• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - A new action series from the creator of True Blood - Fridays - 10 - Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

headjxysa.gif

I deserve it I guess.

Nyx

I always laughed a bit when I saw her name in the opening credits, ''Trieste'' means 'Sad' in Dutch.

Yeah I can't understand why Cinemax insists on marketing Banshee with all this weird art deco stuff. They've got a show that pretty much sells itself but their ad team continually botches it.

I agree, Cinemax needs to get the Strike Back marketing team working on Banshee.

- Exclusive Comic-Con Trailer: 'Banshee: Origins' Reveals Robbery Gone Wrong (yahoo vid)
Fanboys and fangirls, rejoice! We have the exclusive San Diego Comic-Con teaser trailer for "Banshee: Origins." A joint effort between IDW Publishing and Cinemax, the beautifully rendered "motion comic" trailer features the four-color artistry from the book and the smoldering heat of the ongoing TV series. It also offers insights into the mind of bogus Sheriff Lucas Hood.

- CraveOnline: New Pages From Banshee: Origins
Back in January, IDW and Cinemax released a free digital one-shot comic called Banshee:Origins which featured a story about the master thief who would go to become Lucas Hood, the shady sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania.

“Banshee” creators Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler teamed up with artist Mike Henderson to explore how and why Lucas betrayed the mobster, Mr. Rabbit before his stint in prison. Ahead of Comic-Con International, IDW and Cinemax have added an additional 22 pages of story by Tropper and Henderson that expand the tale and follow more previously unseen adventures of Lucas Hood.

In this exclusive preview of 12 panels from the new pages of Banshee:Origins, readers can catch a glimpse of Lucas’ apparent escape from prison, the return of Job and a very angry Mr. Rabbit.

Nk3ixhp.jpg

46hAQPK.jpg

Comic Con reminder:
The panel for Banshee will be on Fri, July 19. "Banshee," the action series, makes its Comic Con debut with a panel on Fri. eveing at 7:15 p.m. in Room 6A. Fans can join the conversation at #SDCCBanshee.

The "Banshee" panel will be moderated by TV, film and comic book writer John Rogers. Executive producer Greg Yaitanes and writer and executive producer will be on the panel along with cast members Antony Starr (Lucas Hood), Ivana Milicevic (Carrie Hopewell, Hoon Lee (Job) and Lili Simmons (Rebecca Bowman).
pd27wwO.jpg

The panel for Banshee will be on Fri, July 19. "Banshee," the action series, makes its Comic Con debut with a panel on Fri. eveing at 7:15 p.m. in Room 6A. Fans can join the conversation at #SDCCBanshee.

The "Banshee" panel will be moderated by TV, film and comic book writer John Rogers. Executive producer Greg Yaitanes and writer and executive producer will be on the panel along with cast members Antony Starr (Lucas Hood), Ivana Milicevic (Carrie Hopewell, Hoon Lee (Job) and Lili Simmons (Rebecca Bowman).

Comic Con reminder:
pd27wwO.jpg

I want to go to there.

mirror1y9k5z.gif

Decado

Yeah, they're not messing around with that video - it's more of a full blown trailer for S2.

Awesome. Banshee has been one of several pleasant surprises this year for new TV shows. Stoked for S2, though I have some concerns re: premise and characters. Still...the show is as appealing to me as you can get with a contemporary setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom