• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jai Courtney is Kyle Reese (Terminator reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send me back to 1984 if old. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/terminator-kyle-reese-jai-courtney-1200827966/

After testing a handful of guys, Jai Courtney has been tapped to play Kyle Reese in Paramount and Skydance’s “Terminator” reboot.

Emilia Clarke is on board to play Sarah Connor and Jason Clarke will play John Connor. Arnold Schwarzenegger will also return in his iconic role. Alan Taylor is directing.

WnCbaaD.jpg
R5EFLhk.gif

I'm sure Spartacus fans are thrilled. I've only seen this guy in Die Hard 5 (...) and Jack Reacher and I just get "Xeroxed Sam Worthington" vibes from both performances.

jett

D-Member
This guy was Varro in Spartacus. I'll allow it. But I'm still not thrilled about the continuing mangling of this franchise.

slit

WAIT A MINUTE!

I thought they were going back to Sarah's parents time. How is a 70 year old Arnold going to pull this off?

The actor from the last Die Hard movie? Cool. I guess he's replacing Shia LaBeouf as the guy who ruins everything cool about the eighties.

Edit: Not that it's his fault that these studios are wringing every last drop out of old franchises.

This guy has zero charisma and he's going have been in 2 of the most beloved action franchises of all time. This makes me legitimately upset.

shield

I can't comment on his acting skills because I've never seen him in anything, but he looks nothing like Michael Biehn.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm sure Spartacus fans are thrilled. I've only seen this guy in Die Hard 5 (...) and Jack Reacher and I just get "Xeroxed Sam Worthington" vibes from both performances.
We'll Worthington had probably the best performance in Terminator Salvation lol

Arnold is pushing 70, hope he doesn't play the T-1000. Could be cool if he plays a human who is eventually used as a template to create the first Terminator.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
You guys are gonna be eating a lot of your words, when this takes the place as the third best terminator film ever!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a weekend, a go-pro cam and a paper cut out of Arnold and i would make a movie that takes the place as the third best terminator film ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom