• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who's Matt Smith to take up "major role" in new Terminator trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor, and John Connor are all gonna be together in one movie? And Dyson's son?

I hope there's not a "good guy" Terminator this time because that's more than enough on the human side of the conflict, unless they want to do a storyline like in Sarah Connor Chronicles where a sect of the Skynet hivemind breaks off and forms a third party that doesn't seek to exterminate humanity.

I might be remembering completely wrong but I think an early draft/pitch was a reboot movie set during several different time periods, so having all those characters and multiple age versions of Arnie's T800 would make sense.

Mariolee

I might be remembering completely wrong but I think an early draft/pitch was a reboot movie set during several different time periods, so having all those characters and multiple age versions of Arnie's T800 would make sense.

At least if they're rebooting this they're going full crazy.

Okay, that's a little different than what I was thinking, but it's still not a matter of Gosling going "Gotta get those Doctor Who fans." More like "Holy shit, that's a great performance. Now imagine I put that in my movie, and set it in the real world with an unhinged person..."

Are Doctor Who fans even worth making a major casting decisions in a Hollywood movie for? We're not exactly the biggest fanbase ever.
dozens.gif

Been waiting ages to use that, I've only just got into AD...

The Adder

Banned
No fucking way, really? Link that shit.

I thought Smith simply killed in an audition.

edit: Nevermind. Found it.

Okay, that's a little different than what I was thinking, but it's still not a matter of Gosling going "Gotta get those Doctor Who fans." More like "Holy shit, that's a great performance. Now imagine I put that in my movie, and set it in the real world with an unhinged person..."

This is great. If there is one thing I love about Matt Smith it's his ability to speechify.

Philippo

I'LL BE BACK...soon...probably...maybe...just let me go a moment in my Tardis and i'll catch you up! [flapping hands intensifies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom