• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season XIII |OT| January 15, 2014 8/7 Central #ThisIsReal

Status
Not open for further replies.
#American #Idol #Season #XIII #Returns #January #15 #2014 #At #8/7 #Central

SQykGZ9.gif

#Audition #Cities

#Austin
#Atlanta
#Boston
#Detroit
#Omaha
#San #Francisco
#Salt #Lake #City

#Judges #And #Host

#Host

#Ryan #Seacrest

#Judges

#Jennifer Lopez
#Harry #Connick #Jr
#Keith #Urban

#Please #Spoil #Tag #Spoilers
#Exclusive #Screener #January #14 #For #Select #Fans #More #Information #http://www.americanidol.com/news/wo...or-fans-across-the-country-tuesday-january-14

#Official #Site #http://www.americanidol.com/
#Twitter #https://twitter.com/americanidol/
#Facebook #https://www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol

This is the first season where none of the three original judges are judging. The show fell off once Simon left. It just wasn't the same.

MIMIC

Banned
I just wanna know why they brought Jennifer Lopez back. Her SOLE reason for being a judge is just to promote herself. And it's not like she was such an amazing judge last time that they just HAD to bring her back.

And in contract to previous seasons, I haven't heard a SINGLE SINGER SING during the promos. All I know is that the judges are so in love with each other (and other irrelevant bullshit).

I just wanna know why they brought Jennifer Lopez back. Her SOLE reason for being a judge is just to promote herself. And it's not like she was such an amazing judge last time that they just HAD to bring her back.

And in contract to previous seasons, I haven't heard a SINGLE SINGER SING during the promos. All I know is that the judges are so in love with each other (and other irrelevant bullshit).

I think that's the point. it's going to just be a comedy hour with Harry and Keith.

JCX

Oh was going to make this with the title "J.Lo Returns: American Idol XIII"

Least excited about idol I've ever been. Still not forgetting how J.Lo sandbagged Haley.

MIMIC

Banned
Idol day!

I'll never miss a season, but I am not particularly excited. There's no contestant buzz; it's just judges, judges, judges. -____-

Get comfortable because I will probably be complaining all season =p

Idol day!

I'll never miss a season, but I am not particularly excited. There's no contestant buzz; it's just judges, judges, judges. -____-

Get comfortable because I will probably be complaining all season =p
i think you won't at as far as song selections go maybe.
i haven't followed twitter. they were doing some prescreening as well.

maybe when randy is mentoring maybe.

here's the schedule

AUDITIONS

The two-night premiere event begins by showcasing the nation's best talent from the Boston and Austin auditions on Wednesday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Thursday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) brings more amazing auditions from Austin and San Francisco. Auditions continue in Detroit, Wednesday, Jan. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); Atlanta, Thursday, Jan. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); Salt Lake City, Wednesday, Jan. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); and Omaha, Thursday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

NEW HOLLYWOOD OR HOME ROUND
Those who prove they have what it takes to move forward in the competition think they are headed to the “Hollywood” round. But, even before they unpack their bags, the contestants will learn they must compete in a surprise “Hollywood or Home” round, airing on Wednesday, Feb. 5 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). In this intense new round, the judges will decide if these hopefuls really are committed and talented enough to become the next singing superstar. Some of the singers will be asked to perform one more time for the judges – and for some, this will be their last performance. It's a tough decision for the judges, but even tougher for the contestants, because those who don't make the cut must head straight home.

HOLLYWOOD ROUNDS Continue
The “Hollywood” rounds continue Thursday, Feb. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Feb. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), as the hopefuls take the stage of the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles for group and solo performances. On Thursday, Feb. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), the Hollywood rounds end with a new twist as the Top semi-finalists are revealed.

RUSH WEEK
During a special three-night IDOL event, the hopefuls will have their last chance to impress the judges and America. On the season's first LIVE show, airing on a special night, Tuesday, Feb. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live /PT tape-delayed), the 15 remaining female contestants will face their IDOL fates; the 15 male contestants will do the same on the following night Wednesday, Feb. 19 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live /PT tape-delayed). On both Tuesday and Wednesday night, the voting lines will open immediately after each LIVE show. On Thursday, Feb. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), the Top 13 finalists will be revealed in the first results show LIVE from Los Angeles.

FINALIST PERFORMANCE ROUNDS
The following week, the competition gets fiercer when the Top 13 finalists perform LIVE Wednesday, Feb. 26 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live /PT tape-delayed). One finalist's journey will end as America's vote is revealed Thursday, Feb. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live /PT tape-delayed).

RECAP

AUDITIONS

Wednesday, Jan. 15 Season Premiere, Part 1 – Boston/Austin Auditions
(8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)

Thursday, Jan. 16 Season Premiere, Part 2 – Austin/San Francisco Auditions

Wednesday, Jan. 22 Detroit Audition Episode

Thursday, Jan. 23 Atlanta Audition Episode
(8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT)

Wednesday, Jan. 29 Salt Lake City Audition Episode

Thursday, Jan. 30 Omaha Audition Episode

HOLLYWOOD ROUNDS

Wednesday, Feb. 5 “Hollywood or Home” Round

Thursday, Feb. 6 Hollywood Round, Part 1

Wednesday, Feb. 12 Hollywood Round, Part 2

Thursday, Feb. 13 Hollywood Round, Part 3; Top Semi-Finalists Revealed

RUSH WEEK

Tuesday, Feb. 18 Top 15 Female Singers Perform LIVE
(8:00-10:00 PM ET live/
PT tape-delayed)

Wednesday, Feb. 19 Top 15 Male Singers Perform LIVE
PT tape-delayed)

Thursday, Feb. 20 First LIVE Results Show
(8:00-9:00 PM ET live/
PT tape-delayed)

FINALIST ROUNDS
Wednesday, Feb. 26 Top 13 Perform LIVE
PT tape-delayed)

Thursday, Feb. 27 LIVE Results Show; One Finalist Sent Home
(8:00-9:00 PM ET live/
PT tape-delayed)

source: http://www.americanidol.com/news/am...-night-premiere-wednesday-and-thursday-on-fox

Delio

Yeah. And XFactor isn't a good replacement and the Voice is pretty boring.

Man this is how I get with these shows. I watch the auditions pretty close with Xfactor then just drop off and The Voice just bores me to tears. I'll be here for the Idol auditions and see if I can hold on.

Man this is how I get with these shows. I watch the auditions pretty close with Xfactor then just drop off and The Voice just bores me to tears. I'll be here for the Idol auditions and see if I can hold on.

american idol - giving us guys to oggle at and girls we can relate too.

then the guys and girls we watch go to hollywood round don't get shown on stage only to find out they were eliminated and we get some random people for the views.

I quit watching after Taylor Hicks won, but now Randy Jackson is gone? I really wonder how much longer this show will last.

Delio

american idol - giving us guys to oggle at and girls we can relate too.

then the guys and girls we watch go to hollywood round don't get shown on stage only to find out they were eliminated and we get some random people for the views.

`Love when they shift focus onto random people that no one knows. Ah well gimmie the cute guys.

JCX

I quit watching after Taylor Hicks won, but now Randy Jackson is gone? I really wonder how much longer this show will last.

Randy should have been gone when Simon left. Dude was useless unless yoiu want to know about Mariah, Whitney, or pitchyness.

MIMIC

Banned
I liked Randy :-/

He's definitely knowledgeable, but I think the delivery of his critiques (and all the hyperbole) is what made him a little off-putting. But once you filtered out all of the useless information, I thought he was usually spot-on.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I won't be able to watch live with you guys anymore because of my new job schedule. :_(

So excited though. Woooohooooooo

JC Lately

Quit watching after Simon left. It’s no fun for me unless at least one person a week leaves crying, claiming that they’re going to make it anyway, and then you never see them in the public eye again.

Never got old.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I always like watching the auditions and preliminary rounds, but tend to lose interest once the actual week-to-week competition starts. A month or so of the early-on stuff is enough to sate my talent search show needs for a while. I've never been able to get into other shows like The Voice and whatever.

Delio

Dream crushing all season long. Also yeah LOTS of Guitars but that is what wins idol so I dont blame them.

t-storm

They put XIII in the intertitle? I automatically assume anything XIII related is going to be god awful after the terrible FFXIII.

Ew, Seacrest just asked if Lightning will strike twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom