• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors testing and being pursued for Alan Taylor's TERMINATOR reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched about 20 minutes of Terminator Salvation the other day. Skynet has a kill list of a handful of people. John Connor is #2. Kyle Reese is #1. Why don't these people just change their names?

yeah, that's why I suggested him. There were time when I was watching Breaking Bad when the guy reminded me of Kyle Reese in his character/ performance.

Especially towards the end. A ridiculous sense of urgency and will to survive. Great choice. Unfortunately I don't have faith in this reboot so I'd hate to see his talent wasted.

If we attach Nolan to the project I think we can make Sculli fall into a coma.

Tom Hardy as The Terminator
Christian Bale as Kyle Reese
Marion Cotillard as Sarah Connor
Gary Oldman as Hal Vukovich
Cillian Murphey as Dr. Silberman

It's pretty hilarious that Bale was out-acted by Sam Worthington in Salvation.

Almost as funny as Jonah Nolan writing a bulk of the final script.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Especially towards the end. A ridiculous sense of urgency and will to survive. Great choice. Unfortunately I don't have faith in this reboot so I'd hate to see his talent wasted.

Aaron Paul would never sign for such vile stuff like this, he only does high drama now.

Need For Speed, bitch.

No Michael Caine? Fake list confirmed.

He plays the guy in the gun shop the Terminator tries to buy a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range from.

I feel like it wasn't too far from a good movie but shit just didn't come together. But it was years ago I saw it and don't remember much.

DaMan121

I read your post real fast and mistook Jonah Nolan as Jonah Hill. I think Salvation would have been better with more dick jokes.

Maddocks

Sam Worthington was breaking accent all over the place in Salvation.

Salvation had some funny moments, like when john straight told the people in the sub that hes coming aboard during a storm at sea...and jumps in with full gear.

Also has a pretty awesome opening, only grip about it is that he gets in the heli and flys away without a seatbelt on and never puts it on and yet he has one on moments later when it goes down.

Small problems no doubt, but when it comes to terminator I nitpick it because I hold it to a higher standard.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
your point is?

Dude probably has the shittiest agent ever.

You are coming from the best watched series at that time, and you go on and play in a videogame-adaptation about racecars. I bet the offers were lined up for him, and he accepts the dumbest shit you can possibly imagine.

Dude probably has the shittiest agent ever.

You are coming from the best watched series at that time, and you go on and play in a videogame-adaptation about racecars. I bet the offers were lined up for him, and he accepts the dumbest shit you can possibly imagine.

I agree. It was a bad move especially as the Fast films dominate that genre. I'd rather not see him make more mistakes though I think this role would be good but not with whose lined up to bring it together creatively.

TUROK

Just having seen Thor 2, I'm not hopeful about this.

Shit, I'd rather have McG on it again. Just get a different composer.

Sarah Connor Role is down to two women:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112054

AlrZmnI.png

Brie Larson or Emilia Clarke

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A reboot doesnt magically erase the original. At best it turns out to be great. At worst it's a shitty movie and you don't ever have to watch it and the original two still exist

I don't like this at all, especially the actor they want for Kyle Reese. Like you said, Alan Taylor was great on TV but Thor 2, while leagues better than the first, was still pretty mediocre in the end.

Dead

well not really...yet
damn. only the homie dead would get that hunnam post

emilia clarke and jon snow are the weaker actors on game of thrones (and shae)
lmao I had to re-read the OP twice to make sure Hunnam's name wasn't actually mentioned

Fox Mulder

A reboot, but still has Arnold.

just make it another entry in the franchise, since the timeline is all fucked already.

I wasn't aware there's a reboot for the terminator movie. For the life of me, i can't envision Tom Hardy as "the terminator".

Terminator actor:

Dwayne "Rock" Johnson - He has the right build like Arnold Schw. and hopefully he can act as a cyborg. I can definitely see him if it's done right.

Vin Disel "Dom/Riddick" - The Fast and The Furian.
wink wink!

Burt

I just don't see how they still feel the need to shoehorn Arnold into these things. Not only did it not work for the last two movies, but he hasn't put out a good movie in years. Maybe he could fit in a reboot as some secondary/supporting character, but please don't make him a centerpiece of the movie.

Fox Mulder

lol

Sad thing is that he was going to after Titanic until the producers screwed him

sucks, since attaching his name to terminator again would make far more hype and news than anything else they could ever do with the franchise at this point.

Dysun

kelly c would be quite the downgrade from Linda Hamilton
She is hot, but I don't find her acting tough convincing at all

I wasn't aware there's a reboot for the terminator movie. For the life of me, i can't envision Tom Hardy as "the terminator".

Terminator actor:

Dwayne "Rock" Johnson - He has the right build like Arnold Schw. and hopefully he can act as a cyborg. I can definitely see him if it's done right.

Vin Disel "Dom/Riddick" - The Fast and The Furian.
wink wink!

The best terminator featured a terminator who was extremely skinny.

This is like the Wonder Woman debate. Wonder Woman was made of clay and is super strong. Is it her muscles that allow her to lift buses above her head? If that were the case she'd be like the Cave Women from Futurama. Surely a futuristic robot has sufficient mechanics inside their body to give them superior strength without looking like a bodybuilder.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm just saying terminator doesnt have to be a beef cake. T1000 was awesome and honestly scared me a lot more than Arnold did in 1.

But you said for the best Terminator. The best Terminator movie only had Arnold.

Badumtish

zma1013

So what's wrong with just continuing on from Salvation? I still want a good "future" terminator movie. I want the future shown in the beginning of T2. Still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom