• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

amodf

I used to think Lightan was super broken because of his 360 grab.

But you can tech it on reaction by mashing f+c.

I think he's the worst character in the game.

DemiMatt

MANNNN this game is great, I found out I had 3.2 and played all day yesterday thanks to my local import shop!

However I have one question, does anyone know of any good ps to wii converters with next to zero lag? I just got some for ps2 to ps3, but I dont wanna buy a stick and well, the dpad sucks for gc, so anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Azuran

Banned
jibblypop said:
I saw this game sitting in a shop in Toronto! I couldn't believe it! So I bought it and put it in the wii and it doesn't work!
I have no idea how to make imports work =(

Name of store, location and price please.

Thank you.

DemiMatt

Hey guys, I bought the converter that it shown on page 1, post one, I noticed very little lag, although there were some issues when first hooking it up because of the analog function on my masstick.

As for the button layout im not sure what the proper one is, if someone could let me know thatd be great, otherwise I reccomend that converter, i got mine for 8 bucks!

xero273

DemiMatt said:
Hey guys, I bought the converter that it shown on page 1, post one, I noticed very little lag, although there were some issues when first hooking it up because of the analog function on my masstick.

As for the button layout im not sure what the proper one is, if someone could let me know thatd be great, otherwise I reccomend that converter, i got mine for 8 bucks!

button layout as in how it is setup in the arcades?

If so, here is the layout:

A B C
P

A, B, C are your attacks and p is calling your partner.

DemiMatt

xero273 said:
button layout as in how it is setup in the arcades?

If so, here is the layout:

A B C
P

A, B, C are your attacks and p is calling your partner.

thanks, there are alot of random buttons like a dash button that does supers and a taunt, so iw asnt quite sure.

DemiMatt said:
thanks, there are alot of random buttons like a dash button that does supers and a taunt, so iw asnt quite sure.

nope, there are only those 4 plus taunt (which is minus/select)

any other button assignment is a combination of those 4

Gagh, I really want this game but it seems like I can't get imports living in D.C. anymore. All of our mail goes through this screening center now for security reasons and the last couple items I ordered from Play-Asia never made it to me :(

I might see if I can find it next time I'm in N.Y.

AmishFerrari

Neo Member
I could have gotten my copy by now, why did i have to preorder Let's Tap.
It's that damn song in the trailer, plus i dont think i can turn down a playable box.

Askia47

Saint Gregory said:
Gagh, I really want this game but it seems like I can't get imports living in D.C. anymore. All of our mail goes through this screening center now for security reasons and the last couple items I ordered from Play-Asia never made it to me :(

Really? thats odd, i ordered something from Play Asia to DC and it was fine.

TreIII

MarkMan said:
Too bad Karas has the worst health/stamina :(

I say that's a GOOD thing.

If Karas had a good defense rating PLUS godly attack power, the guy would be pretty damn unstoppable.

At least with a low health ranking, you can stand to make Otaha PAY if he messes up. Most of Chun-li's BnB combos into her Level 3 are usually enough to take off any where between 50-75% of his health. :lol

But whatever....this game is awesome. I'm really hoping that Capcom will make more copies, because I'm STILL hearing complaints of there not being enough to go around for people to get.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TreIII said:
I say that's a GOOD thing.

If Karas had a good defense rating PLUS godly attack power, the guy would be pretty damn unstoppable.

At least with a low health ranking, you can stand to make Otaha PAY if he messes up. Most of Chun-li's BnB combos into her Level 3 are usually enough to take off any where between 50-75% of his health. :lol

But whatever....this game is awesome. I'm really hoping that Capcom will make more copies, because I'm STILL hearing complaints of there not being enough to go around for people to get.

Seriously...

jumpin/cr.A x2, cr.B. st.B, st.C, xx dp.super, sjc, into combo xx lvl 3 super = GOOOOOOODBYE

Xabora

Saint Gregory said:

Did you use USPS or Fedex/UPS?

This game kicks a lot of ass. I am really impressed with how much personality each character has. There are a lot of unique ways to play because of the moves.

Nost recent character I am digging is Tekkaman. I love grabbing people with his grappling hook and swinging them into the air only to grab them one more time and slam them into the ground.
Another deadly combo is to throw your lance at an enemy and then start up his normal Vol-tekka as it connects. Will fuck them up HARD.

I have been playing more with voltnutt and I still find myself changing weapons when I don't want to. But he is crazy good if you do things right. The addition of the perfect guard is pretty cool.

I actually love playing PTX. His dash forward attack is useful and he has some cool specials. I actually get giddy when the shotguns drop down onto his shoulders.

Souki is also really fun. I like the way some of his moves can be extended with the extra hit tech(forget the name but its the counter move in all the onimusha games). Plus his hcb counter move is really nice. Am I mistaken or can you actually do it right as the connect if you are guarding?

God this game kicks so much ass. My only problem atm is I am not 100% sure if my TV settings for the Wii are very complimentary to this game. I usually just tweak them a bit on my Bravia to get it looking perfect but I am just not too sure on this one. It seems like it looks better on some of the vids I see on gamersyde, etc.

This game is REALLY fun, and this is coming from someone who really doesn't know anything about most of the anime characters.

I really like that Capcom seems to have gone out of their way to make sure the roster wasn't just a rehash or too SF heavy.

This is a worthy Vs. successor so it's a real shame it almost assuredly won't be coming over.

Linkhero1

A Twisty Fluken said:
This game is REALLY fun, and this is coming from someone who really doesn't know anything about most of the anime characters.

I really like that Capcom seems to have gone out of their way to make sure the roster wasn't just a rehash or too SF heavy.

This is a worthy Vs. successor so it's a real shame it almost assuredly won't be coming over.
I had no idea who these anime characters were either, but I'm loving them, especially Casshern. I really hope they do have plans for a TvC 2 because this game's roster is awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Valkyrie Turn... most useless super ever?

And Lightan isn't the worst character! His 360 throw CANNOT be tech-hit (only his b/f fierce).

amodf

You can tech his 360 throw. I promise. Just mash it.

Before you could tech it, I thought he was retarded. Just walk up, reflect fireballs, land one random hcb+ attack, they're in the corner, you win since you can't jump out of his 360. But, you can tech it, so you can just spam whatever you want; he's not going to ever do any damage to you.

YOU CAN COMBO INTO HIS SNAPBACK THO! st. c->baroque, df+c->hcb+c wooooo

Valkyrie Turn has the same use in this game as it does in every other game, it's for runaway. But, yes, it's pretty useless in this game since the clock takes forever to run down and it's not hard to chase anyone down. If you don't hit a button to go into the drill, Morrigan's invincible during the entire super.

But this game's full of useless supers: Yatterman's unsafe dog rush super, Polymer's drill, Saki's bullet (just jump she can't shoot at the air anyway!), souki's lightning rush super (it takes wayyyyyy too long to get all the hits on that) and viewtiful joe's cannon are all just as bad.

jibblypop

Banned
Azuran said:
Name of store, location and price please.

Thank you.

Well not technically Toronto I guess. It was in Pacific Mall in Markham. No idea what the store is called.. Every store in that place that sells games looks the same to me. I paid 90 bucks for it which seems like a lot of money but I really had to have it when I saw it.

By the way thanks to all of you that helped me figure out how to make it work. I got it running now and it's incredible! :D

MarkMan said:
Seriously...

jumpin/cr.A x2, cr.B. st.B, st.C, xx dp.super, sjc, into combo xx lvl 3 super = GOOOOOOODBYE

I don`t know. It seems more like the level 3 super might not be worth it unless you use it off a spinning-bird kick due to the damage scaling.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Mockingbird said:
I don`t know. It seems more like the level 3 super might not be worth it unless you use it off a spinning-bird kick due to the damage scaling.

It isn't worth it... but it looks damn cool.

It's better to do her kick super into DHC alex hyper bomb lol.

Boss Doggie

Saki's bullet is unblockable and can be fired in midair AFAIK (she can fire her gun in the air).

Is this throw of Lightan you're referring to the one where he slams himself onto you? I thought he does the grab so fast that it's hard to tech hit it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jibblypop said:
Well not technically Toronto I guess. It was in Pacific Mall in Markham. No idea what the store is called.. Every store in that place that sells games looks the same to me. I paid 90 bucks for it which seems like a lot of money but I really had to have it when I saw it.

By the way thanks to all of you that helped me figure out how to make it work. I got it running now and it's incredible! :D

90 bucks? Good lord, they really raped you on the price. :lol

Linkhero1

I need some help GAF. I don't know how to switch between partners during an air combo. I've done it once or twice but I tried everything and can't do it anymore. Any help? thanks

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MarkMan said:
Too bad Karas has the worst health/stamina :(

But using his grappling chain -> flying kick -> extra attack move is fucking awesome, PLUS he chains attacks like mad. I honestly think he's one of the best characters in the game.

I also really love Casshern's air moves. air combo into a drill kick, or a downward smash into a flying knee and then baroque into a nice corner combo is satisfying.

I'm by no means an expert in fighters, but Casshern just seems really powerful to me. Friender seems kinda useless though.

Chairhome

I couldn't find anything when searching the thread, but does anyone know when you're supposed to press A at the end of Morrigan's mini-game? I keep getting "Miss".

Also, I just saw my brother do the cheapest thing against Yami. Using Chun-Li, he moved right next to Yami as the fight began, and continuously Lightning Kicked as soon as it started and Yami did nothing as his life whittled away to nothing. It worked on the 1st and 3rd forms.

amodf

Ookami-kun said:
Saki's bullet is unblockable and can be fired in midair AFAIK (she can fire her gun in the air).

It's unblockable, and you can fire it in the air, but you can only fire it downwards at a 45 degree angle or straight ahead; you can't fire it upwards, like Megaman can with his machine gun arm. It'd be okay if it didn't cost a super and was just a long charge; a bar for a 4000-5000 damage single shot, woo. And that takes away her B button bullet charge, which is one of the only good thing she has.

Saki's just a terrible character in general. She's a keep away character that can only control the space in front of her, which is useless in a game with 3-screen super jumps. Her laser's good, but she can't do it in the air; her grenades are absolutely awful (if you ever see one, jump straight up, air dash, biggest combo you have) and i'm not even sure they're safe on block to beam supers. She has no reach up close, her only low is low B, so even if you lock someone down with B button charge shot she can't really mix-up anything, can't do anything in the air and her level 3 is a counter, so she can't combo into it. Her assist is also useless. Except for the big monsters, she's probably the worst character in the game, which is sad. It feels like they were too afraid of her being Cable so they made her total garbage. Whereas Megaman can keep away all day with machine gun arm and backwards arm change, she can't do anything.

Ookami-kun said:
Is this throw of Lightan you're referring to the one where he slams himself onto you? I thought he does the grab so fast that it's hard to tech hit it.

The one where he picks you up and throws you. If you try and time it, it's hard to tech, so just mash whenever you see him pick you up. At least (unlike other Throw Techs) he can't be punished if he throws you in the corner, so that's a plus I guess!

Fun anti-Gold Lightan tricks! If you're Ryu and you see Gold Lightan dash (from anywhere on the screen!), throw a fireball and super cancel it into shinku hadouken! Instant dizzy! Also, if he hits you with low jab and doesn't mash it, do a shin shoryuken! His jab isn't safe on hit! What a great guy.

I don't understand why they didn't have any problem giving Ryu and Doronjo 4 special moves with fireball and dragon punch motions, but needed to give Yatterman a charge move. That stupid thing comes out whenever you want to use forward + B as anti-air, and that thing is useless as anti-air since they don't get grabbed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm loving this game. My Wii: not collecting dust this holiday!

My only complaint is the music for the fights. It's not that I dislike the composition (tons of the tunes are catchy, especially the Tatsunoko contributions), but the instrumentation is atrocious. And it's not even that I hate MIDI (I wuv The Wind Waker's soundtrack), but the MIDI used in this game sounds horrendous. It seriously sounds like they pulled the file from vgmusic.com and pasted it into the code of the game. Say what you will about Marvel VS Capcom 2's tunes, but as out of place as they were, they turned out pleasant to the ear.

The only two battle songs I think work are Roll's and Joe's themes. The menus are actually pretty cool, and I got to give them kudos for using the Can Can song for the credits.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Quick question: I have the homebrew channel and I'm on version 3.3U. Will I be able to play this on my unmodded American Wii if I buy it? Will I have to update it and do the Twilight Hack again? How are most of you playing it?

I really want this game.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4BrbISK-l4

Does Chun-Li have a fucking infinite? :(

Boss Doggie

amodf said:
The one where he picks you up and throws you. If you try and time it, it's hard to tech, so just mash whenever you see him pick you up. At least (unlike other Throw Techs) he can't be punished if he throws you in the corner, so that's a plus I guess!

Fun anti-Gold Lightan tricks! If you're Ryu and you see Gold Lightan dash (from anywhere on the screen!), throw a fireball and super cancel it into shinku hadouken! Instant dizzy! Also, if he hits you with low jab and doesn't mash it, do a shin shoryuken! His jab isn't safe on hit! What a great guy.

I don't understand why they didn't have any problem giving Ryu and Doronjo 4 special moves with fireball and dragon punch motions, but needed to give Yatterman a charge move. That stupid thing comes out whenever you want to use forward + B as anti-air, and that thing is useless as anti-air since they don't get grabbed.

Ah, then that's not his 360 grab. His 360 grab is Gold/Silver Press which cannot be tech'd and deals 12k damage.

Baroque Lightan is also win. Chain with Gold/Silver Kick = half vitals.

Lightan can block too. :p

Though I agree with Saki - heck, her assist is the worst.

Dacvak said:
Quick question: I have the homebrew channel and I'm on version 3.3U. Will I be able to play this on my unmodded American Wii if I buy it? Will I have to update it and do the Twilight Hack again? How are most of you playing it?

I really want this game.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4BrbISK-l4

Does Chun-Li have a fucking infinite? :(

Mega Crash > that. Also, damage scaling.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ookami-kun said:
Mega Crash > that. Also, damage scaling.

I'm not sure what "Mega Crash" is. =|

Also, I have a few more questions. First off, about that whole homebrew channel thing... Does that work? Will I have to update? Is it futureproof?

Secondly, on the Wii, can I use the Classic Controller?

Boss Doggie

Mega Crash - by consuming 2 levels and some portion of your life, you break your enemies combos.

As far as I know, once HBC has been installed, it cannot be deleted when updating.

And this game supports Wiimote, Wiimote + nunchuk, Classic Controller, and GC controller. GC controller support means PS2>GC controller adapters will work too.

Dacvak

Ookami-kun said:
Mega Crash - by consuming 2 levels and some portion of your life, you break your enemies combos.

So essentially, if you currently don't have your super bar filled at all, you CAN get stuck in an infinite?

Also, how's Viewtiful Joe? (Chun-Li looks broken as shit.)

Top Bottom