• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
VXAozpx.gif

How did this chode ever get to be the top guy in the company. The mind just boggles.

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
Please both give a shit for this match.

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
I will probably cry if Seth wears the white gear. I will cry for less happier reasons if Demon Finn has that headdress on.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
Best feud heading into the show. Will probably go fourth last which is terrible. Ziggler and Ambrose have worked a surprisingly great feud. So long as Ziggler doesn't finish his transformation into Shawn Michaels, it will be all good.

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte
Sasha will probably break her neck with a botched suicide dive, but she'll win. I'm expecting Nia Jax to attack her afterwards to set up their feud which will be an improvement over my fears she and Charlotte hug and cry while Triple H comes out to put himself them over.

WWE US CHAMPIONSHIP
Rusev (c) vs Roman Reigns
Rusev will crush Roman. Probably with Lana interference. This is the one match where I feel I'm definitely going to be wrong.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH
The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews
Just...please have Miz win. Apollo is so boring, I can't take him as a champ just yet.

WWE Tag Team Champions
The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson
The New Day can survive without the belts but Gallows & Anderson badly need a win and the titles to stop looking like chumps.

Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
I have a fear the babyfaces will win but I just dislike Enzo & Cass so much when it comes to being in the ring that I want Jericho & Owens to win.

John Cena vs. AJ Styles
Styles win so Cena can take Backlash off to film his show while Styles feuds with Ambrose for the title.

Becky Lynch, Naomi and Carmella vs Natalya and Alexa Bliss
I can see the heels winning, even with the numbers disadvantage (hopefully through cheating because odds are the next story for all these women is to build up the Smackdown women's title belt). I want to dream they get Nikki Bella to replace Eva Marie but I dunno.

-Brock isn't losing a normal match until he takes on Reigns again.

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
-They aren't burying the demon.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
-Ziggler as champ? lol

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte
-Clean as a whistle. Agree with the person I copy+pasted this format from that the betrayal of Bayley is coming.

WWE US CHAMPIONSHIP
Rusev (c) vs Roman Reigns
-By DQ or some other screwy finish.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH
The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews
-Feels like there has to be a few title changes on the show and this seems like a Vince choice.

WWE Tag Team Champions
The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson
-It is time for the straps to come off The New Day.

Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
- Wouldn't be surprised if this is the beginning of the Enzo and Cass breakup.

John Cena vs. AJ Styles
-The push to the Phenom vs The Phenomenal One begins here.

Please both give a shit for this match.

Oh, psst. We all know that with Brock, at least, he's not going to give a shit. It's going to be his standard: Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, walk around ring to find...keys? Money? What are you looking for Brock?, Suplex, F-5, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, walk around confused in a daze, Suplex, F-5, maybe get knocked down and rest for a few minutes, Suplex, Suplex, eh....whatever.

Sheroking

Oh, psst. We all know that with Brock, at least, he's not going to give a shit. It's going to be his standard: Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, walk around ring to find...keys? Money? What are you looking for Brock?, Suplex, F-5, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, walk around confused in a daze, Suplex, F-5, maybe get knocked down and rest for a few minutes, Suplex, Suplex, eh....whatever.

I mean... that's almost certainly what they're telling him to do, though.

If you tell an employee to stand there and stare into space, and he does it, is he lazy or a diligent employee?

Cagey

Banned
How did this chode ever get to be the top guy in the company. The mind just boggles.
If you think that's bad... Daniel Bryan is Hulk Hogan crossed with Bret Hart with a dash of Macho Man compared to the current WWE champion.

And it will be awesome.

If you tell an employee to stand there and stare into space, and he does it, is he lazy or a diligent employee?
Given what Ambrose said about their 'Mania match, Brock being lackluster in a match is unlikely to be a WWE call, especially with a high profile one with a returning star.

Tall4Life

Considering it was Brock that didn't want to do anything too out of the ordinary for the Mania match against Ambrose, I'm really starting to doubt whether it's really just Brock using his power instead of management telling him to just do suplex city.

sora87

Cena gonna do the right thing and take that clean pin, he's a good guy, he knows it's what's best for business.

Yeah, I just have a hard time buying that management is telling ol' Brock to go out there and have these boring ass matches, but maybe they are.

That match wasn't terrible.

In my defense, I didn't watch Raw last week as I had a personal berevement, so I didn't know how good it was. I wasn't so thrown over by the first one a few weeks back, though.

Cena's been on a losing streak for the past three Summerslams though. Don't count Big Match John out yet.

Past three? Try past five. His last SummerSlam win was 2010 in the 7-on-7 against Nexus when Daniel Bryan returned. Since then, every SummerSlam match he's been in has been for the WWE title (until this year) --- and he's lost every one of them.

Tall4Life

In my defense, I didn't watch Raw last week as I had a personal berevement, so I didn't know how good it was. I wasn't so thrown over by the first one a few weeks back, though.

Past three? Try past five. His last SummerSlam win was 2010 in the 7-on-7 against Nexus when Daniel Bryan returned. Since then, every SummerSlam match he's been in has been for the WWE title (until this year) --- and he's lost every one of them.

Huh, for whatever reason, I thought he was against Lesnar also in 2012. You're right, John's odds are even more stacked against him!

Huh, for whatever reason, I thought he was against Lesnar also in 2012. You're right, John's odds are even more stacked against him!

Nah, that was Punk and Big Show.

Just for anyone else wondering:

2011 - CM Punk, lost (WWE Championship)
2012 - CM Punk and Big Show, lost (WWE Championship)
2013 - Daniel Bryan, lost (WWE Championship)
2014 - Brock Lesnar, lost (WWE Championship)
2015 - Seth Rollins, lost (WWE Championship/United States Championship)

Couleurs

I haven't watched Raw/Smackdown in a few months other than the draft so I'm pretty much out of the loop, soooo what's up with Dolph Ziggler having a title shot on the #2 (or #3) show of the year?

Like is he finally getting the serious push he deserved a long time ago, or is this just a random poorly built up match that is leading to the WWE title being like the third match of the night?

Forkball

why does AJ styles still have my aunts hair cut?

Don't talk about the redneck rookie that way.

I see a lot of good matches, but the build up for them has been pretty sub par. AJ vs. Cena should have been a huge event for wrestling fans, but now I just think people don't care.

Also I don't see how Rusev is a heel. He beat Henry clean and then wanted to celebrate his love.

Ronin Ray

Because the belt is meant to represent the champion of the WWE Universe! The man who represents the people who tune in every night to watch their favorite WWE Superstars and Divas women entertain them!

...Honestly I hate the idea too. Would rather they just keep it to one World title and have it be cross-brand.

They kept the WHC around for 2 1/2 years AFTER the first brand split ended. The Universal Title is here to stay...

I agree they should do that with the Tag and Women's belts too. Have them feud with a person from raw and when that's over have them feud with someone on Smackdown. It would make the champs seem special since there the only ones that can jump from show to show. The U.S and intercontinental belts would be locked in to each show and could be built up when the championship feud isn't on there brand for the smaller PPVs. You could brag about which brand has the current champion and all that.

krae_man

According to my Facebook, 6 years ago today John Cena no sold a DDT to concrete forever ruining Wade Barrett's career.

Ah memories.

I don't know if I will stay up and watch this.

Don't you want to see the Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King Demon King?

There's this sinking feeling in my stomach that's telling be me Cena's going over. It really shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. I remember being so certain he was gonna lose to Bray at Mania 30, everyone did. Then look wuh happuh!!!

There's this sinking feeling in my stomach that's telling be me Cena's going over. It really shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. I remember being so certain he was gonna lose to Bray at Mania 30, everyone did. Then look wuh happuh!!!

I think AJ will win but with help from the unfunny doctor combo of Gallows and Anderson.

AJ's getting buried, no question. No matter how over he is, Vince's need to destroy anyone who got big outside WWE to cement that only WWE matters will win out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Cena never wins at SummerSlam

Since John Cena is taking a smaller role these days, would it kill him to not agree to put himself over?

Also, I wonder if we'll eventually see Ambrose/Cena. Provided Ambrose puts on a good match with Ziggler, he really pulls off the Champion swagger well. That belt looks good with his jacket and more serious character, and Im liking how cool and calm he is as opposed to the lunatic

Ambrose v Cena
Ambrose v Orton
Ambrose v Styles

All of these have great potential.

AJ/Orton, Orton/Bray, and hopefully Alberto gets some kind of push or tweak too. I feel like he'd be better as a face too. They need to do something with that guy... or maybe nothing, I know how much of a bore he can be.

I hope we see Joe on Smackdown. I want him to drop the title to Nakamura and be a big deal on Smackdown.

Im still hoping Cesaro gets screwed by Raw and signs with Smackdown.

After this week's Smackdown, I dont even care about Raw anymore. The tag division may suck on SD, but the potential for awesome rivalries and genuine star build up gets me so excited.

OrochiJR

So with the amount of matches will the main show be 4 hours in itself like Mania, or just the regular 3 hours with the usual preshow before it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom