• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

What are you going to do tomorrow if Stanley flips town?

You didn't ask me but I'm bored, so I'll say: I'll do two things if Stan flips town (and I survive): I'll say something really smug* and then I'll holler at ttk, who owes errbody something.

*dunno what yet, but it might be a gif of Louise or something

You didn't ask me but I'm bored, so I'll say: I'll do two things if Stan flips town (and I survive): I'll say something really smug* and then I'll holler at ttk, who owes errbody something.

*dunno what yet, but it might be a gif of Louise or something

TTK owes everybody something right now.

He's scum and he's trying to find a way for us to not lynch his scumrad Stanley

I don't want to believe it

I mean look at him

How can you not trust this face?

image.php

I don't think we lose much by waiting a day. We maybe mislynch. We suffer another nk, maybe. It sucks, but we find out about Stan and put that to bed, one way or another, and then we have new leads.

Sophia

Day 5 votes

dr. worm (0)
timetokill 3565 (3838)

nomadic sparks (0)
launchpadmcq 3589 (3712)
stanleypalmtree 3614 (3937)

timetokill (4)
dr. worm 3633 (3945)
hey_monkey 3634 (3775)
palmer_v1 3691 (3949)
hey_monkey 3826 (3935)
launchpadmcq 3828 (3835)
timetokill 3838 (3990)
isaacnukem 3926
stanleypalmtree 3937
palmer_v1 4016
launchpadmcq 4023

launchpadmcq (1)
skyodin 3700
nomadic sparks 3701 (3752)
darryl 3751 (3855)

lifeline (0)
nomadic sparks 3752 (3886)
hey_monkey 3775 (3784)

stanleypalmtree (5)
lifeline 3762
darryl 3855 (3880)
darryl 3944 (4054)
dr. worm 3945
acohrs 4008
hey_monkey 4012
timetokill 4013

darryl (0)
acohrs 3812 (3920)

novote (0)
darryl 3880 (3944)

isaacnukem (0)
acohrs 3920 (4008)

blu_1496869200.png

Darryl

Banned
Vote: Stanleypalmtree

Let's let Launch hammer. So he can be the one to put his teammate down. You deserve it after all of the bussing you've done. Hopefully this is a moment of introspection for you

Darryl

Banned
It's a shame when people let their team mates down so brazenly but it happens. It was fun till you got caught, Launch, but it always catches us eventually

Sophia

... or perhaps the fate of GAFia was going to be delayed a bit? After a few hours of back and fourth, people couldn't come to an agreement. YesNOnoNOYes was fast asleep in her chair, and the look upon Retro's face simply said it all: "Please end this."

But within the darkness, a lone voice raised up, bring a seemingly wise suggestion to the forfront.

"I think Stanley's responsible!" claimed the voice, as if a light bulb had suddenly gone off in their head.

"Me?" mused Stanley, as he stood up. His manner of dress quickly established him as a stern man of prestigious caliber, and also established him as someone who was probably stern and a bit cross.

"Yeah, you've been quiet all this time and laying low! It's inexcusable!" shouted the voice back.

The other voices began mumbling, as people nodded into agreement. The group quickly seemed to be turning on Stanley. But a fire had lit up in his eyes, as if his moment had came...

"That, my fellow citizens, is simply preposterous! Allow me to demonstrate, to all of you simple minded but well meant individuals, the many reasons why I am simply cannot be responsible!"

And so, the great professor, Stanley Palmtree, proceeded to go on and on for the next hour. It was actually rather boring, so there's really no need to describe all of it. It involved lectures, pie charts, graphs, logic, books. The whole works, really. Yet he did manage to convince all of his fellow folks that there was in fact, no logical reason for why he should be responsible.

With that, the group was no closer to figuring out the truth then they were several hours earlier. To break the monotony, Retro went and gathered some snacks and drinks for all. Maybe that was what they needed?

Nobody has been lynched!

Day 5 ends

Night 5 ends in:

bla_1496955600.png

Night actions will be locked two hours before day start.

DAY 5 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

StanleyPalmtree (7)
Lifeline 3762
Darryl 3855 3880
Darryl 3944 4054
Dr. Worm 3945
acohrs 4008
hey_monkey 4012
timetokill 4013
Darryl 4066
LaunchpadMcQ 4071

timetokill (3)
Dr. Worm 3633 3816
hey_monkey 3634 3775
Palmer_v1 3691 3949
hey_monkey 3826 3935
LaunchpadMcQ 3828 3835
timetokill 3838 3988
isaacnukem 3926
StanleyPalmtree 3937
Palmer_v1 4016
LaunchpadMcQ 4023 4071

LaunchpadMcQ (1)
SkyOdin 3700
Nomadic Sparks 3701 3752
Darryl 3751 3855

Nomadic Sparks (0): LaunchpadMcQ 3589 3712, StanleyPalmtree 3614 3937

isaacnukem (0): acohrs 3920 4008

Darryl (0): acohrs 3812 3920

Lifeline (0): Nomadic Sparks 3752 3886, hey_monkey 3775 3784

Dr. Worm (0): timetokill 3565 3838

No active vote for Day 5: Nomadic Sparks (has previously voted)

Day 5 Postcount: acohrs 17, Darryl 59, Dr. Worm 61, hey_monkey 101, isaacnukem 10, LaunchpadMcQ 82, Lifeline 13, Nomadic Sparks 22, Palmer_v1 36, SkyOdin 33, StanleyPalmtree 22, timetokill 48

Majority is reached at 7 votes

Sophia

Sorry for the late start, everyone. I got sidetracked for a few minutes ><;

But when Retro got back with a crate of snacks, it seemed disaster had struck. Instead of the members of the council being at their podiums, they were circled around, clearly viewing something. Retro knew right away from the chatter that something wasn't right.

"What's going on?" he pipped up, setting the crate down on the floor near the door. Without answering, everyone quickly formed an opening in the circle, and from there Retro saw a sight that made his insides turn. Even after all the absurdity today, he still wanted to throw up.

It was Palmer's body.

Retro could only let out a small "How?" from his voice, as he looked upon the dead body and used one of the podiums to stand up straight. His body was mangled and beaten to a bloody pulp. Whoever killed him made sure they did their finest to ensure he was dead, because the injuries looked severe even to a layman. He didn't have to wait long for an answer, before a voice popped up and informed him.

"It was the lights. They all went out. Next thing we heard was a struggle, a whole lot of cursing from Palmer, and then it all went silent. When the lights came back on, we found him like this..."

"Hm..." mused Retro, displeased by the lack of a description. If he hadn't seen all the heads basically silently confirming it, he probably wouldn't have believed it. Regardless, now they had yet another mystery to solve.

Palmer_v1 has been killed

The war to end all wars is here

Welcome to Pineapple Pizza Mafia.

You are The Casual Pizza Lover Who Only Has It Once a Month

You are aligned with the town

You like Pizza, yes. But you're not obsessed with it. You have it once in awhile, but keeping your weight in check is more important. So you only have it once a month. Therefore, you are a vanilla townie.

You may vote on who to remove during the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, and make Pizza lovers everywhere proud!

Day 6 begins

Majority is 6

Night 6 begins in:

tur_1497128400.png

a pretyped post to save you all from rambling too much over how scummy my survival is, how swell of me.

okay, first of all,
dogpiling on a guy right after he goes to sleep, thats just plain unsportsmanlike.

secondly, i am That Person Who Doesn't Like Pizza
1-shot lynch proof.
obviously now completely lynchable,
i was going to reveal when it started looking like i was actually going to be lynched (which i thought was going to be this day phase, not last), i really didn't expect so many to suddenly buy into Darryl / LL's ravings, but here we are.

Thirdly, To Lifeline,
told you so.
kinda.

Fourthly, To Darryl
there is a lot i would really really like to say, but i already got much too heated/insulty yesterday, and i dont want to continue that trend, so i will settle for this.

you're dumb.

but, i still think your probably town, so please, lets move on.

Fifthly. (is it even fifthly? im not usually organised for my lists to get this far)
vote: Nomadic sparks

okay, first of all,
dogpiling on a guy right after he goes to sleep, thats just plain unsportsmanlike.

buncha assholes playing this game.

But Stan, can I say how funny it is you came out with a list after Professor Stan in the flavor? It's funny.

I'm sorry we tried to throw you in the volcano. But there are serious shenanigans afoot and some people got some things to do. Some 'splainin. Because from my reading since the goings-on, I'm assuming that is pretty much a town confirmation for Stan, because lynchproof scum is just mean and our robit overlord wouldn't do that to us, right?

And it's timetokill's moment in the spotlight.

SkyOdin

Thanks for the quick explanation on what happened, Stanley, that saves us some time. Also, sorry for suspecting you. I never actually moved my vote onto you, but I did play a part in turning thibgs against you. I only wish that people had jumped onto lynching Launchpad instead.

When you get back, can you go over your reasons for suspecting Nomadic Sparks again? Does it mostly depend on that really ofd doctor claim?

Also, timetokill, I think it is time for a better explanation of your soft-role claim, now that you have had the one day you requested. I think we all know what you were hinting at, but I want you to explain things straightforwardly.

SkyOdin

Hey_monkey, I would also like to think that only a townie would have something as powerful as one-shot lynchproof. So I think it is reasonably safe to consider Stan town.

Hey_monkey, I would also like to think that only a townie would have something as powerful as one-shot lynchproof. So I think it is reasonably safe to consider Stan town.

Which, speaking of, I think I promised something re: the vote, so like a good monkey, I will deliver.

giphy.gif

I don't know. Sounds like a rogue to me. If I couple that with Darryl's ominous post("Stanley won't flip town"), seems like Darryl's scum. But I don't know any of these for sure, so I'm just going to leave this here for now.

And RIP Palmer, who seems like an awfully odd choice for the NK considering he's been in favor of some unorthodox calls, but we'll dig into that, I'm sure. I'm very interested in hearing from ttk and Darryl.

I don't know. Sounds like a rogue to me. If I couple that with Darryl's ominous post("Stanley won't flip town"), seems like Darryl's scum. But I don't know any of these for sure, so I'm just going to leave this here for now.

thats doesnt really make sense, darryl being scum wouldnt mean he knows wither im neutral or town, just that im not scum, unless they had an alignment cop. but even then, if i was neutral then pushing for me wouldnt really help them would it?
its much more advantageous for them to get town lynched, and darryl would have come out looking completely wrong either way, since his whole argument was that i was specifically acting 'scummy', not anti-town or whatever you would call suspicious neutral behavior.
no i think darryl is just a town that tunneled way way too hard.

Thanks for the quick explanation on what happened, Stanley, that saves us some time. Also, sorry for suspecting you. I never actually moved my vote onto you, but I did play a part in turning thibgs against you. I only wish that people had jumped onto lynching Launchpad instead.

When you get back, can you go over your reasons for suspecting Nomadic Sparks again? Does it mostly depend on that really ofd doctor claim?

Also, timetokill, I think it is time for a better explanation of your soft-role claim, now that you have had the one day you requested. I think we all know what you were hinting at, but I want you to explain things straightforwardly.

the combination of being extremely deliberately useless in the early game, suddenly a "im the doctor, but not anymore, and i didn't help anyone anyway" doctor claim, then onto continued useless behavior.

it just screams bullshit and im surprised at how many seem fine to just let this slide

thats doesnt really make sense, darryl being scum wouldnt mean he knows wither im neutral or town, just that im not scum, unless they had an alignment cop. but even then, if i was neutral then pushing for me wouldnt really help them would it?
its much more advantageous for them to get town lynched, and darryl would have come out looking completely wrong either way, since his whole argument was that i was specifically acting 'scummy', not anti-town or whatever you would call suspicious neutral behavior.
no i think darryl is just a town that tunneled way way too hard.
Oh right. I assumed scum knows who the rogue is, especially with a power like that.

Just humor me. Someone say is bulletproof and lynchproof. One way for the game designer to balance that is to make one party know what someone is. But I guess this is bastard design, so yeah, let's move on.

SkyOdin

And RIP Palmer, who seems like an awfully odd choice for the NK considering he's been in favor of some unorthodox calls, but we'll dig into that, I'm sure. I'm very interested in hearing from ttk and Darryl.
It is a little strange. I suppose the suspicion on Palmer over his claim has cooled a lot, so scum gave up on trying to get him lynched. It is also possible that scum was nervous about a doctor blocking their kill, and tried to aim at someone less likely to be protected.

SkyOdin

the combination of being extremely deliberately useless in the early game, suddenly a "im the doctor, but not anymore, and i didn't help anyone anyway" doctor claim, then onto continued useless behavior.

it just screams bullshit and im surprised at how many seem fine to just let this slide
That certainly has some merit. I do notice that Nomadic Sparks didn't have a vote on anyone at the end of Day 5, despite some votes made earlier. That might reflect a disinterest in the outcome of the vote.

Top Bottom