• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jai Courtney is Kyle Reese (Terminator reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnold is pushing 70, hope he doesn't play the T-1000. Could be cool if he plays a human who is eventually used as a template to create the first Terminator.

yeah, thats pretty much where his role should stay in these movies. the model for the terminator.

otherwise, i wonder how theyre going to explain why the machines are making really old robots.

Spaghetti

salvation was a reboot within the same 'universe' as t1-3

do they really think jettisoning the first two films and the two following shit sequels will really bring any success to this? is the terminator universe really so narrow as to require a complete reboot rather than making a different story within the same canon? if it's really a reboot, why bring back arnold other than to put nostalgic asses in seats?

it'll be forgettable and awful. there are interesting stories to be told in the terminator universe, just nobody in hollywood seems to realise this and just wants to crank out garbage to a quick buck.

A Good Day to Die Hard made me dislike this guy even though it's not really his fault. =P

Though as far as Terminator goes these days... no James Cameron no sale.

Raptomex

This is one of those franchises that's hard to remake without Arnie. T1 and 2 being my favoritw movies of all time, I forsee this being a super fail. Needs Cameron's vision.

Sephzilla

Considering how screwed up the Terminator timeline is, they could just say this is another sequel/prequel/whatever instead of using the "r" word.

jai-courtney-german-premiere-a-good-day-to-die-hard-01.jpg

I was thinking "I've seen that face" and unfortunately, my inner wheel stopped on I, robot. Yes, that movie about product placements featuring a CG character and some guy from ID4.

also: why are they making a reboot anyway?

This guy is a legitimate good actor (see Varro from the TV show Spartacus), so I have to blame the writing/directing for his performances since then.

Welp, they couldn't get people on board for the next chapter of the story, or a sidestory, so maybe people will be down to see what they have already seen............

styl3s

Dude was great in Spartacus so i am down.

The guy who helped ruin Die Hard...screw this guy.
Did he write, direct and fund the movie? No? Just went in and did the job he was paid for? Yeah, he didn't ruin it.

It's like saying Liam Neeson helped ruin the Star Wars prequels.

Joni

I was thinking "I've seen that face" and unfortunately, my inner wheel stopped on I, robot. Yes, that movie about product placements featuring a CG character and some guy from ID4.
I really hated Jeff Goldblum in i, Robot.
This guy only started acting in 2005, one year after I, Robot was released...

Raydeen

Good god, does America have no young actors any more? Or are they all contracted from birth to work on CW shows?

A reboot...using the original actor as the villain? Why?

I really doubt Arnold has that kind of performance left in him these days. That's not even considering Bill Paxton.

I'm so happy that Schwarzenegger is still in it.

I bet all the monies that they will pull a Star Trek and have the story be set in the same universe (or multiverse) as the old movies, and time travel will be involved to explain the whole thing.

.GqueB.

Banned
Rebooting this movie seems so odd to me. It's a movie about time travel. Just reset the timeline somehow and actually make it interesting.

charsace

Courtney is the new Jeremy Renner is the new Sam Worthington is the new, um...

He's being asked to play this type of character. He has charisma and he showed it in Spartacus. Funny thing is that he's bigger and taller than Arnold. He would have been great as the terminator.

EBE

JAI COURTNEY AS KYLE REESE. KYLE. REESE.

EMILIA CLARKE AS SARAH CONNOR. SARAH. CONNOR.

SCHWARZENEGGER TO RETURN.

ALAN TAYLOR DIRECTING.

WHAT IS THIS MOVIE?!

Replicant

He looks like a douche jock. Not sure if he's the best casting choice. Reese as portrayed by Biehn has never been a jock kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom