• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Dylan O’Brien & Logan Lerman Being Eyed for MCU Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

knicks

Defiantly want Logan Lerman. Wanted him from the beginning.

But yeah, wow, a third reboot. They're going to do that whole thing again with Spider-Man realizing he has powers yet again. And Uncle Ben passing away. Everything else. That is seriously absurd. How can you do that three times in like 15 years, especially how they both had sequels before.

Shadownet

Banned
Everyone whos discounting Lerman already probably never seen anything beside Percy Jackson movies.

Anyone with a couple of braincells can tell that movie is hampered by bad screenwriting and dialogue.

Lerman is actually pretty good when he has something good to work with. (Wallflower and Fury)

Either way I'm glad both are forerunners. Dylan was great in Maze Runners. Wouldn't mind either one.

jwk94

Everyone whos discounting Lerman already probably never seen anything beside Percy Jackson movies.

Anyone with a couple of braincells can tell that movie is hampered by bad screenwriting and dialogue.

Lerman is actually pretty good when he has something good to work with. (Wallflower and Fury)

Either way I'm glad both are forerunners. Dylan was great in Maze Runners. Wouldn't mind either one.

I still can't watch Wallflower a second time. That movie was ridiculously sad.

styl3s

They look nothing like Miles Morales =(
Did you honestly think the first spider-man to appear in MCU is going to be Miles? Look, i love Miles, i would love a movie based on him but Peter Parker deserves to be the first to come the MCU and there was no chance in hell Miles was going to show up first.

Every Spider-Man's an alternate universe one.
The point people are making is that Peter Parker IS Spider-Man in the sense that he's the first and he's the one everyone grew up with. Peter is the Spider-Man people have been reading for the past 10,20,30,40,50,60 years. Miles deserves a movie at some point but does he as a character deserve to show up in this monumental thing before Peter mother fucking Parker? No, no he doesn't. It's absolutely absurd to even think otherwise and it's kind of insane to think people had some notion that MCU, which is targeted to the mass audience was going to bring in some alternate spider-man that nobody outside comic readers know instead of the spider-man that even your mom knows.

Miles fans need to stop being silly.

Seriously if Pete's being introduced in Phase 3, Miles is at least a phase 6 or 7 thing. At least give the guy a full trilogy before he has to pass the torch or die. (And I'd be pissed if they killed him off in the MCU)

Neoxon

Did you honestly think the first spider-man to appear in MCU is going to be Miles? Look, i love Miles, i would love a movie based on him but Peter Parker deserves to be the first to come the MCU and there was no chance in hell Miles was going to show up first.
This guy gets it. I honestly don't know what some of you expected. You don't start with Miles, you build up to Miles & later pass the torch to him.

So... A third reboot? No Miles Morales?
Can you imagine how terrible of a decision that would be?

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for! Finally making his debut in The Avengers, the Spectacular Spider-Man, Miles... Morals??"

I can practically hear the hypothetical audiences asking who the fuck Miles Morals is and where Peter Parker is. It would be the most anticlimactic thing ever.

Blader

But yeah, wow, a third reboot. They're going to do that whole thing again with Spider-Man realizing he has powers yet again. And Uncle Ben passing away. Everything else. That is seriously absurd. How can you do that three times in like 15 years, especially how they both had sequels before.

By not doing the origin story a third time.

According to the leaked emails -- which were right on the ball about the Spidey summit, the Feb. announcement, and the appearance in Civil War followed by a July 2017 reboot -- the movie would pick up with Peter already having powers and being a hero, skipping over the origin.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

They're apparently skipping the origin story, everyone knows it already, it's in the public consciousness. Just like Batman and Superman. Even if they don't, the whole thing can be summed up in an intro, that's how well-known it is.

By not doing the origin story a third time.

According to the leaked emails -- which were right on the ball about the Spidey summit, the Feb. announcement, and the appearance in Civil War followed by a July 2017 reboot -- the movie would pick up with Peter already having powers and being a hero, skipping over the origin.

Also, the fact of the matter is Spider-Man, not just Peter Parker, will be appearing in Captain America: Civil War, already with powers. They're most likely not going to go back and do an origin story for him after he already appears with powers in a different movie.

ZeroFate

A lot of people are saying they don't want an origin story (I'm kinda in that bucket myself) but the funny thing is they could actually do a pretty awesome one for once within the MCU.

Imagine a scene where 10 year old Peter Parker is sitting at home watching TV. What's on? A press conference featuring tech-guru and playboy billionaire Tony Stark. Peter's wondering where the heck his saturday morning cartoons are until he hears the now infamous words: "I am Ironman." Peter goes wide-eyed. End scene.

Pay me Mahvel.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
It's a shame because Garfield is a phenomenal actor.

But, he was wasted on horrible movies. The same reason Timothy Dalton couldn't stay Bond but goofy Roger Moore got to stick around forever.

A-V-B

It's a shame because Garfield is a phenomenal actor.

But, he was wasted on horrible movies. The same reason Timothy Dalton couldn't stay Bond but goofy Roger Moore got to stick around forever.

Tobey Maguire is Roger Moore confirmed

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
if i see uncle ben die one more time i'm gonna lose my shit

What if Uncle Ben was killed in the attack on New York because Peter had powers during the attack on New York but was being a wise-cracking teen instead of a proper hero.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They both look the part to me, I'm not familiar with their acting at all.

Alienous

Dylan got this. I just hope his schedule don't have conflicts.

If you are not familiar with the actor, here is a video.
Stiles Stilinski Moments

He got the comedic timing

rPNCqww.jpg

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
What if Uncle Ben was killed in the attack on New York because Peter had powers during the attack on New York but was being a wise-cracking teen instead of a proper hero.

That's...actually not a bad idea!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

The point people are making is that Peter Parker IS Spider-Man in the sense that he's the first and he's the one everyone grew up with. Peter is the Spider-Man people have been reading for the past 10,20,30,40,50,60 years. Miles deserves a movie at some point but does he as a character deserve to show up in this monumental thing before Peter mother fucking Parker? No, no he doesn't. It's absolutely absurd to even think otherwise and it's kind of insane to think people had some notion that MCU, which is targeted to the mass audience was going to bring in some alternate spider-man that nobody outside comic readers know instead of the spider-man that even your mom knows.

Miles fans need to stop being silly.

Regardless of that post, I mostly agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom