• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread 2 - This may literally make you sick

Thoraxes

This game looks crazy good on the Vita. I was really surprised at the fidelity they managed. Super sharp.

Online was smooth too, so far.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This game is almost convincing me to buy a vita... the cross play is so damn smooth, literally the exact same experience on both consoles. Went out to eat tonight, was playing games on my cousins vita while waiting. Hopefully cross play expands in the future.

Either way anybody have a basic tier list of the characters available in the beta? Or at the least who is the worst by general consensus?

Noi

Either way anybody have a basic tier list of the characters available in the beta? Or at the least who is the worst by general consensus?

None. If anything, Sweet Tooth requires a tad more work to get kills for, but every character has their own pros and cons that make them all viable.

SSReborn

New things I've learned Sweet Tooth has the best downwards attacks from the air of anyone in the beta right now. He has his mines that he can throw down as a projectile or lay them down as a trap essentially or his ground stomp that launches opponents to be followed up by a shotgun blast and what I learned recently his neutral square. Now I don't know how well known this is (a regular Sweet Tooth user can tell me) but he has a neutral square from the air which is essentially a combo starter puts the opponent in a kneeled state in which he can follow up with anything else at that point.

Sly can completely crouch under Radec's Sniper fire I don't know whether it works for everyone (it didn't work for Sweet Tooth) so it needs testing with all characters.

warerare

I have EU PS Plus and have been playing the game, still not convinced it is a great game though, I just feel like I would rather be playing Smash Bros although they do seem like totally different takes on what is now a mascot fighter genre.

warerare/warerare/Wales

dc89

Played it on my Vita this morning for the first time and I really like it. Add me to the list I guess.

dc89/stiss/England

This game is so good. I'm trying not to play too much, because I still want it to feel fresh when it releases fully. But damn -- it's taking some serious willpower not to keep playing.

The netcode is great from what I've played too. Shame the game's been written off by many, but, whatever, I expect I'll be playing this game a lot over the next 12 months.

Gamespawn

I'm having a major issue with this beta. I'll pick Parappa and connect to a game. When everything loads, why am I now Kratos, or Sly. Basically everyone else but who I chose.

The actual gameplay is fun. When I don't get knocked off the server. And Radec needs some serious nerfing.

Gamespawn

They should also have the characters announce what level super they have instead of the announcer. It just makes sense.

How do you taunt in the Vita version?

These Radecs are literally sick,

iRZwzBqSUbmvV.jpg

depward

This game is so good. I'm trying not to play too much, because I still want it to feel fresh when it releases fully. But damn -- it's taking some serious willpower not to keep playing.

The netcode is great from what I've played too. Shame the game's been written off by many, but, whatever, I expect I'll be playing this game a lot over the next 12 months.
Feel exactly the same. Loving it and don't want to play the hell out of the beta.

Yea me too. I played this game a bit too much now. I played the first beta a lot back in july, played for a few days a few weeks ago and now this beta is even better but I want to keep playing.

Ran rp

Feel exactly the same. Loving it and don't want to play the hell out of the beta.

I've been playing since the first beta and it's never gotten old for me. The game is just too good. Besides, once the beta is over you'll have a 20ish day break for the official release.

PSY・S;43403739 said:
I've been playing since the first beta and it's never gotten old for me. The game is just too good. Besides, once the beta is over you'll have a 20ish day break for the official release.

This is a great way to look at, thanks for validating my addiction.

Plus when the retail game comes out you will have 14 more characters to learn and more importantly learn to face, and 12 more stages. Oh Dreamscape how I miss thee. Anyone else miss that stage?

Plus when the retail game comes out you will have 14 more characters to learn and more importantly learn to face, and 12 more stages. Oh Dreamscape how I miss thee. Anyone else miss that stage?

Lol!

Trust me this game will LOADS of content because like you said the full game based on what we do know will have the 14(or MORE) characters, more stages, more modes(Story mode and other leaked modes maybe.), and even more things we probably don't even know about.

Oh and I really do miss Dreamscape. I loved that level except for Buzz's part. I hope that level has alternate music because I REALLY wanted to hear this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzhLHd9jOtI
I seriously would just play on this level all day if this song made it into the game.
Song just has this certain feel to it that just gives me goosebumps. It's like the best game music I've heard in a WHILE. I could just imagine seeing the match start and hearing the beat come on and seeing Crash, Cloud, Sackboy and Nariko getting ready to duel to this music. Game would automatically be a 11/10 for me based on just this.

Great OT, but LOL at the banner at the bottom. Going to see if I can get online at some point today. I was torn on who I want to main, considering I haven't played so many other characters that haven't been available in the betas/trade shows but.. I think overall Radec is the personification of what my preferred playstyle is. Now my main goal is to get better at keeping everyone away from me, and to make sure there's always a grenade waiting to explode :)

Playing this on the Vita, love the game so far. It beautiful and runs smooth.

My issues are:

The menu system is really unattractive, which makes no sense in such an attractive game.

I wish you could use the DPad for movement. The Vita DPad is phenomenal (maybe you can, I didn't check in the menu), just tried during a match though.

I wish the characters were a little bigger on the screen/game.

I do not like seeing duplicate characters in a match. It's confusing and looks sloppy. Especially, when there are 4 players on screen (they're not rendered very big), all jumping around, it's hard to keep track of your own character because someone else is also Kratos. Then again, I don't want to disrespect player choice, so....I found it (for myself) more complicated in a match because of above.

None. If anything, Sweet Tooth requires a tad more work to get kills for, but every character has their own pros and cons that make them all viable.

ST's supers require some adjusting, I think his 2 and 3 and near worthless, but his one is fantastic. I enjoy playing ST solely to hit that super. His 2 can actually be used Radec-style to get insta-kills, if you are in the crowd and just pop it instantly, the radius is big enough to KO more than one person, but generally, his Super 1 is his best. I definitely think his 2 and 3 need to be more viable.

And he has great moves. Mine dropping always throws off my enemies, and the flamethrower is great to trap people for a partner's super. Also, I love using the throwing knife to stun an enemy in the air because they never expect that move.

Oh god yes, I miss Dreamscape SO much. But I wish the stage had more exciting LBP music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMGljB4MJ_w or the one coolbgdog linked. I like Buzz, but I like the level as it is, it's just so fun the way it is. I wish it was more like the concept art, in terms of the chockful of LBP content it had.

Lol!

Trust me this game will LOADS of content because like you said the full game based on what we do know will have the 14(or MORE) characters, more stages, more modes(Story mode and other leaked modes maybe.), and even more things we probably don't even know about.

Oh and I really do miss Dreamscape. .

I've poured hours into all the betas, it's all I ever play, and Im still not tired of this. When I get tired of one character, I go try another, then I go back to my original (Sweet Tooth) because I miss him so much. Only now am I getting used to Sly, and getting better with Parappa. Still haven't really messed around with Fat Princess.

So 14 more characters, new stages, new modes, I'm going to be playing this to no end.

I played the beta for the first time last night with a couple of my friends.

It was pretty much the best multiplayer gaming any of us had experienced in months. I was extremely impressed. I played with PaRappa all night long, and it was spectacular. One of my friends used Sweet Tooth, and the other Sly.

The gameplay feels great. I don't know how the rest of the characters and stages will change things, but I'm loving what I've experienced so far.

Top Bottom