• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The only difference between a legacy server and a normal one is that legacy servers have 1.0 characters on them already and normal servers only allow ARR characters. Anyone can start a new ARR character on either.

Well yes, that I understood, but I thought it would be more likely to find gaffers new to the game like I will be instead of people already experienced with the game and less prone to share adventures with a newb (also usually less fun for both parties involved), I like it better when both me and my fellow party members are finding out/exploring the game and it's mechanics fresh.
That said, I fear I'd get terrible ping = lag if joining Ultros NA server (I'm in Italy).

Awesome, thanks. I wonder why stores don't mention it (reason why me and many gaffers on the previous page were in the dark about it)

Btw, quoting for fellow peeps who were unsure like I was:

"Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99."

I've ordered the game, wish me luck... My first MMO :D

I'm curious how long it'll take SE to fix this. Seeing as there are major bugs they really need to figure out a fast solution in case it happens again.

scosher

TBH, login issues and server stress were to be expected.

I'm more surprised by the complete lack of customer support or communication from Square.

It's as if they hadn't hired anyone in NA to deal with server maintenance/customer tickets. And this being a Sunday means it won't get resolved any time soon either.

Berordn

Well yes, that I understood, but I thought it would be more likely to find gaffers new to the game like I will be instead of people already experienced with the game and less prone to share adventures with a newb (also usually less fun for both parties involved), I like it better when both me and my fellow party members are finding out/exploring the game and it's mechanics fresh.
That said, I fear I'd get terrible ping = lag if joining Ultros NA server (I'm in Italy).

Oh, well I wouldn't worry about that too much. Lots of legacy characters are going to be leveling new classes and out to experience the changed world, and there's still going to be a ton of new characters on every server regardless.

EU/NA are located in the same datacenter though, so if you're having latency issues on an NA server I don't think it actually changes anything to play on an EU one.

Teknoman

Awesome, thanks. I wonder why stores don't mention it (reason why me and many gaffers on the previous page were in the dark about it)

Btw, quoting for fellow peeps who were unsure like I was:

"Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99."

I've ordered the game, wish me luck... My first MMO :D

Someone said they were in Sydney last night, and was playing pretty lag free, so i'd imagine you'd be fine. That being said, no one is going to be experienced with anything no matter where you go, since even legacy players (new characters or not) still have to do everything low level players need to. That and the skills for the most part operate differently.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn wonder how exactly the 3102 error works. The fact they took the servers down and it's still effecting characters from before that time is weird.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Had a ticket go through pretty fast on the JP server:
nnLQO7g.png

Can't help.

Welcome to the 3102 club.

Yep I went back a couple of pages in this thread and saw people talking about a 3102 error sure enough I went to log in and the error code was 3102... what now? Is SE trying to fix this? I hope my character doesnt get erased when the EA comes up...

It's an open beta, you can ask for compensation if it happens in the actual release of the game but asking for some now is just silly.

I don't think it would hurt them to resolve the issues and extend the beta window. Personally I think it's pretty silly to do nothing when you have such a large amount of your user base suffer from this error in an "open beta" that's a week away from release.

Just to repeat something I did earlier;
- Had the 3102 error
- Created a new character in a different world, logged in on that character
- Logged out of the new character
- Switched back to original character and was able to log in

It worked for me, not sure if it will for anyone else, but worth a shot.

Yep, still 3102'd. At this point, they pretty much have to wipe.

Wouldn't go THAT far, yet. We don't know the cause of the issue or potential fixes for it. It could just be that a complete server shutdown/reset will fix it, but they're getting so much data from having this many concurrent users that it isn't worth doing that.

Berordn

- Had the 3102 error

For most of us, 3102 errors prevent you from making a new character in the same region. I can't make a character on NA/EU without getting the error but can on JP (but that does nothing to solve the problem).

logged into the lodestone and got this error:

"There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character."

Ouch.

Xavien

- Had the 3102 error

Tried this, 3102 trying to create character on different server :(

Dunan

The level 10 Fishing quest dialog has a Rocky/Eye of the Tiger reference. Best game.

I really am starting to like all the puns and pop culture references used in the dialog and particularly in the names of the quests. At first the lack of gravitas felt cheesy but it's growing on me.

Jinko

I would be willing to bet this is due to so many people going AFK and going to sleep, dev team should have had auto kick on idle characters for more than 30 mins or something.

I logged on this morning to half a FC still online but they were mostly afk sleeping.

Kemal86

I really am starting to like all the puns and pop culture references used in the dialog and particularly in the names of the quests. At first the lack of gravitas felt cheesy but it's growing on me.

I find it's not quite as "in your face" as World of Warcraft. There's no Haris Pilton selling handbags. Think they've got a good balance going on. There was a pretty good Otacon/MGS reference somewhere too.

Xavien

I would be willing to bet this is due to so many people going AFK and going to sleep, dev team should have had auto kick on idle characters for more than 30 mins or something.

Problem for me was trying to zone in Ul'dah, instantly got the 90000 error and now i guess my character is stuck between zones unable to be automatically logged off.

supergiz

I'm making a game out of this. Seeing if I can get a character on Japanese server to 20 before I can log in again from this login error on Ultros...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wouldn't go THAT far, yet. We don't know the cause of the issue or potential fixes for it. It could just be that a complete server shutdown/reset will fix it, but they're getting so much data from having this many concurrent users that it isn't worth doing that.

They should get all the data they need. That's cool. However, this is a major bug. It needs to be addressed and there is an issue of fairness at work here too. It's one thing to not have the time to log on, its another thing altogether when you are unable to log in due to their mistake.

I got the lancer to 20 and pugilist to 15, lancer logged out in the inn. Wanted to level my crafting but I'm not going to risk logging in and getting the 3102 error and missing out on rested xp.Think I'm done for the weekend.

ReaperXL7

They need to extend beta, they obviously not ready for release if its taking them days to figure out some of these errors. If beta ends with people still not being able to log in, I bet in early access this will be a problem again. It's not even fixed and beta is ending, so in order to know if it got fixed the only way to tell will be on early access or launch.

Well the other possibility is that this problem was created by SE and thats why they are not responding to the problem. I dont think its impossible that they themselves created this issue for the purpose of A) ensuring people dont go over a point of progress before the actual game comes out, or spend too much time in the game before that period, or B) targeting players based on length of time since initial sign in, and booting them after a specific point to make sure new players can get into the game some before the Beta closes.

These are obviously just theories on part, and it could just be a genuine technical bug, but the lack of any information is what makes me think it could be on purpose. The smart thing for SE would have been to make the open beta atleast a week long, because if these are real problems then it makes me feel the game is not ready for primetime. The random aspect to voice acting even within the main storyline, the server issues, various bugs I have read about, sound issues in general, etc.

Should be pretty curious to see how much they can fix before launch.

Aesthet1c

I doubt a wipe will be needed. I'm pretty sure a server reboot would fix this, but they are probably holding off on that until they figure out why people are getting 3102'd to begin with.

Zomba13

Did people have these 90k and 30whatever errors this much during previous phases of the beta?
I've had no issues during the Phase 3 or 4 so far (UK player, on NA server Sargatanas).
I agree that SE need to sort that stuff out and it probably does need longer in beta but I don't think anyone will get any kind of compensation. Maybe apply rested bonus to characters affected by issue (if they can tell for certain) but that is it. It's an open beta not release. They don't have to have the servers up and running and don't have to let people play. If people have problems playing they need to sort that out (the entire point of beta tests is to find bugs and issues and get them fixed before release).

I doubt a wipe will be needed. I'm pretty sure a server reboot would fix this, but they are probably holding off on that until they figure out why people are getting 3102'd to begin with.

I'm just surprised they didn't do that for the emergency maintenance. I think this is an NA/EU issue only (the 3102) either way if by some miracle I get in before it closes I'm moving my Galka butt to the Inn pronto

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Did people have these 90k and 30whatever errors this much during previous phases of the beta?
I've had no issues during the Phase 3 or 4 so far (UK player, on NA server Sargatanas).
I agree that SE need to sort that stuff out and it probably does need longer in beta but I don't think anyone will get any kind of compensation. Maybe apply rested bonus to characters affected by issue (if they can tell for certain) but that is it. It's an open beta not release. They don't have to have the servers up and running and don't have to let people play. If people have problems playing they need to sort that out (the entire point of beta tests is to find bugs and issues and get them fixed before release).
There was an error similar to it at one point but not on this scale and they fixed it almost right away, which is why I'm kinda shocked this isn't fixed already.

The old one was related to server congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom