• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap OT | What is The Secret of Your Power?

Piccoro

I wonder if it'll drop at the usual update time (11pm the night before it releases in Aus) or if i'll have to wait till the day after. Not getting my hopes up but it'd be nice if it was the former. Guess it might pop up tonight afterall then if that's when the pre-load has it for.

Usually on PS4 the preorder version unlocks exactly when the clock hits midnight (so a little earlier on Australia) and the regular store version is available a little afterwards during the day.

deadstar72

Neo Member
So pumped! The next 4 and 1/2 hours waiting for this to unlock are gonna be hell haha. Got it on ps4, but thinking about double dipping and grabbing on xb1 as well

Tsunamo

Usually on PS4 the preorder version unlocks exactly when the clock hits midnight (so a little earlier on Australia) and the regular store version is available a little afterwards during the day.
I should have said that I was talking about the Switch version. I didn't know pre-loads unlock a couple of hours earlier than the store updates on PSN, that's pretty neat.

zokie

Switch version for me

unconfirmed info , i hope this game should be up for purchase and download in 4hrs 30mins on the japanese switch eshop

this game is at 2,200yen or USD19.38

will update if the game is up for download at the japanese eshop

ggx2ac

I want this one XB1 but it's not showing up on the store at all. :(

*Checks profile*

Funny you say that.

FAQ:

The game will be available in Japan for Switch and PS4.

The game will be available in Australia and New Zealand for Switch and PS4 (unfortunately we ran into rating issues for the XB1 version are looking if we can solve it but it may take a while).

The game is a digital download only. We have no immediate plan for a physical release. We are investigating the possibility but if it ever happens it would be later and in limited quantity. Please bear we us that physical goods may not be at our reach and few studios at this point know how to manufacture Switch games.

http://www.thedragonstrap.com/blog/post/201704_DevDiary3/

liquidtmd

Banned

mx0hu1.gif

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Hope the switch version is decent and looks good in docked mode. Got a feeling the psn version will be the way to go though.

It looks incredible; I love the art style. The gameplay on the other hand... I'm not sure. It seems like a bit of a snoozefest. I may still go in for the Switch version and hope I warm up to it.

It looks incredible; I love the art style. The gameplay on the other hand... I'm not sure. It seems like a bit of a snoozefest. I may still go in for the Switch version and hope I warm up to it.
If you've never played it before, then there are are some real surprises in the way the game is structured.

I say that as somebody who had never heard of this game before playing this version.

maxcriden

Devs said it's the same version across all platforms.

Wut?

The Switch can't handle a 2D game now? Lel

I don't think people know how many modern 2D games Wii U was able to run. I'm under the impression most modern 2D indies would have run on that platform. And that pretty much any modern game, especially a 2D platformer, if optimized properly can run on the Switch. That footage above looks great.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow - checked it out because of the 8-4 Play talk about it....this looks so much better than expected.
Will look great on the Switch screen.

ggx2ac

How comes this is £17.99 on Switch yet £15.99 everywhere else?

I'm trying to remember, it was something like. The prices were already established on the other versions and when the Switch version was announced that was newer and had its price affected by the weakening Pound considering Brexit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The My Life in Gaming stream played TG16 Dragon's Curse last night which really put me in the mood for this. I really can't wait.

BTW I knew the OP would screw up the thread title after the history thread. ;)

Can't wait to pick this up on Switch! It looks and sounds beautiful so far and I'm just about done with the other games I've been working through.

Anyone have an idea when reviews will drop?

@MUWANdo

Banned
How comes this is £17.99 on Switch yet £15.99 everywhere else?

They probably set the price in Euros and let Nintendo handle the conversion to other currencies, which can work for or against people in different territories--the Australian version ended up being a little cheaper, for example.

If that's the case, it's something they can and should manually adjust at some point.

Switch version day one

Honestly, between this, Zelda, VOEZ, Mario kart 8 in a few days, and Graceful Explosion Machine, switch is quickly taking all my time, both home and outside, I play XOne only for Overwatch and Ps4 only for Berseria and FFXV now...

I'm heading to the airport in about 26 hours, hope I can download this on the Switch before leaving.

Would be great to play some Wonderboy on my trip as I probably want to save the Zelda end-game for TV play (might still farm some gear upgrade components on the plane).

Top Bottom