• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Verelios

oh here it is, the quote

i wonder who made that post

and only after someone brought up that they really don't follow up on their scum reads

hmmm
That wasn't good reasoning. You said he acted similar in another game and then you didn't like how he posted. How can that be used as a valid argument?

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Crab (9)
Bronx-Man 1452
Swamped 1454
nin1000 1467 1597
Faddy 1519
CCS 1520 1796
Blargonaut 2007
nin1000 2010
TheWorthyEdge 2035
Verelios 2036
Gorlak 2081
Crab 2090

Verelios (2)
CCS 1799 1851
Crab 1991 2090
Kyanrute 2005
CCS 2028

Swamped (2)
Sorian 1431 1924
Lone_Prodigy 1624 1867
Kawl_USC 1744
Blargonaut 1746 1802
CCS 1796 1799
*Splinter 1936

CCS (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 1811
StanleyPalmtree 1913

acohrs (1)
flatearthpandas 1895

Burbeting (1)
Lone_Prodigy 1867 2042
Kalor 1876
Blargonaut 1901 2007

Faddy (1)
Crab 1718 1991
franconp 1914

Kalor (1)
Burbeting 1384 1399
Burbeting 2009

Blargonaut (1)
Sorian 1924

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): CCS 1851 2028

Lone_Prodigy (0): acohrs 1482 1916

StanleyPalmtree (0): TheWorthyEdge 1703 2035

Kyanrute (0): Gorlak 1832 1885

Bronx-Man (0): Sorian 1372 1431, Crab 1490 1675, WhereAreMahDragonz 1536 1811

No active vote for Day 2: acohrs (has previously voted), Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
red_1489010400.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Kyanrute

how did i save crab by going afk 30 mins after tossing the initial vote on a new person instead of pushing one of the existing trains with multiple votes

Kyanrute

That wasn't good reasoning. You said he acted similar in another game and then you didn't like how he posted. How can that be used as a valid argument?

1st you say I had no reasoning. Next you say my reasoning was bad.

How was it, Mr. I Do Hard Work To Process My Scum Reads?

Kalor

How quickly Crab is getting votes is putting me off voting for him. Although if he is scum then his team could be bussing him.

Vote: CCS

No one's talked about Sorian's vote on Blarg, which while justified, is a bit out there. None of the other suspect players caught his eye?

Verelios

Yes, fuck inactives, did you give good reasoning on why Squidy, no. Was there anything besides saving Crab? No. So you found a scapegoat and voted him off. If that's wrong then go ahead and justify your vote on him.

1st you say I had no reasoning. Next you say my reasoning was bad.

How was it, Mr. I Do Hard Work To Process My Scum Reads?
How was it, Mr. I failed reading comprehension?

Keep up of you want to save your Crabmate

Kyanrute

let's play a game

guess who justified their vote by using the words

"this progression does not feel organic"

bonus points to those who use the words "how is that a valid argument" in their response

Verelios

let's play a game

guess who justified their vote by using the words

"this progression does not feel organic"

bonus points to those who use the words "how is that a valid argument" in their response
Is it a game where I win by actually saying something besides shitting out just a vote? I guess it is.

Kawl_USC

Hey you two. Assuming at least one of you isn't scum, in what world is your argument helping us find scum?

Can you please stop antagonizing each other and shitting up the thread. We have enouhj of that day 1 making it impossible to read.

Kyanrute

Hey you two. Assuming at least one of you isn't scum, in what world is your argument helping us find scum?

Can you please stop antagonizing each other and shitting up the thread. We have enouhj of that day 1 making it impossible to read.

read it and vote vere, there, have scum

acohrs

ok full shitpost is on

lol

there is none

you comment on my d1 vote and never pursue it further and there is 1-2 random comments about crab

you do absolutely nothing

and speaking of deflection, here, let me give you my official response:

LOLOLLOLOLOLOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If you are going to accuse me of shitposting today, holy hell. Desperate much?

oh and feel free to quote the word desperate there, i know you want to do it

200.gif

Kawl_USC

read it and vote vere, there, have scum
Yes you've made your case there. I promise you the past 10 posts haven't won any one over to your case. Even if vere is scum, all you are doing now is providing noise and smoke to hide behind for the rest of the team and drowning out the rest of town

Verelios

are you incapable of reading your own sentences to the end too

clap, clap, clap

"Yes, fuck inactives, did you give good reasoning on why Squidy, no."
What are you on about? Do you understand what good reasoning is, or have you never had one? Fact is, at that point in time Squidy was on the cusp of inactive/coaster and you made a vote for him. That's a fact. You tried to justify it with a meta argument that wasn't persuasive based solely on your bias. That's a fact. It tilted the vote away from Crab. That is a fact.

So what are you reading? Apparently not what I am.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You should Role-claim, IMO

The fact I am a town player and very good at picking out scum is much more useful to you than any extra abilities I might have. If that's not enough to counterbalance your doubt that I could be scum, then telling you my role should make no difference. You'll find out shortly anyway.

Let them eat Crabcake

Verelios

The fact I am a town player and very good at picking out scum is much more useful to you than any extra abilities I might have. If that's not enough to counterbalance your doubt that I could be scum, then telling you my role should make no difference. You'll find out shortly anyway.
This is some Winona Ryder, hang me up to dry spiel I'm not buying.

Kyanrute

What are you on about? Do you understand what good reasoning is, or have you never had one? Fact is, at that point in time Squidy was on the cusp of inactive/coaster and you made a vote for him. That's a fact. You tried to justify it with a meta argument that wasn't persuasive based solely on your bias. That's a fact. It tilted the vote away from Crab. That is a fact.

i am reading the inconsistencies that keep coming out of you and i am looking at the goalposts you keep on moving

do try defending yourself for once

Kyanrute

Yes you've made your case there. I promise you the past 10 posts haven't won any one over to your case. Even if vere is scum, all you are doing now is providing noise and smoke to hide behind for the rest of the team and drowning out the rest of town

cool, maybe the next 10 will do the job

Verelios

i am reading the inconsistencies that keep coming out of you and i am looking at the goalposts you keep on moving

do try defending yourself for once

Please enlighten me, which of these points are wrong. I'll wait.

acohrs

Found it, right here:

Surprised this didn't get more attention, but this is a sweeping generalization that 5 players aren't scum because they're active and being talked about? Almost 1/5 of the entire player list isn't scum? Come on.

This is as bad as the CCS post on D1 that says "I won't vote for X, Y, or Z because they're not scum."

This is mafia. Unless you're a mason/lover or scum, you are on your own. No one is 100% town until they flip.

No, not 100% sure, but as a gambling man, I'd say I'm fairly sure they're not scum. Scum try to hide, not hide in plain sight by getting involved in stupid fights that just bring attention to themselves. Even if they "win", they don't win because if the other party gets lynched and flips town, then next lynch will be them.

Also, one fifth of the player list could be town, you know why? Because town makes up roughly 4/5s of the player list. So, numberswise, probability favours my view that these 5 could all be town versus even at least one of them could be scum.

I would be open to a Burb lynch though, Burb has been very quiet and is playing quite similar to how he played when we were scummy mates in pop mafia.

Vote: Burbeting

I am going to tie my colours to the mast now and saw please don't lynch crab or swamped, that is a town vs town fight. If one does flip scum, THEN LYNCH ME because my reads are crap.

Kyanrute

Quote all the posts from day two where you have actively pursued those reads. Quote all the posts where you do active work to engage with those whom you suspect in order to solidify your reads. Quote all the posts where it can be seen that you are processing your reads instead of faking everything.

Because there aren't that many of those posts.

hey there is search, top of the page

search the posts, look for them, or are you saying you find none

yeah, you are useless, you can't even do the thing you wrote

i at least did my homework when i signed up for this dance class

There is no progression in your thoughts and when accused of it, all you can do is to lash out like this. How townie is that?

Fuck inactives? Holy shit do you even follow the discussion, Mr. I Look After My Scum Reads?

DUNDUNDUNNNN

see i know how to use the "search"

do you?

Why should I give you anything when you are giving me none?

Textbook siege defense, never open the gates

You're some kind of Bomb Role, aren'tcha

Burbeting

Banned
The flabby slapping contest between the two of you isn't going anywhere. You are just creating lot of smokescreen for scum to sit in.

If there is something scummy in Vere's actions, then that point has been already brought out, Kyan.

Kyanrute

No but really, why do people complain about the discussion instead of participating in it? It is scummy as hell to come up with "waaaa stop posting" if all one follows then up with is "maybe scum, maybe not".

So Kawl, Burb, those opinions please.

Burbeting

Banned
No but really, why do people complain about the discussion instead of participating in it? It is scummy as hell to come up with "waaaa stop posting" if all one follows then up with is "maybe scum, maybe not".

I'm going through all of Verelious' posts right now, partly due to there being a push for him, while my read on him is completely null. I'll come back with my notes once I'm done.

Verelios

You're trying hard as hell to steer discussion away from Crab when he seems to have given up

Kyanrute

You're trying hard as hell to steer discussion away from Crab when he seems to have given up

I'm trying hard as hell to steer the discussion towards the way I want it going, yes. It is almost as I am playing the game.

almost only since some room must be left for shitposting

Top Bottom