• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

Dunlop

Please! No more tutorials! I'll be good!!

FYI if you are used to mouse button binds, this whole time I did not think it was possible in Wildstar...but it turns out it is only for Button1 and Button2 for some bizarre reason
i.e ALT + Button3 is valid

This new found knowledge has put me back on team Medic lol, I bound all my abilites to buttons (with key combos) and it made the class so much better for me

Nirran

Servers are down for an hour while they do some maintenance. Still unsure on what healer I want to roll on headstart. Got a medic to 12 so far and spellslinger to 10. So far I haven't gotten to heal with either but soloing seems dull on medic compared to spellslinger. Maybe medic gets better later on but I seem to always run of abilities on harder fights early on.

Ravijn

Please! No more tutorials! I'll be good!!

FYI if you are used to mouse button binds, this whole time I did not think it was possible in Wildstar...but it turns out it is only for Button1 and Button2 for some bizarre reason
i.e ALT + Button3 is valid

This new found knowledge has put me back on team Medic lol, I bound all my abilites to buttons (with key combos) and it made the class so much better for me

Thanks for the info!

aka_bueno

I have an odd issue with the keybinds. I have mWheel up bound to ability 7 and mWheel down to ability 8.

I then tried to bound camera zoom in/out back onto the mouse wheel using "ALT" as a modifier. As far as I know, this has always worked flawlessly in other games but here in Wildstar when I try to use ALT+mWheel up/down, it does both actions. It'll do the "ALT+wheel" action as well as the regular non ALT action at the same time so I had to remove the ALT binds. Kinda defeats the purpose of having modifiers Wildstar, sigh...

Servers are down for an hour while they do some maintenance. Still unsure on what healer I want to roll on headstart. Got a medic to 12 so far and spellslinger to 10. So far I haven't gotten to heal with either but soloing seems dull on medic compared to spellslinger. Maybe medic gets better later on but I seem to always run of abilities on harder fights early on.

You really ought to give espers a go. At the moment in endgame goes they're incredibly stable healers, From what I've seen they have the easiest time sustaining/managing their focus during boss fights. Also, as far as healer spec goes they don't suffer nearly as much from the mobility issues people always bring up when talking about DPS espers. If you're interested in medics, they're pretty undertuned at the moment, the amount they heal is fine imo but they have significant problems with running out of focus in sustained fights. The better medics I've seen supplement their LAS with shield heals to make up for this, also they just got a buff to focus regen through one of their amps so maybe they're a bit better. My lvl50 medic friend tells me they start out boring then get more fun when you get better amps and tier 4 abilities(lvl25). Spellslinger healers are good, certainly better than medics atm, can't say much more cause I haven't seen a whole lot of them.

Couldn't resist:

z4MzOf5.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
OT is going to go up Monday. I know the headstart means that it can come up Saturday, but I'm out of town this weekend and will be back then.

Jag

Think someone asked about this, found the answer on the faq

Will we get any rewards for participating in Ops Week? (Boom-Boxes, Stress Test title, etc.)

No. Getting unexpected free game time is the reward for Ops Week participation. As close as we are to launch we need to minimize the things we need to do, not create more things we need to track and execute on. (You’ll also get the appreciation of everyone in/around Operations)

falastini

I just listened to an interview where they were asked if they would implement a "easy raid" system for casual players (etc. LFR in WoW) or a "token" system where anybody could unlock raid gear eventually. They pretty much said no to either, and I can appreciate that. When the new trend in MMOs is to give everybody epic loot, it's nice to see a dev take the opposite stance. I don't even know if I have the time anymore for structured 20/40 man raids. But that's fine. Endgame rewards should be an accomplishment, not a given.

They could end up changing their minds a few months after release for all I know but, as of right now, I'm glad they're taking this stance. In fact, I'm probably going to get the game now. As much as I wasn't impressed during my beta time, I feel should support somebody who's willing to go against the current trends I dislike in new MMOs. Also, Carbine seem like some cool dudes.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm just really hoping performance gets increased even more as we head into early access. I played a fair bit on my rig during open beta and it wasn't doing so well, and this is with a GTX770 i7 3770k.

Class-wise, I'm still struggling whether to go healer or tank. I love healing in this game, dubstep healing is just awesome, but I also really love tanking and the shortest queues in games is a huge bonus. One thing I fear though is being a tank I may be putting myself at a disadvantage due to the lovely 200ms ping Australia gets, so I may not enjoy the game as much.

lexi

Banned
I'm just really hoping performance gets increased even more as we head into early access. I played a fair bit on my rig during open beta and it wasn't doing so well, and this is with a GTX770 i7 3770k.

Try disabling HyperThreading and see if your performance improves. Pre the patch this week I was getting an extra 20fps from disabling HT, post-patch I get 22+ extra fps with HT disabled.

This is annoying as I'd prefer to leave HT on, disabling HT lowers performance in virtually (see what I did there?) everything else.

I just listened to an interview where they were asked if they would implement a "easy raid" system for casual players (etc. LFR in WoW) or a "token" system where anybody could unlock raid gear eventually. They pretty much said no to either, and I can appreciate that. When the new trend in MMOs is to give everybody epic loot, it's nice to see a dev take the opposite stance. I don't even know if I have the time anymore for structured 20/40 man raids. But that's fine. Endgame rewards should be an accomplishment, not a given.

They could end up changing their minds a few months after release for all I know but, as of right now, I'm glad they're taking this stance. In fact, I'm probably going to get the game now. As much as I wasn't impressed during my beta time, I feel should support somebody who's willing to go against the current trends I dislike in new MMOs. Also, Carbine seem like some cool dudes.

Didn't let those seeds of avarice be planted. Smart for a sub with other equal options at endgame, they're not always backed into a corner with a few customers demanding MOREMOREFASTERFASTERBETTERBETTER and just people just playing the fucking game.

Just activated my GMG key on my wildstar account. Assume the 30 days won't start until the game is actually released?

EDIT: Says next bill due June 3rd. Guessing this will just be free.

Ferny

Just activated my GMG key on my wildstar account. Assume the 30 days won't start until the game is actually released?

EDIT: Says next bill due June 3rd. Guessing this will just be free.
The subscription period starts after headstart and your first fee charge will be a month after June 3rd.

Is there a gaf guild spreadsheet somewhere? I keep seeing an NA PVE Dominion one posted with like 13 people. Surely there are more?
It's just the 14 of us so far, I imagine we'll get more after release when people are looking for the pve guild and didn't see the spreadsheet, and when we start recruiting.

Ferny

Yeah they did.

Edit: Well it depends which characters exactly. They did wipe some beta ones. Not sure how far back.

looks Ok, but I wasn't impressed with the graphics, and there doesn't seem to be anything new in Wildstar that you can't already do in other MMOs....

More excited for Everquest next.

Glad they put nexus up today. Now I can go and give my beta chua a more fitting goodbye. He shall be reborn as a cassian on launch, though I'll make a chua esper as my first alt.

Gonna miss you buddy :(. Time to go hoverboard off the highest points I can reach.

Glad they put nexus up today. Now I can go and give my beta chua a more fitting goodbye. He shall be reborn as a cassian on launch, though I'll make a chua esper as my first alt.

Gonna miss you buddy :(. Time to go hoverboard off the highest points I can reach.

Alt+Z to disable the interface and take gud screenshots.

Pat

Sad to see that Carbine wasn't able to fully optimize the game for ATI GPU. I still have lightning flickering so I'll have to play the game with DX9 instead of DX11.

aka_bueno

I still can't decide between Spellslinger and Warrior. I know i'll probably do first, but which to main!?

Leaning towards Warrior. Ranged seems to dominate the populace so far, need to balance it out. Warrior's multi-strike ability (I think it got renamed to rampage with latest patch?) also got a huge speed boost so that's pretty fun im finding. Plus that grapple ability is pretty sweet lol.

Dunlop

I have an odd issue with the keybinds. I have mWheel up bound to ability 7 and mWheel down to ability 8.

I then tried to bound camera zoom in/out back onto the mouse wheel using "ALT" as a modifier. As far as I know, this has always worked flawlessly in other games but here in Wildstar when I try to use ALT+mWheel up/down, it does both actions. It'll do the "ALT+wheel" action as well as the regular non ALT action at the same time so I had to remove the ALT binds. Kinda defeats the purpose of having modifiers Wildstar, sigh...

Same deal for me, I think it is related to the "hold to cast" as binding anything to the wheel seems funky. I for the life of my cannot figure out how to turn hold to cast off. I remember it being an option in the old UI

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/WildStar/220129-keybindfreedom

this addon will remove the off restriction from binding the left and right mouse button

Top Bottom