• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Downloaded the Character Creator and made the template for my character. Ran the benchmark and got a 7262 score with everything maxed. Feeling confident and looking forward to some MMO-action.

Qvoth

creation.png

quite satistied how she ends up

_woLf

Ugh, I like everything about seekers of the sun... except the cat eyes. Prefer the ones seekers of the moon have.

I can't seem to get the same skin tone I had on my seeker of the moon character this time. I feel like they're all darker...

edit: here's what I got so far:

WolvenOne

Okay, just a quick follow up on some of the things I mentioned earlier tonight.

Long story short, the odd frame drops aren't due to the Phenoms II poor single-thread capabilities, it's because its a Quad without hyper-threading. I'm not maxing out the CPU, or even getting more than 68% load on a single core. So assuming that its the CPU at all, the culprit would have to my my CPU's complete inability to handle more than 4 threads simultaneously.

Ugh, I like everything about seekers of the sun... except the cat eyes. Prefer the ones seekers of the moon have.

I can't seem to get the same skin tone I had on my seeker of the moon character this time. I feel like they're all darker...

edit: here's what I got so far:

She's pretty.

I'm not sure if you're trying to get a lighter skin tone or a darker one, your post is confusing the names of the Sun and Moon kitties.

Okay, just a quick follow up on some of the things I mentioned earlier tonight.

Long story short, the odd frame drops aren't due to the Phenoms II poor single-thread capabilities, it's because its a Quad without hyper-threading. I'm not maxing out the CPU, or even getting more than 68% load on a single core. So assuming that its the CPU at all, the culprit would have to my my CPU's complete inability to handle more than 4 threads simultaneously.

Nope. Core i5's don't have HT either and they kill AMD equivalents on all the benchmarks. There are actually well-documented cases where turning HT off on i7 machines makes game benchmarks actually score higher.

Yu Narukami

Anyone still hasn't received his mail from Square? I'm a little worried.

Sorry for quoting myself for this new page, but I'm getting a little paranoid since I was in beta 3 and haven't received a mail yet.
I just wanted to know if anyone is in the same situation.

WolvenOne

She's pretty.

I'm not sure if you're trying to get a lighter skin tone or a darker one, your post is confusing the names of the Sun and Moon kitties.

Nope. Core i5's don't have HT either and they kill AMD equivalents on all the benchmarks. There are actually well-documented cases where turning HT off on i7 machines makes game benchmarks actually score higher.

Yeeeeah, but do i5's get through this benchmark without having intermittent drops in the FPS? Considering I'm getting 70-80-90 and even 100FPS in some scenes, but dropping down to the 30 range in others, there's gotta be a bottleneck somewhere, but the cores on my CPU aren't being maxed out.

With this sort of behavior, I rather doubt its the GPU. The CPU should be the most likely culprit.

Jinko

Eh, I like both SAO and AoT for what they are. The only thing that annoys me is when people become both obsessive over them, and elevate them far above where they deserve.

I mean, heck, I liked Naruto too for the most part. Naruto FANS on the other hand, drove me nuts.

Agreed, some people get too caught up in what is basically just a cartoon/comic at the end of the day.

Agreed, some people get too caught up in what is basically just a cartoon/comic at the end of the day.

Gotta also remember that they are most likely kids or manchildren, and that is what shonen is aimed at and targets. Can only imagine the terrible names I would use if I played mmorpgs back when I was like 10 and thought DBZ and FF6 were the coolest thing ever.

UrSuLeTzU

y0oj.jpg

Finally repaired my 1200W PSU and got around to try the new bench. Pretty decent I guess, with some light overclocking. Is SLI enabled for this bench?

UrSuLeTzU

629l.jpg

That's more like it xD. This time I did some heavy OC(took my cpu at 4.01Ghz) and put it on borderless windowed. But still, +4000 points.. how is that even possible?

Rektash

Nope, I let it ran it's course. I just redid the bench on fullscreen and got only 7500 points.. this is really strange...

Character benchmark does some funky stuff sometimes. A score of 7500 sounds more realistic tbh since your graphics card isn't exactly top of the line. For reference I get around 10500-11000ish with an i5@4.2Ghz and a GTX 670.

Khrno

Finally repaired my 1200W PSU and got around to try the new bench. Pretty decent I guess, with some light overclocking. Is SLI enabled for this bench?

That's more like it xD. This time I did some heavy OC(took my cpu at 4.01Ghz) and put it on borderless windowed. But still, +4000 points.. how is that even possible?

SLi is enabled for the benchmark. The second score is with SLi on right?

UrSuLeTzU

SLi is enabled for the benchmark. The second score is with SLi on right?

Yes, I have two MSI 560GTX Ti in SLI, hence the need for such a high powered PSU. Weird thing is that SLI was enabled in both fullscreen and borderless windowed(which was oddly fullscreen also). Maybe I should switch to win8 on my main desktop since I already have it on my laptop and work computer. Can anybody tell me if they noticed any major differences between win7 and win8 concerning gaming performance?

I'm pretty surprised at all the Roe love on GAF. The big races are usually the most unpopular races in the FF games, lol. I mean, even if I'm not a big fan of them, I think it's great some of you plan on making one. It would be so boring if everyone was a cat man/woman and lalafell. :p

Animekatt

I'm actually most interested in being a carpenter. I read that it plays into some of the housing aspects, so I thought that would be useful for the GAF FC when we acquire some property.

I was thinking of doing carpentry/botany next, for the reasons you listed. Will be very helpful to have many people who can build furniture and such for everyone. I'm level 15 for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom