• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

Noi

The Cross-play beta is currently only available to PS3 PS+ users and all PS Vita users. Everyone else can join in on October 23rd (US) and 24th (EU). Beta ends on October 30th!

rIzzM.png

• Everyone is broken and needs nerfs.

• PS3 ver: Proper menu added, voice clips on character select added back in from the last Beta.
  • Kills now have a visual flash with the PS controller's iconic triangle/circle/square/X symbols floating in it.
  • Victory screen now has animated characters.
  • Announcer now calls out when a player can use a super, whether it's level 1, 2 or 3.
Gameplay:
  • Tutorial mode added that teaches the game's basic controls.
  • Vita version: Controls slightly changed. Supers are now performed by only pressing R, Items are picked up via touching the screen.
  • 2v2 play is now available via Party invites. PS3 players can invite Vita players and vice versa. Mics for the Vita version are turned on by default!
  • You can turn off mics from other players by pausing in the middle of the match and switching the options to off.
  • Sly Cooper is playable again, but nerfed via awesome taunt removal.

5P4Bl.png

Welcome to the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread! Post here to brag about your victories, tell fellow Gaffers that they're cheap and untalented Sly Cooper Kratos players, or simply share your mind about the game! Plenty of people have tried it out now and the general concensus is that it is a very fun game; even skeptics who assumed this was a blatant rip-off were convinced otherwise. Not only that, the online play is very smooth, asides from the occasional teleporting in certain matches. You can scroll down to read GAF impressions, character tactics, move lists, informative videos and the list of players who you can grief.

If you haven't kept up with the development of the game and have no clue what this game is about, I'll bring you up to speed real quick with this here section.​

• 4 player free-for-all/2v2 Team Battles
  • Win the 3-minute match by earning the highest score
  • Each kill is +2 points, each death -1
  • Points are hidden in the current modes until the victory screen to discourage people ganging up on one player and keep everyone guessing, but it's easy to tell whose winning by paying attention.
  • Kill opponents with super attacks
  • Keep attacking opponents to earn AP that fill your super gauge
  • Super gauge has 3 levels: level 1 supers are hard to kill with and level 3 supers the easiest

PS3 Version:
Left Analog Stick/D-Pad: Movement
Direction on Right Analog Stick: Throw
X: Jump
Square: Attack 1
Triangle: Attack 2
Circle: Attack 3
L1: Block
L2: Taunt
R1: Item pick-up/drop
R2: Super Attack
L1 + Left Analog Stick/D-Pad movement: Evading/Rolling

Vita Version:
Left Analog Stick/D-Pad: Movement
Direction on Right Analog Stick: Throw
X: Jump
Square: Attack 1
Triangle: Attack 2
Circle: Attack 3
L trigger: Block
R trigger: Super Attack
L trigger + Left Analog Stick/D-Pad movement: Evading/Rolling
Tap screen: Item pick-up/drop​

mmJNx.png

Here are links to profiles for the characters currently available in the beta. Each profile shows their official video, character info and legacy, as well as their entire movelist.
Click on a character to go to his/her profile!

This space is open for anyone that wants to contribute character pros, cons, or just general strategies for individual characters. Much has changed since the original beta, so it's time to relearn what we know!

8LhoJ.png

This Versatile Spartan Warrior Is Pissed Because This Game Isn't Rated M

tSXHD.png

The Up Close And Personal Rapper Who Will Make You Believe In Yourself

lO7on.png

A Thief That Leaves The Opposition Confused, Disoriented And Broke

fkrfo.png

This Colonel Has A Very Huge Personal Space And Will Shoot Anyone Who Enters It

ewRSW.png

Assassin, Racer And A Clown: This Tough Guy Has Quite A Resume

uI13t.png

The Above Average Princess Who Can Work The Crowd

1XmxD.png

Below are some official description videos by Sony. They briefly explain moves, strategies and fighting styles of the characters. Very useful, worth checking out for the beginners.

Kratos
Radec
Fat Princess
PaRappa
Sly Cooper
Sweet Tooth

XhKTB.png

Post your impressions and I'll routinely add them here, whether positive or negative!​

I finally played the beta at my friend's place. I am now a believer.

pkWq4.png

Banner is self-explanatory, post your info in the thread and I'll add it to the list. For the sake of convenience, follow this layout (don't forget to bold):

Your GAF name / PSN ID / Country

The only way to currently play with other users is on teams of 2, but this is likely to change for the full release.​

k_Reign / k_Reign / US
The Grim Heaper / TheGrimHeaper / US
JStein0222 / jsnake22 / NA
TimeEffect / Alpha-Male22 / NA
SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
MyMyAxaco / GottaBeat / NA
jondabomb / jondabomb / NA
Tribal24 / Tribal24 / NA
Jonboy / jonboy_jlf_2004 / NA
jtir123 / jtir123 / NA
baekshi / sharingan_itachi / us
Noi / Noisama / US (PR)
Drago / PokeDrago / US
Fancy Corndog / Malpractice / US
Jakfu / Jafku / US
LuuKyK / LuuKyK / Brazil
Miutsu / Miutsu / Venezuela
PSY・S / SuP3RiViAIN / US
Solidus51 / solidus51 / east coast USA
Tagg9 / TaggSte / BC, Canada
Ploid 3.0 / Ploid / Central USA
Cyborg009 / Jimmy-DeBABA / USA
IntelliHeath / IntelliHeath / US
SykoTech / SykoTech / US
CryoLombax / Timberland2K7 / US
Gorillaz / EboyWasHere / US
Oyashiro-Sama / FFVIIguy / US
thepotatoman / thepotatoman / US
ScraftyDevil / emeraldphoenix7 / Canada
Man-is-obsolete / Man-is-obsolete / USA
Figboy79 / Figboy / US
xkillthemx / killthem16 / NA
paskowitz / thepatriots / US
lolez2matt / lolez2matt / Chile
Kal Balboa / FoomMan / USA
Pai Pai Master / PaiPai / USA
libregkd / libregkd / USA
B.O.O.M / rathne / U.S.A
cool_trainer / cool_trainer / USA
Byronic Hero / MAST2DAA / US
Mik_Pad / mik_pad / US
SuperSonic1305 / SuperSonic1305 / Canada
Thoraxes/Thoraxe619/US​

Drencrom / Drencrom / Sweden
Acquiescence / Acquiescence / England
Napalm_Frank / NapalmFrank / Fin
Grokbu / Grokbu_2 / Sweden
TurkishEmperor / TurkishEmperor / EU
#1 defender / everlong416 / EU
Leezard / Fysik-orange / Sweden​

Tsunamo / JayTooCool / Australia​

Dhs55.png

Noi

Don't be afraid to yell at me if I left out some changes that need pointing out. I edited the previous OP to the best of my ability!

Is Crash available in the beta or do I need to wait for the full game?

Kickstarter-only reward for the $1M dollar tier. You pay Activision's licensing fees to get him in the game!

baekshi

Banned
Don't be afraid to yell at me if I left out some changes that need pointing out. I edited the previous OP to the best of my ability!

Kickstarter-only reward for the $1M dollar tier. You pay Activision's licensing fees to get him in the game!

kick start sony's ip owned character also.

Drago

cyborg009 gave me a PS+ code for a free month a few days ago and I still have yet to use it due to me being a fat lard / having to enter cc info for a free month is yucky :I

Anyone else want it to get in on the beta a bit early? I'm ok with waiting a few more days :)

first to quote gets it

cyborg009 gave me a PS+ code for a free month a few days ago and I still have yet to use it due to me being a fat lard / having to enter cc info for a free month is yucky :I

Anyone else want it to get in on the beta a bit early? I'm ok with waiting a few more days :)

first to quote gets it
Ill take it? :D
Would be greatly appreciated.

Duffyside

Banned
Just played my first match. If it ends with "the Matchmaking servers are currently unavailable," that means everyone quit because I won, right?

Grokbu

Sorry, maybe I should've mentioned before you posted the thread, but do you think you could change my PSN ID in the OP to "Grokbu_2" (without quotation marks, of course), please?

EDIT: Thank you very much! :)

whitehawk

Banned
Been playing this on the Vita a lot recently. Kratos is overpowered, and the Killzone guy's long range gun needs to be nerfed.

Degen

I was definitely impressed when I played it a few hours ago. Sweet Tooth is the man

Online play is really smooth and nothing in the game stood out as either overpowered or not very good

North America/South America/Canada
lol "North America/South America/Texas" would be even better

Noi

Fighting 3 Kratos as Radec is suffering, yikes. Spent most of my time hiding under a waist-high wall...

Noi

Just won a game where I accidentally picked Kratos and did nothing but level 1's, and won against two Kratos who both used their level 3's and a Radec that did nothing. Don't underestimate those level 1 supers!

Accept my friends request and let's team up.

List was full, send it again!

Just won a game where I accidentally picked Kratos and did nothing but level 1's, and won against two Kratos who both used their level 3's and a Radec that did nothing. Don't underestimate those level 1 supers!

List was full, send it again!

Send me one, it won't let me. Same PSN I'd as here.

Time Effect is good beta tester.

:D

Man I should take a break lol

Excellent first comment too, good to see new believers. Thread title should have been "Superbot Makes. Believe" because I do think this beta has convinced more people than not

Also, judging by ratings left on PSN:

200 ratings for PS3 version
800+ ratings for VITA

More people are playing this on the VITA!? :O

whitehawk

Banned
:D

Man I should take a break lol

Excellent first comment too, good to see new believers. Thread title should have been "Superbot Makes. Believe" because I do think this beta has convinced more people than not

Also, judging by ratings left on PSN:

200 ratings for PS3 version
800+ ratings for VITA

More people are playing this on the VITA!? :O
I think the PS3 version is PSN+ exclusive, whereas the Vita version is available for everyone. Probably because the amount of PSN+ subscribers who also own a Vita are ridiculously low..

Archon473

Fighting 3 Kratos as Radec is suffering, yikes. Spent most of my time hiding under a waist-high wall...

I had a match like that but it taught me the most. Also fought a three-way Radec mirror that was simply bonkers.

Archon473/Archon473/North America

One true pairing. ;)

So that we don't leave you shamed like the -12 team we just beat up? Okay. ;D

Yea we were on fire. I love how harassed those radecs were. Dude couldn't shake me off him. You didn't even have to worry about them. Lol.

I did notice that you as radec drew the attention of at least one character, which made my level 2 much harder to execute so I should have settled for more level 1 supers and taken single kills when I could get them.

I love Radec. He isn't hard to beat

Block and roll are your friend against Radec. His shots are easy to time because they have such a long wind up too

Superbot needs to address the issue of clone colours. If you have two players playing the same character the second alt should be a COMPLETELY different colour. Take Fatty P, I was playing some 2v2 and I was constantly going after my team mate's character because there was one Fatty that was pink and one that was a lighter shade of pink.

Alts need to have visually distinctive differences, that is the whole point so that you don't confuse characters. Fat Princess's immediate alt should be blue or green.

Sly Cooper has a silver alt with bits of blue. It doesn't look very different at all. Give him green, red or black

Kratos is hard cause the black one looks ridiculous

Radec's are all blacks with diferent spots of red or silver. Just make his whole suit a silver metallic, or bronze metallic

Parappa's is okay

Hopefully this issue will just be sorted out with proper alternate costumes in the final game

Won my first game playing the beta. Went against 2 radecs and a sly but the sly dropped out a minute in and left me alone against two radecs who seemed to be buddies because they were talking together on mic and laughing at me whoopin their asses. Just spamming that laser sight move, one on the left and one on the right side of the stage over and over and still managed to win. Bunch of dicks.

Game is really fast paced and I'm losing track of my character quite a bit.

Won my first game playing the beta. Went against 2 radecs and a sly but the sly dropped out a minute in and left me alone against two radecs who seemed to be buddies because they were talking together on mic and laughing at me whoopin their asses. Just spamming that laser sight move, one on the left and one on the right side of the stage over and over and still managed to win. Bunch of dicks.

Game is really fast paced and I'm losing track of my character quite a bit.
I think I ran into the same ones lol

Annoying pricks

jrDev

first to quote gets it
I'm in a similar boat...when it asked me to put CC info in, I was turned off, I will NEVER put any info like this in my consoles, no thanks.

If any one wants the code, they can PM me.

Thanks for generosity though chris.trejo.

Superbot needs to address the issue of clone colours. If you have two players playing the same character the second alt should be a COMPLETELY different colour. Take Fatty P, I was playing some 2v2 and I was constantly going after my team mate's character because there was one Fatty that was pink and one that was a lighter shade of pink.

Alts need to have visually distinctive differences, that is the whole point so that you don't confuse characters. Fat Princess's immediate alt should be blue or green.

Sly Cooper has a silver alt with bits of blue. It doesn't look very different at all. Give him green, red or black

Kratos is hard cause the black one looks ridiculous

Radec's are all blacks with diferent spots of red or silver. Just make his whole suit a silver metallic, or bronze metallic

Parappa's is okay

Hopefully this issue will just be sorted out with proper alternate costumes in the final game

Absolutely, Ridiculous that Radec's alt is another black suit. Give him bright ass Yellow, Pink, Green.

Tagg9

Does anyone else find playing 2v2 is a lot smoother (less lag) than FFA? The connection quality seems a lot worse compared to the earlier private beta (where it was... as smooth as butter).

Thoraxes

Ah man, thanks to finally reading an OP, I see it's free for all Vita users.

Downloading now.

I was just gonna pray to get in on PS3, but this works. (and i'm cross-buying anyways).

YoungOne

I'm in a similar boat...when it asked me to put CC info in, I was turned off, I will NEVER put any info like this in my consoles, no thanks.

If any one wants the code, they can PM me.

Thanks for generosity though chris.trejo.

I'll take that code if you still don't want it.

Top Bottom