• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hori reveals Wii U line of accessories

Hobby

Hori have revealed a range of accessories for Wii U.

BsT8n.jpg

Lustrous screen protector (780 yen, December release): uses lustrous materials that prioritize image quality to preserve the Wii U gamepad's high image quality.

Fingerprint screen protector (780 yen, December release): blocks fingerprints and also makes it easier to remove fingerprints.

Standard screen protector (500 yen, December release)

Excellent screen protector (1980 yen, December release): 99.7% glare reduction, 96.8% see through, comes with microfiber cleaning cloth.

black, blue, or red soft Wii U gamepad pouch (1280 yen, December release).

Black, blue, or red hard Wii U gamepad pouch (1580 yen, December release)

Clear gamepad cover (980 yen, December release): polycarbonate cover.

Clear and clear black gamepad cover (1480 yen, December release): thermoplastic polyurethane cover.

Black and white gamepad cover (1480 yen, December release): silicon cover.

Set of 2 stylus' (680 yen, December release).

Stylus strap and holder (680 yen, December release).

Wii U gamepad in-ear headphones (1280 yen, December release): 1.3 meter cable, volume control, 3.5mm stereo miniplug.

Black or white gamepad cleaning cloth (680 yen, December release).

http://www.4gamer.net/games/017/G001762/20121018108/

Toki767

Will probably get one of the screen protectors. I think the earphones would've been better if there was a mic built in though.

I like those hard pouches. I didn't really think about it till now, but I won't be able to just throw the gamepad anywhere like I did with my other controllers...

Eusis

Why.... pouches? You can't bring it anywhere.
I'm guessing for people who want the controller protected while not in use. I could see that possibly being useful for some people, especially with kids around who are at least responsible enough to put it away after they're done playing.

Or taking it over to a friend's for some 2 Gamepad game, but that'll be awhile yet. Maybe taking the system around period, but I'd think an all in one case would be better there.

will get dat hori screen protector, have one on my 3DS XL and its great.

haha i am tempted to get the nerf armor for the gamepad, its not in the OP but since i plan on playing in bed or etc, what if i drop the gamepad D:

Majine

Banned
Is there no battery pack for this thing? Imagine on a trainride, just plug it into the console to the batterypack in your bag, and play on the gamepad. For many games, it would be kinda handicapped, but it would theoretically work.

MCD

Maybe they can do a better Pro controller, built in mic port and not dumb button placement.

Is there no battery pack for this thing? Imagine on a trainride, just plug it into the console to the batterypack in your bag, and play on the gamepad. For many games, it would be kinda handicapped, but it would theoretically work.

I've had this backpack plan from the beginning. I don't know how big of a freaking battery you'd need, but I planned to plug it into random outlets and play.

HD-VHS

Banned

Not with an optical drive.

Arc07

$25 (1980 Yen) for a screen protector... lol.

I guess it's comparable with the tablet protector prices. :/

Ban Puncher

I practised unsafe Wii waggle since launch and I'll be damned if I'm wrapping my WiiU gamepad in trashbags.

Bareback gaming all the way.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
prioritizes the Wii U gamepad's high image quality using lustrous materials.

best product description ever.

A wide assortment of screen protectors, huh.

I like the cases and pouches, though honestly I prefer getting things like that for $2 or $3 of eBay, Amazon, or a cheap Chinese site like DealExtreme.

Ive probably told you this before but omg I love you, your avatars, and username!

sorry for ot.

lol I recently watched Nana so I do, too. Amazing series.

Top Bottom