• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season XIII |OT| January 15, 2014 8/7 Central #ThisIsReal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth was up with the judges with that whole last bit of "Sorry, mildly serious singer-songwriter guy! Everybody is gonna be happy and you might be not fun enough or too dark or something with your new-age Stevey Ray vibe harshing the happy poppy vibe the producers prefer!" That was some serious hypocritical, sell out crap especially coming from Urban and Connick. That was embarrassingly stupid. Oh well, at least they let him through. He's not amazing but that was an incredibly vapid and stupid asessment, one of the worst in the series' history and glaringly telling of what the show is really all about. "DON'T WANNA GO OVER QUOTA WITH SINGER SONGWRITERS! GOTTA CASH THE CHECKS THE PRODUCERS ARE WRITING!"

MIMIC

Banned
I'm watching it now. They are putting FAR too much emphasis on looks for my liking. This show is supposed to be in direct contrast with the "This guy/girl is so hot, let's sign them" ideology. And for Harry Connick, Jr. to make such a big fuss about people being so impressed with "technical" ability, yet use "looks" as a criteria to judge someone by is EXTREMELY counter-productive, IMO.

And I also thought it was so funny that the worship leader guy sang a Colton Dixon song. Colton was a worship leader, too....right?

MIMIC

Banned
OMG! It's Nikki!

I didn't even recognize her!
I still hate her for Tamyra-gate, lol

EDIT:

Women: I told my girl, I said, "I love her."
Ryan: Which one?
Woman: Uh...what's her name. The singer....what's her name. Oh, uh...Randy

spUePPv.gif
spUePPv.gif
spUePPv.gif
spUePPv.gif
spUePPv.gif

On one hand, guitars make it easier for a singer to keep on rhythm and on pitch. On the other, it's harder to play two instruments (voice/guitar) at the same time.

I say get rid of them, anyway.

jorgeton

But where is Zoanette tho??

Haven't watched any of this season. Tuning in for a bit tonight. J.Lo is looking good. No Mariah for subtle shade & camp value though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom