• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Tyrminatir: Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
why is anhuld playing a Terminator with gray hair?

What makes a better infiltrator who can blend in:

this
who-is-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-238x300.jpg

or this?
images

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Apparently he plays an old Terminator. No joke. I think there will be a younger version of him (I assume using CGI) and then he sits around for a couple of decades until the main part of the movie takes place by which time he'll be an old gray haired Terminator.

ew, thanks. I realized it's in the spoilered part which I didn't want to read

not sure how to feel about this: like shit, or like shit

Karsha

I still don't know what this is,reboot re imagining, sequel,prequel ? From the news it seems some kind of sequel that will act as a reboot too by changing things , dunno. It does feel more "Terminator" than salvation though so it might be decent although i have to admit i didn't like that actor in the latest Die Hard

abadguy

Banned
I see y'all have the Internet Hate Machine all warmed up!

I'll wait til we get a trailer at least. Then I'll still see it. Hopefully its like Terminator+ Time Crimes.

Usually i would agree with you but...i'm sorry they should just fucking stop with Terminator now. They will never be as good as the first two films, let alone top them. It's really time to stop beating this very dead horse. Let it go. Hey i have an idea...why not make a NEW sci fi action thriller series? With a new universe and characters and even story! It could be similar to Terminator if they are so bent on making something with killer androids in it.

duckroll

I still don't know what this is,reboot re imagining, sequel,prequel ? From the news it seems some kind of sequel that will act as a reboot too by changing things , dunno. It does feel more "Terminator" than salvation though so it might be decent although i have to admit i didn't like that actor in the latest Die Hard

I think it's supposed to be some sort of "soft" reboot like Star Trek 2009, where they get to reset stuff and start fresh, but they don't ignore that the events of previous films happened before. Or something like that. Who really cares though, Alan Taylor is a crap director.

Are we going to see the t800 in some retirement home? He's all comatose in hibernation and gets a signal to reactivate and demands his roommate give him his shoes, clothes and the keys to his rascal?

Odoul

Isn't this the third (or fourth if you count the show) damn reboot?

They should do something really insane if they're gonna milk this dead cow.

Like instead of 40 years into the future, it's 4000.

Human beings are extinct. But they achieved space travel and planetary colonization.

They long ago defeated fixed and repurposed Skynet.

Terminators are now protectors/searchers scouring galaxies looking for remains of humanity, if they exist.

Swarms of humanoid and ship terminators fighting alien creatures and civilzations.

If you're gonna jack off Terminator, throw in Aliens and Avatar while you're at it.

Katori

Looks good so far. Arnold aging is silly, but if they can actually reboot this it'll be worth it to have him around once more, just like Spock Prime in Star Trek 2009.

I'm afraid I personally won't be able to dissociate Emilia Clarke from GoT, but maybe a new film in my favorite franchise can do it for me. I hope it doesn't take itself too seriously..

Who really cares though, Alan Taylor is a crap director.
His episodes of The Sopranos and Mad Men are pretty good if not great. I think it's entirely possible that Bore 2 wasn't his fault, Thor & fam aren't easy to write for.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Are we going to see the t800 in some retirement home? He's all comatose in hibernation and gets a signal to reactivate and demands his roommate give him his shoes, clothes and the keys to his rascal?

he's probably working for free as a farmer in some old man's propriety, then he gets the signal, drops the shovel, hugs the old man and the old man says "these nights will feel cold without you, Sue", a very emotional moment

DeadTrees

Nah, this movie'll end with the T-800 getting turned into a zombie thanks to a gypsy curse, so it won't matter how decrepit Arnold gets. The post-credits scene will be a teaser for Termin8tor: Dawn of the TermiDead! *grimly* "This wasn't the war my mother told me about". (dubstep plays) (cut to shots of grinning endoskeletons chowing on fried limbs, chugging booze, twerking, et cetera)

Blader

His episodes of The Sopranos and Mad Men are pretty good if not great. I think it's entirely possible that Bore 2 wasn't his fault, Thor & fam aren't easy to write for.

I think there are a lot of issues in Thor 2 that can be clearly laid at Taylor's feet. Ugly shot compositions and the direction (or lack thereof really) on the performances are two of my biggest problems with the movie and I don't know that anyone but the director can be blamed for them.

He may just be better suited for TV than film, because his work on Game of Thrones was also great.

duckroll

I think there are a lot of issues in Thor 2 that can be clearly laid at Taylor's feet. Ugly shot compositions and the direction (or lack thereof really) on the performances are two of my biggest problems with the movie and I don't know that anyone but the director can be blamed for them.

He may just be better suited for TV than film, because his work on Game of Thrones was also great.

Or maybe it's just easier for unremarkable directors to produce work which is above their normal ability when working in an existing framework which has been set up for them? Does he bring anything unique to what he directs? Are the episodes good because of his talent, or good in spite of his lack of creativity?

In the end I guess a guy who is happy to make the jump to film by directing stuff like Thor 2 and Terminator Genisys probably doesn't care. If he did he wouldn't be directing stuff like Thor 2 and Terminator Genisys. Lol.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Isn't this the third (or fourth if you count the show) damn reboot?

Only the show might count as a reboot because of how it ended. Otherwise everything fits chronologically:

Salvation - Terminator - T2 - T3 - Salvation - Terminator - T2 - T3 - Salvation - Terminator - T2 - T3 - Salvation - Terminator - T2 - T3 - and so on and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom