• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult brony tries to abduct a 11 yr old girl at Brony Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fari

Do not google my little pony fan art...

vP83LcF.jpg

The euphoric libertarian and conservative fan art is much more fascinating than the sex stuff.

Opiate

Poor Smoking Bun. There used to be a much larger Brony Defense Force on GAF, but I think many folks have been creep-shamed into dropping the whole thing.

Well, I'm vaguely on the defense force here, although I do find bronies creepy.

As I said, I'm just extremely wary of criminalizing or even marginalizing groups of people because I personally find their preferences disgusting. That sort of reasoning has led a great many people to be unreasonably persecuted. It doesn't mean that Bronies should not be persecuted -- maybe they should be -- just not using the reasoning "because I find them creepy."

Yes but I can see why a pedo would choose to immerse themselves in a sub-culture were the core demography are young girls.

Pretty sick and the guys deserves a beating.

Both the criminal and those who stood there doing nothing.
Bystander effect but I guess we expect better of Bronies?
The community sure likes to pretend to have a high moral standard

As I said, I'm just extremely wary of criminalizing or even marginalizing groups of people because I personally find their preferences disgusting. That sort of reasoning has led a great many people to be unreasonably persecuted. It doesn't mean that Bronies should not be persecuted -- maybe they should be -- just not using the reasoning "because they're creepy."

I actually want to see some genuine persecution just to see how the world reacts. I said before we shouldn't judge what people do in their bedrooms/privacy but some people have taken a very very high moral ground and want all these deviants arrested or something.

They're not like you and me which means they must be evil ---- Disney's Pocahontas

Go after the paedophile, not the community he belongs to

riotous

Banned
Pedujiced? No. Creeps are most vocal? Hell yes. You never read the follow-up to the child marriage thing. It was deemed immoral based on social and biological factors and hence declared illegal. In that case, why isn't deviancy illegal since it's immoral too?

This is what I meant by trolling before. You appear to be purposefully bringing up a bunch of barely relating or non-relating things.. straw little pony girls everywhere. Deviancy alone isn't immoral.. moral does not equate to normal.

Pedujiced? No. Creeps are most vocal? Hell yes. You never read the follow-up to the child marriage thing. It was deemed immoral based on social and biological factors and hence declared illegal. In that case, why isn't deviancy illegal since it's immoral too?
Which deviancy is this specifically? Also, does their obsession count as bestiality?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people having alternative sexual desires/preferences but when it's on cartoon horses that act like children and sound like children I do find it quite unnerving. I know you are against this level of stuff but it is an absolutely huge black mark on the community.

I feel as though this is relevant to the discussion at hand. Some guy "married" Twilight Sparkle.

If that's the example I think it is, it gets a whole lot worse. No, you really don't want to know.

Really

I will never forgive my so-called 'friend' for linking me to it.

Look at some of the images in this thread and use your imagination. You'll probably end up in the right ballpark..

This thread is a trainwreck. Not sure what I expected.

Someone tried to follow up on the original story, and it unfortunately seems like there could be a bit of truth to the story: http://www.horse-news.net/2014/04/advice-for-babscon-delete-facebook-hit_22.html
This part catch my atention:
The post was later deleted (and the blog replaced with Nicolas Cage pictures), but nonetheless had been shared over 20,000 times across the Tumblrverse.
There is a lot of drama surrounding cons (not only this kind of cons but pretty much all of them) the fact that the original post was replaced by Nic Cage pictures looks like a joke. (well it's thunblr after all)

Is there a group of young girls who define themselves through wrestling? Live by the morales of wrestling? And they go to Hogan-con?

and really wrestling is partly aimed at children nowadays, its PG and the top star(John Cena) is booked as a superhero aimed at children, he also does the most Make A Wish stuff than anyone else on the planet(along with being the most requested)

KissVibes

Banned
When did I say I was advocating pony-fucking? I'm on your side. I want these Brony guys in prison. But I don't know where to start.

I am just defending a decent show and the majority of causal fans who ALSO call themselves Bronies because it's a funny word. The paedophile could have been a COD fan too considering the number of kids playing it.

It seems you're having a mental breakdown. Seeing as I've had several of my own and deal with depression and various other issues, I want to sincerely apologize if I've put you under great mental duress.

Or you're just passive aggressive posting. Probably the latter.

Someone tried to follow up on the original story, and it unfortunately seems like there could be a bit of truth to the story: http://www.horse-news.net/2014/04/advice-for-babscon-delete-facebook-hit_22.html

Oh hey, look at that.

But the story was fake, amirite?

There is a lot of drama surrounding cons (not only this kind of cons but pretty much all of them) the fact that the original post was replaced by Nic Cage pictures looks like a joke. (well it's thunblr after all)

The person that posted the story got Brony hate and deleted their blog. Someone claimed the URL and redirected it to the nic cage tumblr.

K.Sabot

vP83LcF.jpg

The euphoric libertarian and conservative fan art is much more fascinating than the sex stuff.

In this thread I am euphoric, not because some phony troll's fake pictures, but because, I am enlightened by genuine brony hilariousness.

If that's the example I think it is, it gets a whole lot worse. No, you really don't want to know.

Really

I will never forgive my so-called 'friend' for linking me to it.

Look at some of the images in this thread and use your imagination. You'll probably end up in the right ballpark..

Yep, I saw the pictures he posted on 4Chan.

No amount of brain bleach will make the pain go away.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Both the criminal and those who stood there doing nothing.
Bystander effect but I guess we expect better of Bronies?
The community sure likes to pretend to have a high moral standard

It's up to the community to police it properly and not protect bronies. Protecting a individual is more important then protected the reputation of a community.

As I said, I'm just extremely wary of criminalizing or even marginalizing groups of people because I personally find their preferences disgusting. That sort of reasoning has led a great many people to be unreasonably persecuted. It doesn't mean that Bronies should not be persecuted -- maybe they should be -- just not using the reasoning "because they're creepy."

Agreed here as well. I don't personally partake in any form of brony culture whether it is just watching the show or the extreme fringe elements, but I can't stand seeing large swathe generalizations being made against people. Assuming everyone that either A) Watches the show or B) Attends a convention is now somehow predisposed towards paedophilia is sickening and needs to stop. This also applies to the idea that somehow the fandom naturally promotes fetishizing or has a natural sexual element that is a major part of it.

I also disagree on the ratio of bronies that just like to watch the show/buy merch compared to the ones who engage in crazy internet antics and sexual fetishizing of the characters.

It's up to the community to police it properly and not protect bronies. Protecting a individual is more important then protected the reputation of a community.

Exactly. Which is why I have such an issue with the brony community, especially as someone who works with kids that this show is truly aimed at. It's just a complete mess.

I actually want to see some genuine persecution just to see how the world reacts. I said before we shouldn't judge what people do in their bedrooms/privacy but some people have taken a very very high moral ground and want all these deviants arrested or something.

They're not like you and me which means they must be evil ---- Disney's Pocahontas

fQnJJJk.gif

you are a subhuman

Which deviancy is this specifically? Also, does their obsession count as bestiality?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people having alternative sexual desires/preferences but when it's on cartoon horses that act like children and sound like children I do find it quite unnerving. I know you are against this level of stuff but it is an absolutely huge black mark on the community.

Bestiality is wrong because the goat I have my dick inside cannot give consent
What about inanimate objects then? Should be fine right? That's how they think. They project human personalities onto animals... OMG! Furries!
You think it's unnerving so the best you can do is ignore it besides get a law passed or something

psylah

Yes, all of this was baited out over something that quite possibly never happened.

It's just that easy. Ready to ostracize a group already seen as "creepy" at the drop of a hat, because they watch a TV show.

As I said, I'm just extremely wary of criminalizing or even marginalizing groups of people because I personally find their preferences disgusting. That sort of reasoning has led a great many people to be unreasonably persecuted. It doesn't mean that Bronies should not be persecuted -- maybe they should be -- just not using the reasoning "because I find them creepy."
Can I ask how they're being persecuted? All I see is the people who find them creepy saying that they find them creepy.

Bestiality is wrong because the goat I have my dick inside cannot give consent
What about inanimate objects then? Should be fine right? That's how they think. They project human personalities onto animals... OMG! Furries!
You think it's unnerving so the best you can do is ignore it besides get a law passed or something
I was just asking if liking cartoon ponies counts as bestiality. I was't saying it's as bad as fucking an actual horse. Just to clarify that one point. Are they not furries? Do the two groups look down on each other?

Why would I want a law against fancying cartoon animals? I just find it weird and unnerving which hardly means I think it should be criminalised.

Drop a pedophile tag on everyone in that MLP thread over in the OT community forum, it's the only way to be sure. We need to know if we're interacting with those deviants outside of their sanctioned space.

Red Mage

I try to be really accepting of people and various interests/beliefs, but the whole Brony thing has always come across as just a little skeevy to me. I can understand growns up being into cartoons and/or merchandise aimed at children, but Bronies bother me on a subconscious level. I think I know why, however.

You see, growing up, I knew men who collected trains, cars, etc. and women who collected dolls or stuffed animals. However, the only time I saw a man with "girl" toys was when they showed up in movies, television shows, or shorts warning children of pedophiles. I wonder if this isn't what a lot of people are reacting to as well. It triggers a warning in a brains that most of us have been taught to heed since we were very young.

stufte

Hey guyz, remember this video made by an autistic guy who does this for therapy reasons?

Let's all point and laugh at the aspie, guyz! Come on, he likes ponies and is different! Let's point and laugh!

Serously.

I think Adult male Bronies are odd, but for fucks sake, this thread is vile.

They did, apparently.

A follow up reply said that they told event officials that did nothing because

1) There wasn't any real proof
2) They didn't want the association with creepy. Bronies have a bad enough rep as-is.
This's what the post says:
So, while it looks like the story may be at least partly true, the people involved never even told the BABScon staff about the situation, so they never had a chance to deal with it.
The second reply is about a member of the staff who claims that she was never aware of this situation.

I was just asking if liking cartoon ponies counts as bestiality. I was't saying it's as bad as fucking an actual horse. Just to clarify that one point. Are they not furries? Do the two groups look down on each other?

Why would I want a law against fancying cartoon animals? I just find it weird and unnerving which hardly means I think it should be criminalised.

Pony Sex fans are like a sub-class of furries who in turn are a sub-class of bestiality fetishists. None of these people have feelings good or bad towards each other.

You may not want a law against it but many people here seem like they want one passed. I want to see it happen just because of the interesting debates that will crop up regarding morality, sexuality and privacy

I try to be really accepting of people and various interests/beliefs, but the whole Brony thing has always come across as just a little skeevy to me. I can understand growns up being into cartoons and/or merchandise aimed at children, but Bronies bother me on a subconscious level. I think I know why, however.

You see, growing up, I knew men who collected trains, cars, etc. and women who collected dolls or stuffed animals. However, the only time I saw a man with "girl" toys was when they showed up in movies, television shows, or shorts warning children of pedophiles. I wonder if this isn't what a lot of people are reacting to as well. It triggers a warning in a brains that most of us have been taught to heed since we were very young.

Isn't America famous for the Stranger Danger and "Do you know where your child is?" type scare fads.
As far as I am aware before terrorists came along, paedophiles were the worst thing in America with many forgetting it's classified as a disease and Paedophile =/= Child abuser since the former may not have acted on his/her urges. The human mind is insanely complex.

Firehead

I am very, very hesitant to object to something because it's creepy or because I have a visceral distaste for it. As I do for Bronyism.

What viscerally disgusts me does not disgust others, and vice versa. I find rules or laws or regulations placed on the basis of "because it's gross" to be repulsive intellectually, a far more grievous offense.

This post is getting overlooked too much. Rational.

It's like high school all over again.

Sums up exactly what these threads devolve into.

I feel as though this is relevant to the discussion at hand. Some guy "married" Twilight Sparkle.

I'm not trying to make this a witch hunt by posting this, but I think it accurately highlights just how twisted and bizarre this fandom has become, and pinpoints exactly why it's frowned upon by society as a whole.
Is it really right to paint an entire fanbase using "some guy"? Like, literally one person here?

Saying creepy people exist in a fandom isn't too controversial. It's inevitable, really, especially for something that's significantly popular. I've been a fan of Pokemon, Digimon, Harry Potter, etc when growing up, and each one of those had its fair share of fan art and people that could be considered creepy.

The issue when these types of threads pop up isn't that people are saying that creepy people might exist in the MLP fandom, it's that they say creepy people are the fandom. Like, you can't say you like the show without a number of people assuming you want to fuck ponies, too. Kinda like when an anime fan is assumed to be a pedophile just because he or she likes anime.

Another point of contention is the word "Brony", which has a nebulous meaning since it's going to be different for everyone. Some call themselves a Brony and may just casually watch the show. Some might call themselves a Brony and collect every piece of merchandise. The level of devotion is going to vary from person to person, just like any fandom with labels like these.

I don't think it's healthy to have your entire life revolve around a particular piece of media, and that goes for anything, whether it's MLP, Transformers, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. If you want it as a hobby, fine, but don't let it consume everything you do. At the same time, I don't think people should automatically assume that every MLP fan is going to be a pervert or neckbeard.

This thread. You'd almost think the real problem with this story is how it makes the My Little Pony fandom look. At future events they really need to make sure that anyone acting like this is reported and dealt with. Baffling that it wasn't.

Opiate

Deviancy alone isn't immoral.. moral does not equate to normal.

Who cares if someone is normal? It feels like I'm back in middle school. I don't care about most sports, I watch very little television, I don't listen to rock or rap or pop to any great degree. I enjoy discussing behavioral economics, cosmology, and neuroscience, and even on GAF my preferred game (Chess) mostly goes undiscussed.

Should I feel bad because my preferences are atypical? Mind you, not because they are stupid preferences, not because they are immoral preferences, but just because they are not normal, young-male preferences? This is 8th grade peer-pressure level argumentation.

riotous

Banned

There is a ton of logic being expressed that you are unfairly boiling down to basic prejudice.

Grown men being fans of anything related to little girls raises red flags in people. This isn't just "they aren't like me" it's "they aren't like me and they obsess over a little girls TV show." It causes people to suspect, and furthermore most people would think the "Bronies" should be able to understand the suspicion.

The fact that they don't raises further red flags. Why is this culture so important to you? This isn't gay rights.. this isn't voting rights for women.. it's a children's TV show.

Nobody is really discussing taking away anyone's right to be creepy either way. They are simply saying : it's creeping people out and it creeps them out in relation to children, you are being kind of selfish continuing these activities.

Gay pride parades creep people out too, but that is about an ingrained part of who humanity is, not the choice to watch a TV show and dress up. You seem to be trying to relate all of this to other civil rights issues and it really seems disingenuous.

Go after the pedophile legally, let the community know they creep you out. People have the right to express their opinions and logic surrounding why something raises red flags for them.

riotous

Banned
Who cares if someone is normal?

Why are you asking me this?

Deviancy means deviating from the norm.. I specifically stated there is nothing inherently immoral about deviancy. The poster I quoted equated deviancy to immorality. I also said normal doesn't equate to moral.. not really sure why you took offense to my comment.

Should I feel bad because my preferences are atypical? Not because they are stupid preferences, not because they are immoral preferences, but just because they are not normal, young-male preferences?

No?

No one said you should, I certainly didn't.

Deviancy isn't the issue was my point. It's too vague to claim that people are merely reacting to deviancy. They are reacting to adult males grouping together to deviate and obsess over a TV show involving characters of little girls. I also didn't call it immoral, nor did I claim anyone should feel bad for it. But I think they should feel aware of how it will make people feel, and stop denying that there is logic to why people feel that way. We all have the right to make people feel uncomfortable and I don't want to take anyone's right away to do that.. but that doesn't mean I am pro-making-people-feel-uncomfortable in all situations. If you are fighting a cause that is worthy I support it.. gays making homophobes feel uncomfortable puts a smile on my face.. grown men creeping out people/parents for the sake of a rather asinine hobby? Not the same thing.

Korten

Banned
Wow, that's gross. Then again, doesn't suprise me he's a brony considering the all the bronies I've met.

Sigh... I love all of the high horses in this thread. Conformation bias here is too damn high.

You know... I thought we got past the whole: Minority =/= Majority. Just because you met someone who acts one may doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Same thing as thinking that because you saw a few Muslim terrorist, that ALL must be terrorist. It's fucked up and wrong. Yes a bit of an extreme example but it's the same thing.

Or for a little bit less extreme: You meet a couple of really asshole Football fans, it's wrong to then assume that ALL Football fans must be assholes.

Pony Sex fans are like a sub-class of furries who in turn are a sub-class of bestiality fetishists. None of these people have feelings good or bad towards each other.

You may not want a law against it but many people here seem like they want one passed. I want to see it happen just because of the interesting debates that will crop up regarding morality, sexuality and privacy
I haven't seen any advocacy for criminalisation of grown men (or women) watching specific TV shows.

There's two elements to it, really. The pictures of fleshlights in ponies are most likely jokes and the pony with a slot in it is most likely out-of-context use but the images where people, with no sense of fun, photoshop the ponies into their lives is quite sad. I know you get devotees like this in every fandom but I do feel quite sorry for them. It's an odd feeling though as they probably don't feel sad or sorry for themselves.

Opiate

Why are you asking me this?

Deviancy means deviating from the norm.. I specifically stated there is nothing inherently immoral about deviancy. The poster I quoted equated deviancy to immorality.

No?

No one said you should, I certainly didn't.

Deviancy isn't the issue was my point.

The inference was obvious. If you agree the deviancy is not unethical, or cannot construct a rational argument against their preferences, then there is no problem. On what grounds do you object to bronies? Because you clearly do. It seems like your objection is that they're creepy. You have even used that precise word.

I'm not trying to make this a witch hunt by posting this, but I think it accurately highlights just how twisted and bizarre this fandom has become, and pinpoints exactly why it's frowned upon by society as a whole.

I feel as though this is relevant to the discussion at hand. Some guy "married" Nene Anegasaki.

Nydius

On the primary topic, I have to side with people calling bullshit here. This story sounds like one of those where someone tries to hard to fill in detail to make it more believable but, in doing so, simply makes it apparent that it's bullshit.

They supposedly saw the assailant but didn't do anything because the 11 year old said not to? Uh, no. The proper move would have been to report him. The police usually have decent policies in place to question children in such situations without making them embarassed. Instead, they just let the guy continue to walk around, free to abduct someone else?

This reads more like someone's fictionalized account just to bash Bronies.

Beyond the article...

I'm an adult male viewer of MLP. I do not, however, have any MLP clothes, merchandise, and certainly not any of the sexualized crap seen in this thread. Does being a male viewer instantly make me a Brony? Honestly, I don't fully get what makes the distinction at this point.

I find the comments that males, regardless of age, shouldn't watch MLP to be mildly disturbing because such comments continue to perpetuate old-as-dirt gender stereotypes. These are the very stereotypes that lead to such ridiculous notions as blaming the victim for bullying simply because he has a MLP backpack (thankfully since overturned).

"You're a boy, you should like GI Joe" is so 1980's.

This thread is a trainwreck. Not sure what I expected.

That's right folks, the questionably-true story about the child molester following around a little girl was favorited by none other than MLP-MSP, affectionately known to the fandom as "DraftCon", as it's co-chaired by Mike "Final Draft" Bernstein himself. Being the Jew that he is, he's apparently taking every opportunity to ham up this controversy, if it makes his con look a little better by comparison.

So apparently bronies are paedophiles AND anti-Semites.

I feel as though this is relevant to the discussion at hand. Some guy "married" Nene Anegasaki.

yeah hardcore anime fans are pretty weird too

So apparently bronies are paedophiles AND anti-Semites.
well, what if he is jewish

Enosh

I kinda wonder just how much of that is fantasy
is he actually wasting money on a tux and rings?

as for the OP I'm not buying it, who the fuck leaves a 11 year old girl alone all by herself at a convention? who is stupid enough to not call the cops on a child predator because the 11 year old said so?

HUELEN10 post otoh now that I can believe and it just makes me sad reading it
and for the love of christ don't quote THAT picture again -.- don't need to see it every second post when scrolling through here

There is a ton of logic being expressed that you are unfairly boiling down to basic prejudice.

Grown men being fans of anything related to little girls raises red flags in people. This isn't just "they aren't like me" it's "they aren't like me and they obsess over a little girls TV show." It causes people to suspect, and furthermore most people would think the "Bronies" should be able to understand the suspicion.

The fact that they don't raises further red flags. Why is this culture so important to you? This isn't gay rights.. this isn't voting rights for women.. it's a children's TV show.

Nobody is really discussing taking away anyone's right to be creepy either way. They are simply saying : it's creeping people out and it creeps them out in relation to children, you are being kind of selfish continuing these activities.

Gay pride parades creep people out too, but that is about an ingrained part of who humanity is, not the choice to watch a TV show and dress up. You seem to be trying to relate all of this to other civil rights issues and it really seems disingenuous.

Go after the pedophile legally, let the community know they creep you out. People have the right to express their opinions and logic surrounding why something raises red flags for them.

Here's something important. Lauren Faust, DHX and Hasbro has endorsed and celebrated the adult fans of the show since it's creator made something that adults i.e. parents could enjoy with their children. I am only allowed to watch adult stuff like Die Hard and can't have fun with Tom & Jerry or hell Jem or Pingu?

So why don't you people tell the community they creep you out without being insulting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom