• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

It's kinda sad that the only argument that can be made for a worse champion in the past decade is blip on the radar Great Khali. Proves my point.

Fantomex

Neither are great but Reigns>Ambrose. Ambrose wrestles like a drunken anemic.

This is exactly it. He's Diet Attitude Era, but he wears jeans and a wife beater and acts crazy and unpredictable so people associate him with the likes of Austin and Pillman. He's like the ABC Family version of Brian Pillman, right down to the hackneyed "facial twitches" because, you know, that's what crazy people do and he's soooo unstable!!!

He's unstable but how come his shirt is always ironed, and he wear's designer jeans? He won't fool me!

Tall4Life

Dean has been a phenomenal champion. His storyline right now with Dolph is phenomenal, thanks in no small part to Dean playing the role as the gatekeeper, the champion. He's killed it so far, and we are barely into this first reign.

Kurita

I honestly don't see the appeal of Ambrose. He's easily the worst champion in the past decade. I'd even take Roman with the strap or even a Zack Ryder run.
Dude we got Khali as a champ LMAO

Ambrose is more than capable on the mic, he can deliver some great promos. The Ziggler/Ambrose feud is actually good. Dean looks like a legit champ in this program.

Anth0ny

Stone Cold and The Rock said themselves that they only used five moves. Reigns' moveset is fine. He is a good worker surrounded by mostly other good workers, many better workers.

the rock and stone cold are blowing smoke

if they have five moves then reigns has one. nothing he does is as exciting as the stunner, rock bottom, people's elbow... even the ways rock and austin delivered their basic stomps or worked punches were far more believable than reigns.

roman's character is also a less talented cena 2.0. hard to get invested in that character in ring.

I don't agree or disagree, but basically It's "Anyone but Reigns" as far as I can see. So if Ambrose was out with an injury we would have been fine with let's say Wade Barrett. I mean, it's not saying much for Dean, which I guess proves me right. The guy sucks.

it's anyone but reigns because reigns is shit and overpushed in the eyes of the fans. wwe brought this upon themselves.

wade barrett is a bad example because, again, he's more talented than reigns in every way.

i don't know if people would cheer for, say, braun stroman over reigns.

The Universal title would be awesome if after Seth beats Finn to win it he is challenged by aliens from other planets.

Max Moon is finally gonna get his big break

Max_Moon_bio.jpg

Cagey

Banned
It's kinda sad that the only argument that can be made for a worse champion in the past decade is blip on the radar Great Khali. Proves my point.
Keep in mind that 2016 Dolph Ziggler might beat Dean this Sunday and relegate Dean to third worst WWE champion in recent memory.

Reigns's problems largely revolve around how every match is booked the same. He starts out well behind, hulks up, catches a Superman punch and a spear to win. It's boring and predictable. If they want him to look strong then have him go out and win in dominating fashion. If they want him to look like someone who never gives up and triumphs over adversity then he needs to lose clean and then come back to win.

Dean's problems is that his moved look weak and unconvincing. His strikes are like he's flailing his arms, his suicide dives looks like he's holding back, and he still does that ridiculous Wackyline/Lunatic Lariat.

Rusev needs to win because Rusev is awesome. But some part of me is actually hoping for Ziggler to win as well.

Agreed dean is super overrated and so are a lot of guys especially finn balor who is being hot shotted to the top. Majority of these indy guys are overrated they are just good "workers" character wise and personality they are bland as hell. Look at balor nothing changes about him when he goes demon mode besides his intro and he cannot cut a promo despite being in the business for over 15 years and is 35 right now. He is hyped up to be the next big thing when he is just generic.

Dean ambrose is terrible because of how silly his character is for a main eveneter, he looks really dumb when he fights especially his sloppy punches and his whole moveset is pretty dumb. People blame lesnar for his match at mania when 90% of his matches have been boring besides the HHH one. The build for all his matchups have been super cringe worthy with his whacky character could see lesnar hate being involved in his segments.

The only interesting match up is orton.

Tall4Life

You still really can't say that Dean is one of the worst champs in the past decade considering people like Swagger were champs and Rey's reigns were absolutely horrific.

Agreed dean is super overrated and so are a lot of guys especially finn balor who is being hot shotted to the top. Majority of these indy guys are overrated they are just good "workers" character wise and personality they are bland as hell. Look at balor nothing changes about him when he goes demon mode besides his intro and he cannot cut a promo despite being in the business for over 15 years and is 35 right now. He is hyped up to be the next big thing when he is just generic.

Dean ambrose is terrible because of how silly his character is for a main eveneter, he looks really dumb when he fights especially his sloppy punches and his whole moveset is pretty dumb. People blame lesnar for his match at mania when 90% of his matches have been boring besides the HHH one. The build for all his matchups have been super cringe worthy with his whacky character could see lesnar hate being involved in his segments.

fascinating

Dean himself on Stone Cold's podcast confirmed that the Lesnar match sucked so much because Brock kept shooting down his ideas to make it a lot more fun and interesting.

Dean himself on Stone Cold's podcast confirmed that the Lesnar match sucked so much because Brock kept shooting down his ideas to make it a lot more fun and interesting.

But have you considered what he does on TV? brock probably thought his ideas were dumb as hell. also consider Ambrose previous feuds and matches.

But have you considered what he does on TV? brock probably thought his ideas were dumb as hell. also consider Ambrose previous feuds and matches.
It was a No Holds Barred Street Fight that involved only chairs, a kendo stick and barely left the ring. Unless Ambrose was suggesting completely crazy balls off the walls shit that might seriously harm Lesnar, I'm gonna take the guess Brock was too lazy to do anything resembling a decent spot.

Nekofrog

Banned
Ambrose's character when he's ON is great, when he's coasting its the most blatant and obvious of anyone I've ever seen in wrestling. His in ring is all around terrible though.

I love that NXT is supposed to be the developmental promotion but Balor is wrestling for the title at Summerslam his first show after getting "called up" and Nakamura is getting paid more than half the roster while still learning how to wrestle apparently

It was a No Holds Barred Street Fight that involved only chairs, a kendo stick and barely left the ring. Unless Ambrose was suggesting completely crazy balls off the walls shit that might seriously harm Lesnar, I'm gonna take the guess Brock was too lazy to do anything resembling a decent spot.

Brocks been doing high risk spots prior to that match but yeah brock probably didnt give a crap because he was going to fight in the UFC. But if you consider how stupid all of ambrose spots look in his matches theres also a chance he thought that is dumb as hell. If he would stop trying to be a "lunatic" with his wacky spots i could get behind him.

Tall4Life

I love that NXT is supposed to be the developmental promotion but Balor is wrestling for the title at Summerslam his first show after getting "called up" and Nakamura is getting paid more than half the roster while still learning how to wrestle apparently

It's been known that NXT isn't fully a developmental territory anymore. The most they do in development with guys like Balor and Nakamura is adapt them to the WWE style. In many cases, it is still developmental; people like Bilie Kay, Deonna, No Way Jose, etc. It's just that you only see the best of the best (or most of them) on the actual NXT show.

Striker

The Ambrose Asylum match was even worse and felt twice as long. The only saving grace to that was Jericho putting himself through all those thumb tacks.

I just can't wrap my head around Dean Ambrose. With Cena, the little kids, got it. Rollins, in ring talent. AJ, in ring. Cesaro, strength, underdog. With Ambrose, I just don't see what his fans see. Maybe he's got a lot of female fans that are all for his looks?

When I noticed that my daughter, age seven, really liked Dean I asked her why and she said it's because his name has Rose in it.

But there's always something more to it than what she can articulate, I would say. Her 2nd favorite match of all time is Dean's Trick or Street Fight with Cesaro. He's just got a lot of charisma, you anti-Dean people need to accept that.

BUT

I just asked her who her favorite male wrestler is now (because if I just said wrestler I know the answer would be Bayley) and she said Dolph. We were at the show a couple days ago, and she says she likes him because he's so into wrestling. Didn't even mention the Colonel Sanders costume. I guess she was feeling that promo.

Just so you know, though, this is a girl who at Wrestlemania pulled me down so she could tell me that she likes every wrestler now so I should stop booing. When we talked about it later she added the exceptions John Cena and "Chris Jerkicho". She will boo bad guys now, but this was her attitude for a few days.

P.S. I have never been able to figure out why she doesn't like Chris Jericho, I know why she doesn't like Cena, but she hates Chris even more. Like out of the blue she said that if she ever met him she'd break his cell phone. She's a super-friendly kid to everyone, too.

Ithil

Actually it was because Brock knew he was fighting in UFC and wouldn't risk anything in a match. And because he's coasting big time.

I don't know if you realise this but Ambrose does not book his own feuds.

P.S. I have never been able to figure out why she doesn't like Chris Jericho, I know why she doesn't like Cena, but she hates Chris even more. Like out of the blue she said that if she ever met him she'd break his cell phone. She's a super-friendly kid to everyone, too.

Tell her to drink it in....man

Is Sami in trouble or something?

I mean, he had the best fucking match last PPV. He's an amazing talent. Absolutely genuine on the mic, and can put on great passionate promos. Everybody loves him, he's a natural babyface

How does he end up with nothing all month? Put the man on Smackdown for Christ's sake, I cant stand it.

Don't hate me for this but I have never rated Sami personally, I mean he has in-ring ability but his whole image just annoys me for some reason, I think it might be the theme song now I think of it lol.

I love the guy. His look seems very relatable as opposed to some kind of superhero. He looks like an average guy, but wrestles beautifully and tells a story too. He's an underdog who also carries himself with a lot of passion and I love how he isnt some pushover babyface, but looks like he has a temper when people are dicking him around.

See his promo against Neville for example

Syder

Zayn has given WWE audiences probably 3 of the top 5 matches* on their programming this year.

tumblr_oajdvwNJup1saykaxo1_400.gif

*Zayn/Naka, Fatal 4 Way @ ER and Zayn/Owens are my top 3 WWE matches of the year so far.

Not to take sides here, but "carny blames other carny for shit match" isn't the most bulletproof piece of evidence you can produce, right?

I want dolph to win. It's been a decent feud, dolph won't win but he's due, he's great on the mic, in ring, it should be his time. I think he's better than the majority of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom