• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors testing and being pursued for Alan Taylor's TERMINATOR reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to the Christian Bale reboot? Beside it sucking. Did it bomb in the box office?

It didn't bomb (370 million worldwide), but it didn't set the world on fire like they were obviously hoping.

I'm still confused by this just being a reboot. Fucking weird. Seems crazy that they intend to crank out a trilogy before they lose the rights in 2019 as well.

jett

D-Member
I actually think Arnold's inclusion will be to the detriment of any movie of this sort. Not that I care much about whatever the hell this is. Young Kyle Reese? Why?

inm8num2

I actually think Arnold's inclusion will be to the detriment of any movie of this sort.

t3.png

I'm SO tired of the concept of "reboot". Everything is a reboot.

You know what, Hollywood? I'm a lot more likely to pay for and watch your old movies if they're earlier chapters of a story I'm interested in. Before I went to see Superman Returns, I paid for and watched a digital rental of Superman 1 & 2, because I knew it was more or less a continuation of them. Before I go see Days of Future Past, I'm thinking about watching all the old X-Men movies again, since it's been years on a few of them. I even do it with video games and tv. I couldn't even start Star Trek with TNG last year, I actually watched ALL the ToS material first (and loved it, btw).

Gimme a reboot, and you're missing out on a bunch of my dollars (and kind of making me care less... I didn't even see Amazing Spider Man; I just don't care about starting over and seeing the same stupid origin again).

Possible John Connor:

Deadline is reporting that Zero Dark Thirty actor Jason Clarke is in early talks to take on the role of John Connor in the upcoming Terminator reboot, which is rumored to be titled "Terminator: Genesis." This announcement comes just one week after "Game of Thrones" star Emilia Clarke emerged as the frontrunner for the Sarah Connor role, with Short Term 12's Brie Larson still in contention as well.

kboCBxU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom