• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Tyrminatir: Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

npcwnrL.jpg

2DbTXwq.jpg

nGKtgU5.jpg
93N8Ran.jpg

"We’ve got our first look at Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator alongside Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor and Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher) as Kyle Reese in the currently in production Terminator: Genesis.

Terminator: Genesis is set for release on July 1st 2015, with Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) directing a cast that also includes Jason Clarke (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) as John Connor, Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) as the T-1000, Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Dayo Okeniyi (The Hunger Games), J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man), Michael Gladis (Mad Men), and Sandrine Holt (House of Cards)"

Source

EDIT :

Some interviews and some plot details. It's The Daily Mail, so take it however you want;
But while the sci-fi series depicts time-travelling robots who return to the past to change the future, it seems there is one aspect about time that cannot be altered in the future: getting old.

Schwarzenegger has revealed how writers have come up with a plot that involves cyborgs disguised using human skin that ages... as it was the only way they could explain why his T-800 looked older, with grey hair.

He told MTV: 'Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800, and then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets a hold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good.'

He added: 'The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath. It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages.'

Emilia sported blonde hair in the Game of Thrones series for her regal character Daenerys Targaryen, the ‘Queen of the Dragons’.

But in Game of Thrones, is now a brunette for her role as Sarah Connor.
The part of her son, robot-busting warrior John Connor is being played by Jason Clarke, 44.

The age difference between the mother and son suggests that time-travel will be involved in the film, which is set to be released on July 1.

Source

Au68Z6o.jpg

Not as flattering a picture as the ones previous posted. I still think he'll look great.

Daft_Cat

I actually like how they're embracing and playing up Arnold's age. Silver fox terminator.

Yes, I just said silver fox.

Busty

Banned
It looks amazing. When does this premiere on SyFy? After Helix* on a Friday?

What?

Oh.....,

* Sorry Ivy.

liquidtmd

Banned
Honestly would have preferred a Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles cast movie with an Ar-nuld sideshow thrown in.

And if anyone says 'Tv cast aren't cinema standard', we're talking Jai Courtney here

So is this a sequel or reboot or what? How is Kyle alive? Why is the T800 being played by an old guy? Why is the TX being replaced by an inferior T1000 again?

... How did a sentient super intelligence create awesome human killing machines like this and lose? Because in Salvation it didn't look like the resistance was even a decent threat.

Daft_Cat

I can actually sort of see Linda Hamilton in the last shot.

Same.

Not feeling their pick for Kyle Reese, though. I guess I'll take a wait and see approach.

I love the actor they got for John Connor, though. He'll disappear into the role more than Bale did.

Raistlin

So when does this take place in the timeline?

I know that's a rabbit hole question given time travel ... but let's say, what year?

jwk94

Why does Sarah look like a teenager?

Honestly would have preferred a Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles cast movie with an Ar-nuld sideshow thrown in.

And if anyone says 'Tv cast aren't cinema standard', we're talking Jai Courtney here

God yes that would have been good.

Daft_Cat

Really? I thought that Arnie was playing
the human that the Terminator are based on rather than another T-800.

As far as I know, he's playing the same T-800.

Didn't Arnold say that the logic behind the decision was that the flesh covering the machine ages?

I hope at some point during the movie a fez randomly falls on to Matt Smith. Maybe during a firefight with debris and stuff in .... I don't know, a mall?

justjohn

That dude is probably the most generic looking Hollywood type ever. And emilia Clarke's shitty acting can even be felt from screen grabs alone. She really is an awful actress.

liquidtmd

Banned
I actually like how they're embracing and playing up Arnold's age. Silver fox terminator.

Yes, I just said silver fox.

I think the plot is they send Arnold back in time but it messes up so he has to wait 60 - 80 years before his mission starts, hence the ageing explanation. That's the impression I get anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom