• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season XIII |OT| January 15, 2014 8/7 Central #ThisIsReal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm hearing that the guy who sang "Titanium" was from inTENsity (that group from X-Factor). lol

Guess they all broke up and are hitting up the talent show circuit again

MIMIC

Banned
Although he's trying to play it off, Harry is probably actually offended every time someone doesn't know who he is.

Catching up with the last hour from yesterday. Much guitars Lol holy crap. Feels like there's more this season than past seasons xombined

Mumei

I haven't seen the first episode yet, but I'm hoping Harry isn't as much of a creeper as I think he's going to be.

Nyanko

Neo Member
Well, early numbers are in...

The return of “American Idol” on Fox opened season 13 with a dominant 9.4 rating/15 share in the household overnights from 8-10 p.m., peaking at 8:30 p.m. with a 9.8/15. While dominance is certainly a positive, “Idol” (now featuring Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr.) dipped year-to-year by 20 percent from an 11.7/18 (on 1/16/13). And that 11.7 overnight rating translated into 17.93 million and a 6.0 rating/16 share among adults 18-49 (according to the live plus same day data).

lenovox1

Although he's trying to play it off, Harry is probably actually offended every time someone doesn't know who he is.

Harry's monster sized peak was in the mid to late 90s. Most of the contestants, bar people that have studied jazz or musical theatre, would be too young to know who he was.

IISANDERII

Is there nothing Harry Connick can't do? Singer, actor, writer and now comedian too?

My disappointment in not seeing more terrible contestants is subsided with his hilarity. Will continue to watch.

Delio

Is the guitar thing REALLY that bad? So many people with one. I guess they know what wins idol so they try to appeal to it but lord.

Oh was going to make this with the title "J.Lo Returns: American Idol XIII"

Least excited about idol I've ever been. Still not forgetting how J.Lo sandbagged Haley.
This x infinity

They should have handed Haley the trophy when she sang House of the Rising Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom