• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 info coming Friday... aka Wednesday (scans pg4)

KingJ2002

but they did one thing right...

they took out single battle.

from what im thinking... this game might be ridge racers 2 HD

Pimpwerx

PepsimanVsJoe said:
The machine customization is new but everything else is sounding the same. 44 tracks but you have to take into account that'll include reversed and mirrored tracks so it's more like 11(and when you figure that Namco still takes pre-existing tracks and just moves pathways around it's down to what? 4? yeesh)
You might mean 22 tracks. I think reversed=mirrored. It's been that for every other racing game I've ever played anyway. If they really just mirrored a track (left becomes right) that would be very weak. Did that do that in any other RR game before? PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
You might mean 22 tracks. I think reversed=mirrored. It's been that for every other racing game I've ever played anyway. If they really just mirrored a track (left becomes right) that would be very weak. Did that do that in any other RR game before? PEACE.

Nope seriously there is a reverse(race the track backwards) *and* a "mirrored" option where basically left becomes right. It's an unlockable midway through RR6's singleplayer. It's so stupid I haven't even touched it. Can't remember if prior RRs have done it but I imagine the whole "mirrored" track was used before to trump up advertisements

Regular tracks!
Mirrored tracks!
Reverse tracks!
Mirrored + Reverse tracks!
Morning/mid-day/evening tracks!
Infinite numbers of tracks!

Pimpwerx

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Nope seriously there is a reverse(race the track backwards) *and* a "mirrored" option where basically left becomes right. It's an unlockable midway through RR6's singleplayer. It's so stupid I haven't even touched it. Can't remember if prior RRs have done it but I imagine the whole "mirrored" track was used before to trump up advertisements

Regular tracks!
Mirrored tracks!
Reverse tracks!
Mirrored + Reverse tracks!
Morning/mid-day/evening tracks!
Infinite numbers of tracks!
Oh god, I didn't know that at all. That's really cheap. :( PEACE.

The mirrored track thing goes all the way back to the first RR on the Playstation.

Regardless of mirrored and reversed, the 360 version has way more distinct tracks than any past installment. I'd expect the trend to continue.

duckroll

The 44 tracks only count normal and reversed tracks though, so it's 22 tracks. Otherwise yeah, other than machine customization it's proably really just RR6. :p

duckroll said:
The 44 tracks only count normal and reversed tracks though, so it's 22 tracks. Otherwise yeah, other than machine customization it's proably really just RR6. :p

Even if it were the same, the customization aspect alone makes a huge difference as it changes the gameplay completely.

Jonnyram

Well I was kind of bummed that there's no in-race shots, but certainly the fly-bys look to be up to the same level as the 360 ones. The menu interface is nice as always.

thirty

Banned
ugh. they need to get the hell back into ridge city and ditch this ridge universe crap ASAP. IMO there hasnt been a cool RR locale since R4 and RV.

DCharlie

Banned
looks like the X360 version but with way more "SEXY" in the environments.
Instant purchase.

(lol - like i won't be buying everything anyways! Bring on Mahjong next!)

icecream

Public Health Threat
up134004copyaz5.jpg

Looks good to me. :D

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I kind of hope that the machine customization aspect is some replacement for the increasingly misguided "car class" system in all the recent RR games. I hate how you really only have like 8 cars to play with at the fastest speed in RR6.

Perhaps ANY car in the game can be upgraded to a particular "class" to compete?

Other than the car class issues, if they just get rid of the overdone super jumps on some tracks, I'll be happy.

Oh, and fix the silly "only your car has headlights" at night thing.

Top Bottom