• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

This game kicks a lot of ass. And the calender that came with it from sofmap is nice.

I didn't get a stick for the wii, although I am still tempted. It feels good on the classic controller though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BudokaiMR2 said:
This game kicks a lot of ass. And the calender that came with it from sofmap is nice.

I didn't get a stick for the wii, although I am still tempted. It feels good on the classic controller though.

I feel the stick is pretty low quality/crappy. :(

The Hori one is definitely better at this point, but if anything, I'd suggest a good PS2 to GCN converter and using a good PS2 stick.

Dascu

Tenbatsu said:
From the other thread....
2ez6b69.jpg

xero273

dfyb said:
ugh. there goes any desire for me to want to buy this game on wii.

It could be wrong. I just recently got that adapter and tried it with my HRAP2 SA on a GC and wii game and the controller does something. The buttons map correctly and joystick moves the character. I think I read from Markman that HRAP2 SA does not use sony PCB. I am getting the game tonight so I'll post back if it works or not.

Nisa65

Garcian said:
A mate of mine has a Hori GC Soul Calibur 2 stick going spare for me if I want it - is it decent enough quality?

That's the stick I intend to use, I bought it back when SC2 first came out on Gamecube and it's certainly no worse than any of the cheaper Hori sticks I own e.g. the 360 DOA 4 stick or the PS3 Fighting Stick 3.

xero273 said:
I saw a picture of the button layout. It is basically like this:

A B C
T

ABC are the attack buttons and D is the tag assist. There is a pic on srk but the site is down now.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7013/ma330003zg4.jpg

I hope this answers your question

Perfect, thanks for the info :D

MarkMan said:
I feel the stick is pretty low quality/crappy. :(

The Hori one is definitely better at this point, but if anything, I'd suggest a good PS2 to GCN converter and using a good PS2 stick.

Hmmm, I'm kinda glad I skipping on the joystick then. I'm off to find a converter for the sticks I own. Thanks for the info...

Just came back with the Stick, Calendar, Japanese Wii, and game from Softmap! Saw a bit of it in the arcades in Yokohama and it looks fun, but no one that I saw knows how to play it yet, as would be expected.

If it costs $68 at NCSX that's a steal considering the current exchange rate. I got it for 6,600 yen myself.

Edit: Does the stick really suck? I can't find the Hori one around Yokohama. I already own a Neo-Geo II Stick also.

Companion Cube said:
Thats... that's good... for fighters... riiight?
No, that's terrible.

There is at least a Million, a freaking million Smash Bros. fans that could have bought it.

Why aren't they buying the game?

Scrubking

SilverLunar said:
No, that's terrible.

There is at least a Million, a freaking million Smash Bros. fans that could have bought it.

Why aren't they buying the game?

Give the game a chance. It just came out for goodness sake.

Hasn't the Wii taught everyone by now that first day/month sales mean nothing?

(If not then go look up Guitar Hero and Wii Music)

Aren't these for the U.S?
Anyway I am kinda PISSED OFF for all the bombs the Wii gets every time a new game is released.

Hey at least Drum Master did OK amirite? :(

Perdew

Tenbatsu said:
From the other thread....

15k is ... meh could have been worse. Doesn't that mean it'll be around ~30k for the week, sales people?

It'll be interesting to see how SFIV's sales pan out, since it's supposed to have 'mainstream appeal'.

I'm really on the fence about buying this, because most of the people I would play with wouldn't want to play it over say, Third Strike, and it'd be hard to convince them otherwise.

*sigh* ;(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Perdew said:
I'm really on the fence about buying this, because most of the people I would play with wouldn't want to play it over say, Third Strike, and it'd be hard to convince them otherwise.

*sigh* ;(

Only one way to find out.. :D

I gotta get this game!!

neo2046

Joe and Chun Li's Endings also very cool :D

(if any people want to see, just go to youtube,
enter "Tatsunoko vs Capcom" to search and you can find different people's endings)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yatterman 1's ending is epic too XD

To perform Variable Combination, you need 3 levels. Perform any super, but during the glow part (prior to the character's face appearing at the background), press Partner.

Kccitystar

Ookami-kun said:
Yatterman 1's ending is epic too XD

To perform Variable Combination, you need 3 levels. Perform any super, but during the glow part (prior to the character's face appearing at the background), press Partner.

This is the "double team" super I asked about?

Wish there was a shop menu translation. I bought all the characters, and i"m guessing the stages are the things that are 1000 a piece. How much do alternate colors cost? Once you buy them how do you select them. And what about the music, is that more music for the game or just being able to listen to it in gallery mode or something. What's with the stuff in the store with a wiimote cymbal next to it? Is there anything else worth buying? I've not tried any of the mini games yet but a guide for those would be awesome too.

Netto-kun

robut said:
Wish there was a shop menu translation. I bought all the characters, and i"m guessing the stages are the things that are 1000 a piece. How much do alternate colors cost? Once you buy them how do you select them. And what about the music, is that more music for the game or just being able to listen to it in gallery mode or something. What's with the stuff in the store with a wiimote cymbal next to it? Is there anything else worth buying? I've not tried any of the mini games yet but a guide for those would be awesome too.
1000 points (the one with a human silhouette and a "?" in it) - 3P Colors
1000 points (the one with a sheet and a "?" in it) Special illustrations (スペシャル 1, 2 and 3)
500 points (the one with character name and an icon that looks like an open book) - Character information + illustrations
500 points (same as above, without character names but with plenty of japanese letters) - Stage information (haven't bothered to buy any of these yet, so I don't know what else you might be able to view)
200 points - Character specific background music that you are able to listen in gallery mode. その他 means "Other" and costs 500 points

The one with Wiimote cymbal is for buying character specific mini games.

Thanks man! Still have some questions though:
how do you use a 3P color?
I'm pretty sure I've bought stages for versus or do you unlock them somehow?
someone mentioned easier control settings. how do you use them?

Also the basics vid was very useful, made some techniques clearer.

xero273

just got the game today. So awesome. I love the music. Roll theme song is awesome.

Delayed Hyper Combo

Is this the hyper combo in keits video where Ryu does his hadouken and then couple seconds later Chun does her super? How do you do this?

Netto-kun

I haven't bothered buy 3P colors, but I assume use it by pressing Y in the character select screen (since A is 1P color, while X is 2P color). I haven't seen any unlockable stages (only stage informations) in the Shop, so it might be that you'll unlock them by beating the game with a certain character (or x amount of characters). Easier control setting is when you are using Wiimote only.

On another note (if no one have noticed it yet): Batsu's level 3 hyper combo depends on which character you are tagged with. For instance, while tagged with Ryu, he and Ryu will do a combined Kiaidan, with Rockman he'll do a combined Guts Upper, with Karas he'll do combined Ryuusei Kick.

xero273 said:
Delayed Hyper Combo

Is this the hyper combo in keits video where Ryu does his hadouken and then couple seconds later Chun does her super? How do you do this?
From my testing it's something like this.

1. Perform Hyper Combo as usual.
2. While your character (Ryu in this example) is perfoming the Hyper Combo (Shinku Hadouken), quickly hold your partner button and perform the Hyper Combo motion for your partner (Batsu). If you did it right, you should've switched Ryu with Batsu. Hell, the partner character can even use his/her level 3 Hyper Combo with this method.:lol

Took me awhile to figure it out, but now it seems pretty easy.:D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Weak = 1p color, Medium = 2p color, Fierce = 3p color

YATTERPELICAN IS YATTERMAN 1's MECHA IN HIS 2P COLOR!!!

What is his 3p color mecha?

And if Gold Lightan = 1p color and Silver Lightan = 2p color, what is Lightan's 3p color?

xero273

Linkzg said:
This game is pretty awesome. Karas is fucking awesome, but against enemies like the two giants and the final boss I'm pretty much ravaged.

Yep, the giant and yami was pretty hard. I still can't beat Yami. He keeps on recovering.

Tekkaman's second super rapes the big guys. I think he might be a bit too powerful. Has anyone done Polymer's second super? I can't get the timing down.

robot

A friend on mine brought it over and played for a few hours. Awesome, awesome game. The simplified controls make it easy to do some pretty sick combos, something I've never really been able to pull off in the previous games. I prefer the Tatsunoko roster over the capcom roster too - just so many new faces in there and they're all wearing spandex.

Really wish they beefed up the roster even more but there's a ton off variety in there so it's hard to complain. And the tradition continues with awful last bosses, honestly it's like they do it on purpose now. Fighting the huge gold lego brick guy and the lost planet mech are really fun tho - they should've dont something like that for the last boss.

Top Bottom