• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors testing and being pursued for Alan Taylor's TERMINATOR reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This news hit the other day, but I didn't see it posted anywhere.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-reboot-casting-emilia-clarke-654772
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Alan Taylor is prepping to begin testing actors and actresses for the sci-fi feature project, which is being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance Productions.

The testing will begin next next week, with Taylor seeing Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke, Brie Larson (The Spectacular Now) as well as another actress vying for the role of young Sarah Connor. Margot Robbie’s name has also surfaced in connection with the role.

Taylor will also be searching for his young Kyle Reese, the man who will father John. Those actor tests will occur at a later date but insiders say Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) is on the short list although sources say reports of Boyd Holbrook are off the mark.

Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back as a Terminator robot in a time-spanning story that sees him tasked to protect Sarah Connor as she grows up.

But John Connor is also back and sources say Taylor's wish list starts with Tom Hardy (Christopher Nolan's memorable Bane in The Dark Knight Rises), although at this stage not even a meeting has taken place.

Garret Hedlund being looked at for Kyle Reese? Oh god. Make it stop.

And I really like Alan Taylor's TV work, but good god was THOR 2 mediocre as fuck. Why isn't it 2019 yet?

BigDug13

Geez. What's next? Reboot of True Lies? Reboot of The Abyss?

I guess we're about 10-15 years from an Avatar reboot?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Alan Taylor is prepping to begin testing actors and actresses for the sci-fi feature project, which is being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance Productions.

Who?

*researches*

Alright, he did 5 movies and some Game of Thrones episodes. Can't be worse than the last guy.

garrett hedlund as kyle reese
charlie hunnam as jon connor

cast of the century.

also i like tom hardy but he just seems generic as fuck for a role like this now. i'm already tired of his mad max and we haven't even seen it yet.

So... they're rebooting The Terminator, but Arnold is still The Terminator?

Or are we just calling this an alternate universe BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE HAVE ROYALLY FUCKED UP THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM.

Enough with the fucking reboots. It's beyond pathetic at this point, and it rarely ends well. It's not like writers have stopped being able to create new things, studios are just risk averse to the point of absurdity. Maybe if they didn't blow so much money on terrible big budget effects movies they could fund an original narrative here and there.

Enough with the fucking reboots. It's beyond pathetic at this point, and it rarely ends well. It's not like writers have stopped being able to create new things, studios are just risk averse to the point of absurdity. Maybe if they didn't blow so much money on terrible big budget effects movies they could fund an original narrative here and there.

They don't blow money on those as they are generally highly profitable for them.

Why isn't it 2019 yet?

At first I half thought you were referring to a vague future date whereupon some apocalyptic event would save us from drivel such as this. But then I realized it's only 5 years from now... (and the rights actually refer back to Cameron then?)

Still, I wonder if the franchise won't be driven into to the ground by then after another half hearted attempt like this further tarnishes the name.

At first I half thought you were referring to a vague future date whereupon some apocalyptic event would save us from drivel such as this. But then I realized it's only 5 years from now... (and the rights actually refer back to Cameron then?)

Still, I wonder if the franchise won't be driven into to the ground by then after another half hearted attempt like this further tarnishes the name.

It's already been driven into the ground. But if they literally remake the first film's story, I will feel ill. I can't image that story not made by Cameron. Ugh.

dejay

Banned
Fuck all these reboots - Terminator, Robocop, Starship Troopers...I ain't watching any of them. Not because they're reboots, but because they're inferior shit and therefore pointless. I made the mistake of watching Total Recall a while back. FUCK!

DiscoJer

They don't blow money on those as they are generally highly profitable for them.

It's funny, they're basically using the same formula The Asylum uses, that company that makes low-budget "mockbusters" as they call them.

Only they are authorized and have better production values. But basically the same thinking.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This storyline sounds like a clusterfuck. Nobody wants this.

damn. only the homie dead would get that hunnam post

emilia clarke and jon snow are the weaker actors on game of thrones (and shae)

Why exactly do we need this?

I think Sculli summed it up pretty well. The movie studio (is it WB now?) wants to milk the franchise more before they turn the rights back over to Cameron in the next five years. The sequels didn't bode so well, so its time to reboot the franchise.

There is only one Kyle Reese.

anton-yelchin.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that Arnold asked him if he should even do T3 & his response was "Do it & ask for a shitload of money" or something along the lines.

Its been dead since T2, though I actually somewhat liked Salvation (shield up)

T3 had the best action sequence in the whole series, so at least something good still came from it.

Sojgat

If we're listing actors for Kyle Reese, I kinda feel like Aaron Paul could fit the part:

SOLxJ5K.jpg

michaelbiehn_terminator.jpg

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead. Bitch."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom