• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2008 NPD Results

indie85

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
PlayStation 3 185.4K
Xbox 360 195.2K

HD gaming dominance continues
Actually its only ~50k shy of the wii combined, not something either have come close to, so pretty dumb comment tbh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Not great sales anywhere. :\

Those Too Human sales are a little low. I was figuring they'd really need at least 200k to get off on a good foot. I don't think it's a long-legs title.

d+pad

jman2050 said:
Wii Fit and MK Wii are going to destroy everything this holiday season.

Which, likely, is why Nintendo doesn't feel the need to release anything other than Wii Music and AC: City Folk in the lead up to Christmas. With these four games (along with Galaxy and SSBB), they're likely set until early 2009 (here and abroad).

Laguna

Banned
GitarooMan said:
Madden 360 1.0mm
Madden PS3 643k
Madden Wii 115k

Not exactly lighting it up with the All-Play stuff. One market that has not gone to Nintendo is definitely the Madden/NHL/NBA/MLB sports game players.

Too Human, eh, decent numbers for a decent game.

=Madden= =trolls=
Yes, it fits perfectly together :D

WrikaWrek

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Not great sales anywhere. :\

Those Too Human sales are a little low. I was figuring they'd really need at least 200k to get off on a good foot. I don't think it's a long-legs title.

Good. Better not give MS the wrong idea.

Chiggs

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Sony is in serious trouble if they don't respond with at least a $50 drop.

Neither company is in trouble, really. They just need to accept their lot in this generation's life.

Jag22

Banned
Xisiqomelir said:
Yeah man, I'm crying tears of blood into my Wii here :lol

DSCN1179.jpg
how does that help you as a Wii owner?

Xisiqomelir

GitarooMan said:
So you're personally making money off Nintendo's success?

It was the first image of my PS3 I had on photobucket, but I think I've got a couple more. The bitter tears (and gloriously failed assumptions) from posters like jag22 are about 90% of my enjoyment of NPD threads.

D.Lo

GitarooMan said:
Madden 360 1.0mm
Madden PS3 643k
Madden Wii 115k

Not exactly lighting it up with the All-Play stuff. One market that has not gone to Nintendo is definitely the Madden/NHL/NBA/MLB sports game players.

Too Human, eh, decent numbers for a decent game.
Sports fans are relatively serious, and the box basically says 'do not take me seriously.' All Play is EA's biggest mistake yet, the box already says WII on it, people know it will have motion control and minigames.

Narag

Xisiqomelir said:
It was the first image of my PS3 I had on photobucket, but I think I've got a couple more. The bitter tears (and gloriously failed assumptions) from posters like jag22 are about 90% of my enjoyment of NPD threads.

Didn't even notice the ps3 there.

Moneyhats2k5 said:
The end is near for Sony. Expect a small $50 pricedrop soon!

Depends. Price drop for early October with loads of games being released in October or ride it out and hopefully buy systems and games too and reach over 300k units and make some money back for Sony.

It must be tough deciding what to do.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow at Guitar Hero DS- this is like it's third month, isn't it? Still hanging in there. Decades will sell gangbusters.

Accessories

"Xobx Live point cards and gold membership cards represented three of the top-10 accessory items for the month which sheds a little light onto the popularity of this service to Xbox 360 fans"

I still don't know why Sony is taking so long on the pre-paid PSN cards. It's like leaving money on the table.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Xisiqomelir said:

Holy shit i didn't even notice the PS3 there :lol

Redd

Nice Madden PS3 numbers. I notice alot more people playing on EA this year compared to last years version. Low numbers for the Wii version. I'll probably buy that version used sometime next year.

gtj1092 said:
Did madden wii rise or fall? Either way that number is not good.
It's good enough for EA to continue making a Wii version. It's pretty obvious that Madden fans are staying on PS2 or moving to 360 in the next few years.
If it meanders around 200k on Wii each year that's enough to warrant a cheap port.

59165519.gif

avast! everyone, to the ps3forums!

man, my predictions sure were off. Interesting numbers, usual lolling at 360 outselling PS3 and Mario Kart Wii is like TEH BEHEMOTH. I actually think it will keep selling until the end of the console's lifecycle

test_account

XP-39C²
Loudninja said:
Huh?You have to wait until the October NPD to see the price drop effect.
The Xbox 360 20GB SKU had a price drop in July if i'm not mistaken. But ye, the Xbox 360 Arcade and Elite SKU had a pricedrop this month, so you'll have to wait until the next NPD numbers to see the results of those price drops :)

EDIT: It seems like there only was a clearance sale for the Xbox 360 20GB SKU and not a SKU. Thanks for the info to the people who gave me this info! :) I didnt know it was a clearance sale, i thought it was a price drop, i am sorry :)

Guy Legend

PS3 madden numbers are great.

As for PS3 hardware, I think their numbers are affected somewhat by their hardware transition. Regardless, interesting to see the XB360 outsell it. September should be a strong victory for MS.

Too bad Sony only offers non-BC enabled consoles now...

Top Bottom