• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Tyrminatir: Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have a real hard time seeing ole Eyebrows there as Sarah Connor. She looks like a child in those pics.

EDIT - There's a T-1000 in this movie? Count me in.

It's almost as if she's standing six feet away from the other guy and the perspective is all fucked up.

Presumably they will try and 'shoot round this' to make it less of an issue in the final film.

Have her stand on a box or something. It's distracting.

I'm so confused right now, but definitely intrigued. Is there some time jumping going on? Is this when Sarah was in the mental home? Is Kyle trying to course correct? Emilia is a dead ringer for young Linda Hamilton though. I'm digging that.

Daft_Cat

I think the plot is they send Arnold back in time but it messes up so he has to wait 60 - 80 years before his mission starts, hence the ageing explanation. That's the impression I get anyway.

I was assuming it was just an old T-800 being sent back from further in the future. Meh. Your approach sounds more interesting, haha.

Either way, it's just a quasi decent excuse to get Arnold back without taking a CG approach.

Is there any particular reason why Arnold has to be permanently attached to the Terminator lore? Use someone else until CGI becomes so advanced that it'd be able to create a realistic young Arnold.

Tesseract

Banned
nope to both of those actors, yep to arnold even dough he's getting older than the dead sperm in my empty balls.

Looking the pictures, would much prefer a Last Of Us movie with the same cast
Also, I see after Tyrion's stint with robotics tech in X-MEN: DOFP, the Khaleesi, Mother Of Dragons, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Mhysa, Danerys Stormborn will be doing the same and seeking out robots for help.

Arnold's hairpiece is looking good. But seriously, he does seem to be in much better shape nowadays than a few years back.

Also, I see they couldn't get Sam Worthington in time, so they got that guy from the shitty Die Hard film to fill the role of utterly bland and generic dude. At least Michael Biehn had a distinct look.

Raistlin

Someone might know more than me, but unless Sarah is also time leaping, wouldn't it have to be in the 80's?

That would be my assumption. Obviously this can't be anywhere near T2 era.

Given it's called Genesis, and Kyle Reese is a character ... is this a reboot of their first encounter?

thenexus6

I hope this is good, I worked a tiny tiny bit on Thor: The Dark World, nothing really worth mentioning but I was on set for two days and was around Alan Taylor during takes. He seemed like a cool guy! Hope this goes well!

Raistlin

There were rumors this was going to be like an alternate timeline reboot thing. Ugh.
Makes sense

That's the good (or possibly bad) thing about the Terminator universe. There can be any number of new stories/timelines generated if people or terminators are sent back to a different time and location.

JDSN

Banned
Varro must be blowing half of Hollywood to still getting roles in this kind of movies despite him being so shitty.

There are much older images from Terminator : Genesis

Terminator+Genesis+US+cover+art.jpeg

Sorry, couldn't resist. That being said, I am cautiously optimistic.

Oh for fuck's sake. Did not know they were making another Terminator film. Did not need to know. This particular teat is as cold and lifeless as...nah, too easy. This will be shit. The end.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Good to see Arnold came back to the Terminator franchise. Wasn't sure if he'd be back for it.

liquidtmd

Banned
Schattenjäger;113909917 said:
Can't be worse than Rise of the Machines

I thought Salvation was far worse. For all its problems, ROTM wasn't pretentious in the slightest - it knew it didn't have the gravitas to elevate it T1 or T2. Viewed as a fun (expensive) B-Movie romp, Arnie smashing up LA going after the truck at the start, the bombs falling and hell even the maybe wonky attempts at humour - without a Cameron at the helm, we're just going to get poe faced attempts to make this run and run over three more movies that will just go over old ground.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
I thought Salvation was far worse. For all its problems, ROTM wasn't pretentious in the slightest - it knew it didn't have the gravitas to elevate it T1 or T2. Viewed as a fun (expensive) B-Movie romp, Arnie smashing up LA going after the truck at the start, the bombs falling and hell even the maybe wonky attempts at humour - without a Cameron at the helm, we're just going to get poe faced attempts to make this run and run over three more movies that will just go over old ground.
ROTM would have been so much better without the crappy evil terminator and without the shitty dialogue written for Arnold. Also, the lack of Terminator was depressing.

Is there any particular reason why Arnold has to be permanently attached to the Terminator lore?

Because they tried to make a Terminator movie without Arnold as a star and failed, so dumb Hollywood execs concluded that you need Arnold.

Personally I think the universe is compelling enough to stand on its own with new actors, all you would need is talented filmmakers to reboot it properly.

Genesis could be good though. Too early to tell.

Jado

Banned
I thought it was Dane Cook in the second picture

I thought it was Brody from Homeland.

And Emilia Clarke looks horribly unconvincing as Sarah Connor. Fucking Christ. =/

This:

Versus this:

Just can't buy into it. We've seen almost four years of her acting on GoT; she's kinda terrible, has an unintentionally dead/empty expression all the time and has no acting range. Plus, yeah she looks like a round-faced kid most of the time. She looks ridiculous during "serious acting mode" when surrounded by superior actors in every scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom