• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Tyrminatir: Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair "pre-shit-gets-real" Sarah Connor looks like this:

bb238.jpg

DeadTrees

Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator alongside Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor and Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher) as Kyle Reese
also includes Jason Clarke (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) as John Connor, Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) as the T-1000, Matt Smith (Doctor Who), Dayo Okeniyi (The Hunger Games), J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man)
Hyper Super Street Terminator V: Remix Edition? Preorder today and get the free Classic Terminator DLC!

Jarmel

Banned
I thought it was Brody from Homeland.

And Emilia Clarke looks horribly unconvincing as Sarah Connor. Fucking Christ. =/

This:

Versus this:

Just can't buy into it. We've seen almost four years of her acting on GoT; she's kinda terrible, has an unintentionally dead/empty expression all the time and has no acting range. Plus, yeah she looks like a round-faced kid most of the time. She looks ridiculous during "serious acting mode" when surrounded by superior actors in every scene.

Dude, those are T2 shots. Compare Dany to Sarah in T1.

black_13

Banned
Arnold looking good actually.

My expectations are low but there's some talented people behind the movie so maybe there's a chance.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The absolute worst thing about the non-Cameron films was the soundtrack. If this movie doesn't have the techno-industrial sound then I'm not going to bother with it.

Sarah looks very feeble but maybe she's supposed to be a pre-T2 version.

Raistlin

I thought it was Brody from Homeland.

And Emilia Clarke looks horribly unconvincing as Sarah Connor. Fucking Christ. =/

This:

Versus this:

Just can't buy into it. We've seen almost four years of her acting on GoT; she's kinda terrible, has an unintentionally dead/empty expression all the time and has no acting range. Plus, yeah she looks like a round-faced kid most of the time. She looks ridiculous during "serious acting mode" when surrounded by superior actors in every scene.
smh

Linda Hamilton didn't remotely look or act the bad ass circa Terminator 1 ... which is obviously nearer to this movie's timeline.

She became that way because of what happened in the first movie. Prior to that, she was a typical waitress, 20 something.

smh

Linda Hamilton didn't remotely look or act the bad ass circa Terminator 1 ... which is obviously nearer to this movie's timeline.

She became that way because of what happened in the first movie.

Being married to James Cameron is probably what made her a pitiless killing machine.

Zoe

"We’ve got our first look at Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator alongside Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor and Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher) as Kyle Reese in the currently in production Terminator: Genesis.

Whaaaaa?

liquidtmd

Banned
This Terminator movie is likely going to be a soft reboot with a Terminator messing up the timeline through time travel. My Terminator movie would be a soft reboot of this soft reboot, with a lone Terminator travelling back to fix this mess.

Heres exclusive footage and pics

giphy.gif

tumblr_m14ji43xjN1qd44v3.gif

fap-1494521336.gif

Jado

Banned
smh

She became that way because of what happened in the first movie. Prior to that, she was a typical waitress, 20 something.

Yup, fully aware T1 Sarah was naive and in way over her head. But Linda Hamilton also never looked like a short, cherub-faced girl with a laughably blank expression. Emilia looks like a badly miscast high school sophomore.

What is the most agreed upon worst part of Terminator 2? Adolescent John Connor. Well right now, Emilia's Sarah is looking "T2 John Connor"-tier.

Raiden

Banned
What happened to the Christian Bale Terminator? I though that was supposed to be a trilogy? Did it bomb that hard? It was pretty terrible though.

Kraftwerk

What happened to the Christian Bale Terminator? I though that was supposed to be a trilogy? Did it bomb that hard? It was pretty terrible though.

Didn't bomb, as it made it's budget back, but still a failure as it didn't generate the expected $$ and of course; it was a pos.

The rights stuff derailed them. From wikipedia:

While Terminator Salvation was initially intended to begin a new trilogy, production of a fifth film has been halted by legal trouble, as well as The Halcyon Company filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.[144] While some anonymous sources[145] insisted that Terminator 5 will be moving forward, the majority of analysts predicted that its future is in jeopardy.

The new owners decided to do their own thing with it instead of continue the trilogy.

iddqd

Jai Courtney and Sam Worthington must come from the same boring cloning pool.
Action heros with zero charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom