• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

painey

i

Anth0ny

If the WWE wants to pretend like Cena and Roman are heels because of fan reactions to their dogshit booking then Braun is a face. They even booked him as a face during the ambulance thing but they were too stupid to realise it.

They even did overly dramatic black and white video recap of brauns heinous act. Fan reactions were muted.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If the fans chant "shave your back" at that hairy hoss in NXT then surely they can chant " shave your head" at Borin' Corbin.

Yea I mean I thought that was a scripted double turn but apparently not? I love Braun too, I just think WWE still thinks he's a heel

Okay, for the sake of the argument switch Braun for Breezedango.

I think it's way harder to book and perform as a face. However, putting the Uso's switching to IWC snark is pretty disingenuous. They were in the company for years and did nothing entertaining.

nakamura needs aj to wrestle soon because i worry he's just gonna be having meh matches all around because he knows he doesn't need to put effort in to have people loving him

Okay, for the sake of the argument switch Braun for Breezedango.

I think it's way harder to book and perform as a face. However, putting the Uso's switching to IWC snark is pretty disingenuous. They were in the company for years and did nothing entertaining.

Oh not arguing at all, heels are typically more entertaining than faces. Some work well like AJ, Jericho, Becky or Nakamura. Some don't. I think playing a good guy that's not generic is very hard

That match. And then they end it with a DQ. lol

People on Reddit saying "Nakamura just can't work with big guys"

Yeah, it's not like Corbin is bad or anything.

Brinbe

What the fuck kinda finish is that? Fuck this company
Waste of my goddamn time. Not even a boma ye
Gonna leave after aj/owens

With the increase of PPV events we really are getting the Raw/SD non endings like DQ and count out appearing more and more at these so called special events, it's really not good.

Terrible ending. The match had no pacing, very bad story telling, it was just nothing match. Corbin is absolutely terrible. Has 0 charisma, his moves are dull and still he is getting this stupid push. And this horrible feud will continue.

hahahahahahahahah what a shit match

They had to finish it this way because they want to book Corbin strong and WWE still has a problem with smaller guys defeating big guys who are getting a push

Dthomp

Nice to see WWE still loves it's non finishes at PPVs. I resubbed this afternoon after not having since right after Mania....this has not been great thus far (I missed 1/2 the Tag match so not sure there)

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I liked that striking exchange. JBL constantly reminds us of Baron's golden gloves win but we never see him show any boxing stuff. It was some good character building...

..and there's the fuck finish.

Nakamura honestly is probably way happier now. He's making more money to do way less. G1 would be a killer on him physically. Instead he can go out and do the bare minimum and collect his check. Part of me thinks he should do more, but then again he's over in most cities doing not much so more power to him I guess.

Plus he's recruiting people to the company so obviously he likes it there to a decent degree at least.

thegianttoad

Neo Member
Look at all the "heat" Baron is getting. Lol. Accepting the 3 month free sub after being mostly out for the last year was a mistake.

Nak should have been booked like Brock in regards to him having rare appearances because he can't do much on weekly show, but if he could have a mystique built around him he'd be money.

Brock would never be booked like that.

Also I don't think Nak would do much for NJPW right now. Their roster is stacked at it is.

Top Bottom