• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

What's that little birdy? You have something to say to your loyal Zero Escape followers?
5482C.png

Thanks for the hot news, Zero Escape birdy! But why so mysterious?

Hopefully we learn more soon!

I hope the demo is released soon!! Can't wait. :)

Media Tap Opened. It's only got the teaser trailer, but hopefully well get a full length one soon. Maybe even the OVA as well.

I'm really wanting to hear the English voices dubbed into the OVA.

Also, it's only been a week since theysaid there'd be a surprise in 2 weeks... I can only imagine the surprise being the Demo or the OVA. A strange blue bird is pushing me to think it's the Demo more than the OVA, though.

Either way, this topic has my strictest attention everyday until release. :)

GSR

Assuming all goes well the game should be in my mailbox a month from today. Time to start up 999 and do a Safe ending playthrough over the next week or so, then a True ending playthrough a little closer to release.

Assuming all goes well the game should be in my mailbox a month from today. Time to start up 999 and do a Safe ending playthrough over the next week or so, then a True ending playthrough a little closer to release.

I re-started 999 a couple of days ago!
I made a schedule and I will play a small portion each day, getting all the endings (including
Coffin
). It takes half an hour per day!
If I follow my schedule, I should finish the game a few days before VLR release!

For those that are waiting for VLR and want to re-play 999 or experience it for the first time, Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors is now available :D

http://li.brari.us/2o

Store link:

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/

L1OKx.jpg

Well, that's at least a much better way of adding Zero to the cover than what I was expecting/VLR's cover.

Still, I don't think that'll have a reversible cover with the original one on it, will it?

cacildo

Any news on more "bracelets" for amazon pre-orders?

I lost it and now i feel bad... it was going to be a christmas gift.

What does the bracelets do anyway?

Vibed

I can't make any comment at this time.

You'll just need to wait for the official PR for now :)

I'm gonna take this as a yes. :p

Amazon will be adding another small batch sometime tomorrow. All they are are watches though.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.

Yeah, we announced on Monday that Amazon will be offering the pre-order watches again tomorrow, 9/28, for those that still want to grab one.

There isn't an official time when it might be up, so you'll have to make sure to keep tabs on Amazon to ensure you get a watch before they sell out.

And they are fully functional digital watches that randomly come with either a red, blue, or green LED.

cacildo

Amazon will be adding another small batch sometime tomorrow. All they are are watches though.

Really? My girlfriend still wears wrist watches to this day ( i abandoned wrist watches when cell phones came around)

Thanks for the tip! I hope i can get one, because she will love it!

(The game is for her too. She loved 999. Me, not so much)

Pharros

Really? My girlfriend still wears wrist watches to this day ( i abandoned wrist watches when cell phones came around)

Thanks for the tip! I hope i can get one, because she will love it!

(The game is for her too. She loved 999. Me, not so much)

At least someone has good taste in the relationship ;)

Jk jk, I'm totally jealous of you guys getting one though!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
:) Too much text. Also, i got a bad ending right from the bat and that got me down a little...

She keeps saying "you got to play it again!"

She's a smart one! (aka a keeper! :D)

You're only roughly about 1/5 of the way through the game.

The truth and excellence of ZE:999 will only manifest to those that complete the journey :3

any confirmation about PAL release? Is it still November?

You'd need to contact Rising Star Games in regards to any developments with that :)

Sorry if this is the most noobish question ever, but do you need to have played 999 prior to Zero Escape? We never actually got it here in the UK so I've no means of playing it.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Sorry if this is the most noobish question ever, but do you need to have played 999 prior to Zero Escape? We never actually got it here in the UK so I've no means of playing it.

You don't have to per se, but you'll be missing out on a lot, and if you played 999 first, VLR will have that much more impact on you from the get go :)

Also, playing VLR first will spoil a lot from 999.

So in summary, you should play 999 first if you can :)

You don't have to per se, but you'll be missing out on a lot, and if you played 999 first, VLR will have that much more impact on you from the get go :)

Also, playing VLR first will spoil a lot from 999.

So in summary, you should play 999 first if you can :)

Thanks. So you're basically saying "yes, you do need to play 999 first." That's not what I wanted to hear, seeing as how my only option is jailbreaking my sister's DS to make it multi-regional and purchasing a copy of the game, which goes for a pricey sum here. I'll just have to go into Zero Escape oblivious. I'm lucky I can even play that, what with the Vita being region-free.

stupei

Hopefully a 3DS demo goes up soon. I want to figure out how much of an impact the 3D has before I decide which version to get, but I wanted to get a pre-order watch too. :\

Thanks. So you're basically saying "yes, you do need to play 999 first." That's not what I wanted to hear, seeing as how my only option is jailbreaking my sister's DS to make it multi-regional and purchasing a copy of the game, which goes for a pricey sum here. I'll just have to go into Zero Escape oblivious. I'm lucky I can even play that, what with the Vita being region-free.

But...the DS is region free.

I could've sworn it was region locked, my bad. Alright, change of plans then.

FYI, there are some copies on Amazon.co.uk around 15£.
Some of them ship from the US, but there are no import fees.
Search there, it's the best place! (that I know of...)

And, Rising Star Games is releasing VLR in Europe around mid November.
So, yes, you can play the US version on the Vita, but since you're starting now with 999, maybe you should wait for the EU release!
(I won't! 3 weeks with happy americans playing the game! I can't stand it! US version for me!)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

As someone with a UK 3DS, I can confirm that my imported copy of 999 works perfectly. It's well worth playing.
I do wish they'd officially release the game over here, though....

Media Tap Opened. It's only got the teaser trailer, but hopefully well get a full length one soon. Maybe even the OVA as well.

Vita users, look what demo popped out in the October 2nd update! Wohooo!

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/sneak-peek-october-2nd-psn-releases/

Exciting! I'm guessing that means the Nintendo eShop will be getting at the same time too, right? If I remember right, it updates on Tuesdays as well.

Exciting! I'm guessing that means the Nintendo eShop will be getting at the same time too, right? If I remember right, it updates on Tuesdays as well.

Actually, it updates on Thursdays. And I found no way of knowing beforehand what will be released. So, it's only matter of waiting Thursday October 4th and hope!
Unless someone knows how to see into the future...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Actually, it updates on Thursdays. And I found no way of knowing beforehand what will be released. So, it's only matter of waiting Thursday October 4th and hope!
Unless someone knows how to see into the future...

Well, there may be clues in things that certain feathered acquaintances have said to shed light on particular mysteries...

Hnng. Can't wait for the demo on PSN. I'll finally be able to delete the Japanese version of the demo I never played because I couldn't understand what was happening.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Also, just to let you guys know, the demo will only have English voices in it.

The full game will have both English and Japanese voices though of course ;)

Also, just to let you guys know, the demo will only have English voices in it.

The full game will have both English and Japanese voices though of course ;)

Another question you probably can't answer:
How much is the size of the PSN full game? Will my tiny 4GB memory card hold it?
I read that the Jap one was around 1.2GB, but I suppose the size went up since it has both languages.
Anyway, I'm really happy to hear some of the English voices!!!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Another question you probably can't answer:
How much is the size of the PSN full game? Will my tiny 4GB memory card hold it?
I read that the Jap one was around 1.2GB, but I suppose the size went up since it has both languages.
Anyway, I'm really happy to hear some of the English voices!!!

If you have a 4GB card, it'll be able to handle the game no problem :)

As long as there is room on it of course ;)

Mr. Fix

If you have a 4GB card, it'll be able to handle the game no problem :)

As long as there is room on it of course ;)

None of the game stores near me know when the game will hit their shelves. I noticed that there isn't an option for Canada to buy the game from the store on the website. What'll I do?!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
None of the game stores near me know when the game will hit their shelves. I noticed that there isn't an option for Canada to buy the game from the store on the website. What'll I do?!

Worst case scenario, if you don't want to wait is to just download it off of PSN for VITA on the day of release :)

Assuming you have a VITA~

Top Bottom