooms and tell Retro and Kos how much better this game is.

Yeah, I figured might as well let the community we built up be shared among WS and perhaps other MMOs to come.

Let me know how that battle with Retro goes lol

Okay.

A few have already expressed interest in WildStar, so we may get a few GW2 players in the guild. We must convert the non-believers.

Edit: Saw on twitter there will be a launch cinematic. If it matches up to the quality that Blizzard puts out, then this will be amazing.

docbon

You have successfully activated your WildStar subscription.

Your subscription is set to: 1 Month
Your next payment date is scheduled for: Jul 3, 2014

Does this mean I don't get a free first month?

huh? it says July 3rd, not June 3rd.

docbon

bees?

8yoAnZS.gif

Einbroch

Banned
OT up tomorrow evening guys. It's almost head start time! Thank goodness, too, because I'm blowing money on stupid shit just because I'm bored.

Crackbone

OT up tomorrow evening guys. It's almost head start time! Thank goodness, too, because I'm blowing money on stupid shit just because I'm bored.

LOL. I'm guilty of the same thing. Blowing money on stupid shit.

I'm still 50/50 on what I'm going to roll. Medic? Spellspinger? Dunno. :/

ValfarHL

LOL. I'm guilty of the same thing. Blowing money on stupid shit.

I'm still 50/50 on what I'm going to roll. Medic? Spellspinger? Dunno. :/

For 50 dollars I can be a stupid shit, and will tell you what to roll. :D

I was fairly sure on doing a Stalker main and Spellslinger alt.
Then they nerfed Stalker, and I have no idea anymore...

Warrior was supposedly not a very good tank in beta. Anyone know if they got changed for the better in the big patch?

Decisions, decisions.

Arken2121

Anyone know of a more up-to-date ability/amp calculator besides WS-base? I'd love to be able to theory craft one that's updated a little more frequently.

Arcanine55

Neo Member
I have a lot of hype for this game, but I just have to wait another long month (university stuff) for it.

Do you guys expect a "free demo" like the one that is in WoW that allows you to play up to level 20 or so? I couldn't play it in the beta and in this type of games I like to know which class should I take before buying the game (I don't really like wasting time and money of the monthly subscription)

Ravijn

I have a lot of hype for this game, but I just have to wait another long month (university stuff) for it.

Do you guys expect a "free demo" like the one that is in WoW that allows you to play up to level 20 or so? I couldn't play it in the beta and in this type of games I like to know which class should I take before buying the game (I don't really like wasting time and money of the monthly subscription)

I can give you one of my free guest passes once the game launches so you can try it out. Once I get them that is.

For 50 dollars I can be a stupid shit, and will tell you what to roll. :D

I was fairly sure on doing a Stalker main and Spellslinger alt.
Then they nerfed Stalker, and I have no idea anymore...

Warrior was supposedly not a very good tank in beta. Anyone know if they got changed for the better in the big patch?

Decisions, decisions.

I wouldn't worry about Stalker being nerfed. They are still fine, and balance is always changing. By the time you hit max level there will probably be another patch and this time Warrior or Engineer may be nerfed.

Xiaoki

I wouldn't worry about Stalker being nerfed. They are still fine, and balance is always changing. By the time you hit max level there will probably be another patch and this time Warrior or Engineer may be nerfed.

Warrior doesnt need to be nerfed.
The change to Warrior threat was completely necessary and will allow Warriors to focus on Support abilities rather than being forced to take Assault abilities to maintain some kind of basic aggro.
However, even though a couple days of Ops beta testing isnt quite sufficient to see how well Warrior tanks can be when they can go full Support I highly doubt they will be so overpowered they need a nerf within the first 2 to 4 weeks.

Engineers were only overpowered when it came to threat and that was because of an AMP that was already nerfed.
Really the only nerf Engineers may receive now is a fix to the Volatility Rising internal cooldown bug. It is hugely beneficial to Engineers but its really only used for spamming Particle Ejector.
Engineers have far more urgent bugs that need to be fixed first.

Warrior doesnt need to be nerfed.
The change to Warrior threat was completely necessary and will allow Warriors to focus on Support abilities rather than being forced to take Assault abilities to maintain some kind of basic aggro.
However, even though a couple days of Ops beta testing isnt quite sufficient to see how well Warrior tanks can be when they can go full Support I highly doubt they will be so overpowered they need a nerf within the first 2 to 4 weeks.

Engineers were only overpowered when it came to threat and that was because of an AMP that was already nerfed.
Really the only nerf Engineers may receive now is a fix to the Volatility Rising internal cooldown bug. It is hugely beneficial to Engineers but its really only used for spamming Particle Ejector.
Engineers have far more urgent bugs that need to be fixed first.

Oh i wasn't saying the classes needed to be nerfed, that was poor wording by me. I was trying to say that balance is always changing and after a month and a patch we have no idea how classes will stack up, so choosing a class based on current power level is pointless.

Yoday

So I'm guessing Ops week is over with?
It lasts up until headstart. We could potentially have the servers randomly pop up at any time up until the servers go live for full release. Though I have to imagine they are going to take at least a day or two to get everything wiped and ready for launch.

Einbroch

Banned
Any last minute suggestions for the OT title?

I'm agreeing with a few people here and leaning towards "Wildstar |OT| The Biggest MMO since the Big Bang".

Tendo

Hey Tharpdaddy, or anyone really, what server is our PVE guild rolling on? Going to be ready to start leveling my tank as soon as the servers open up!

Somnia

Hey Tharpdaddy, or anyone really, what server is our PVE guild rolling on? Going to be ready to start leveling my tank as soon as the servers open up!

We won't have realm names till 24-72 hours prior to launch. They want to hold onto the list as late as possible as they are seeing a high increase in reserves so they want to make sure they have the right amount of servers day 1

Tendo

We won't have realm names till 24-72 hours prior to launch. They want to hold onto the list as late as possible as they are seeing a high increase in reserves so they want to make sure they have the right amount of servers day 1

Wow. Some forethought. I still remember the awful launch of ffxiv last year.

Ferny

They've been doing something that not many MMOs do too often and pretty much letting you play right till the headstart. So I see the launch going pretty well for them if this allows them to see potential fixes that need to be applied.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Anyone using Xpadder with this? I felt like I had a pretty good set up with something akin to FFXIV (Left and Right Trigger Holds bring up different ability sets) with the default being environment interaction, but I'll be dog gone if Xpadder doesn't want to KEEP swapping what holding down LT/RT does. I guess that is more an Xpadder question than anything else,. but curious if anyone has had much success with the program and WS.

Retro

Anyone using Xpadder with this? I felt like I had a pretty good set up with something akin to FFXIV (Left and Right Trigger Holds bring up different ability sets) with the default being environment interaction, but I'll be dog gone if Xpadder doesn't want to KEEP swapping what holding down LT/RT does. I guess that is more an Xpadder question than anything else,. but curious if anyone has had much success with the program and WS.

You might have better luck asking in the OT, I think most of the game's population has moved there: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825694

Ketch

I know I asked already, but that was before they were out, does anybody have a guest pass they'd be willing to send my way?

Wark

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how long does it take to get the 7-day guest passes? I purchased the deluxe edition last night and wanted my girlfriend to start playing with me, but I never received an e-mail with the passes.

Holy crap, Trigger Fingers just dropped for me while running my dailies. I can either sell it for 16 platinum, or use it on myself. I don't know which to do...

Holy crap, Trigger Fingers just dropped for me while running my dailies. I can either sell it for 16 platinum, or use it on myself. I don't know which to do...

I'd honestly use it. They're going to adjust the drop rate and I think that 16 play won't be a big deal after some ultra drops.

E: oh wtf not the OT

Top Bottom