• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jai Courtney is Kyle Reese (Terminator reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

He was great in Spartacus and the best thing in season 1 outside of Batiatus. Dude will get a mulligan from me for Die Hard but he wasn't off putting in Jack Reacher.

I don't like this at all, I would rather see it get a Blade Runner treatment, then a scrappy attempt at a reboot. Let me guess, they're going to pull a Tron Legacy with Arnold and he''ll do a horrible job. This is depressing.

Rehynn

What the fuck?

Was I the only one unaware that this was being made?? My brain is melting. WHY? How, and WHY the fuck do you reboot a franchise that includes T1 and T2, the latter being possibly the best action move ever?

Why not just make, you know, a good one again?

Also, Arnold starring in the original and the reboot is weird as hell, but I don't think I'd have it any other way.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Reboot, huh? They should just give old man Arnold Stan Lee style cameos in each of the films. Like have him be a random driver honking a horn, or some old guy watering his lawn, or one of the first people to get shot in the hip during the Terminator's rampage.

I want a good Terminator movie, but rather than Michael Bay-ing it with explosions or trying to make it a huge action blockbuster, they should make it like it was before, a very suspenseful movie where the killer robot guy just keeps coming after the main characters. I don't need crazy action if you can show me a chilling pursuit.

Dryk

Emilia Clarke? Man I don't know about that.

Super questionable director too IMO.
I used to think it was dumb as hell but then I realised that they're probably never going to make it to the second movie so it doesn't even matter if she can pull off Hardened Sarah

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I used to think it was dumb as hell but then I realised that they're probably never going to make it to the second movie so it doesn't even matter if she can pull off Hardened Sarah

I thought she looked a little "pretty" for Sarah Connor, but this picture seems like she might be able to do it.
rs_560x415-130409093613-1024.EmiliaClarkeNoMakeup.mh.040913.jpg

Also, I did not recognize her as her character from Game of Thrones without the blonde hair, even with mention of the series in her Google results. I was like "Is she playing a character in season 3 or 4?"
emilia-clarke.jpg

Oreoleo

Heh that's exactly what I was basing my post on. She can do the scared Barbie of T1 fine I'm sure, but she's a little too baby-faced to pull off the intensity of T2 Sarah properly IMO. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

But trying to cast Sarah Connor is on the level of replacing Ellen Ripley. Not an enviable position to be in for anyone really.

Randam

guy is way to "big" for kyle.

but anyways: they are going to reboot terminator?
with the rock as the terminator?

Terminator, the one sci-fi classic I thought was still way above reboot...

Nothing from the 80s/90s is above remake/reboot. So long as the brand is viable, it can be recycled.

Hell, once you willing cease to refer to movies as movies and as FRANCHISES, this shit is expected. It's part of franchising. Refreshing brands, introducing new-but-same product.

Terminator is a franchise. So this was bound to happen. It's part of the deal. Once you decide to franchise your shit, this becomes part of the bargain.

Terminator, the one sci-fi classic I thought was still way above reboot...

Nothing is safe. The Matrix, ID4, Fifth Element, Back to the Future, Dark City, Starship Troopers, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, TimeCop...nothing. All these will be remade in our lifetime.

Just sit back for the gritty Iron Man reboot in 2022, and the inevitable Avatar remake in 2040.

jett

D-Member
Emilia Clarke? Man I don't know about that.

Super questionable director too IMO.

Alan Taylor only directed one movie, the totes average Thor 2: Thor Harder, but I feel that like every other Mahvel production it was probably micromanaged by execs. He has done solid TV work, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I still think it's bullshit that they're rebooting Terminator, but we might as well deal with it.

Nothing is safe. The Matrix, ID4, Fifth Element, Back to the Future, Dark City, Starship Troopers, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, TimeCop...nothing. All these will be remade in our lifetime.

Just sit back for the gritty Iron Man reboot in 2022, and the inevitable Avatar remake in 2040.

Why would Avatar be remade just when the sequel is going to come out?

Seriously though, I'm surprised The Matrix hasn't been rebooted. Seems like a prime candidate.

120v

i'm ambivalent about the casting so far... sure this new kyle reese looks like a meat head but that doesn't have much, if any, bearing on how his take on the character could be

anyway, this is my last shot with the franchise. it's always been my dream to see a proper follow up to T2... T3 was actually passable, but i don't consider that cannon. Salvation was nowhere near as terrible as some say but it was completely forgettable and unnecessary. and both of those movies were box office bombs, so if this new one tanks it'll be just as well i guess

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why reboot? There's tons of space for a sequel to T2 or to Salvation...

y2dvd

Why couldn't have the series ended after T2? :(

Who cares if the new one will have Arnold in it? T3 had Arnold and it still sucked without Cameron in the helm.

Fularu

Banned
Some douche looking ripped due as Kyle Reese?

Stop screwing with my favorite franchise, please

Also he was dreadfull in the Die Hard movie

Dead

well not really...yet
Why couldn't have the series ended after T2? :(

Who cares if the new one will have Arnold in it? T3 had Arnold and it still sucked without Cameron in the helm.
Never forget. We were to have a future war T3 by Cameron with Arnold but he was screwed over by the producers who chose to have the movie written by Ferris/Brancato.

Dead Man

Hell, the shit should have stopped at T1. T2 is a good movie, but once you do sequels to movies that have time travel scenarios you just fuck everything up.

A fucking Terminator reboot?? Jesus Christ Hollywood get some fucking fresh ideas instead of ruining old films. All we need now is an Aliens reboot, a Predator reboot, a Rambo reboot, and a fucking Goonies reboot and Hollywood will have successfully shit on all of the greatest movies of the 80s

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This is hilarious. Who in their right mind wants to have their work directly compared to the original Fuckin terminator?? Gotta be batshit... Toy don't "recast" Kyle reese. Who are they kidding...

And Arnolds in it lol.

What the fuck ever. Their funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom