• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - A new action series from the creator of True Blood - Fridays - 10 - Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just watched the finale, having marathoned most of it. Fucking amazing. One of the best shows I've watched in a long while. I can't wait for S2, which I'm guessing focuses on Proctor and the Native Americans. The violence just fits, and I was endlessly impressed by the dialogue as well as the character dynamic. Can't wait for S2.

More casting for Season 2!

http://tvline.com/2013/04/05/banshee-season-2-cast-julian-sands-rabbits-brother-priest/

Ruh-roh: Banshee‘s resident Big Bad has a brother — and he too has evil coursing through his veins.

Julian Sands (24, Smallville) has booked a multi-episode Season 2 arc on the Cinemax hit as Rabbit’s (Ben Cross) equally as dangerous younger brother who also happens to be a devout and amoral Ukrainian priest.

Sands is set to appear in three episodes.

Sands joins a Season 2 guest cast that also includes Damages Emmy winner Zeljko Ivanek as Jim Racine, a chain smoking, renegade FBI agent who has been tracking Rabbit for 15 years.

Banshee ended its freshman season last month as Cinemax’s most-watched original series.

Production on Season 2 began this week.

julian.jpg

Clevinger

"dangerous younger brother who also happens to be a devout and amoral Ukrainian priest."

Yep, that sounds like Banshee alright.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm all for degenerate Orthodox priests invading Banshee.

BTW, I'm catching up with Arrow and now I need Manu Bennett to guest star in at least one episode for maximum kiwi awesomeness.

I'm all for degenerate Orthodox priests invading Banshee.

BTW, I'm catching up with Arrow and now I need Manu Bennett to guest star in at least one episode for maximum kiwi awesomeness.

now that all of the spartacus cast is free after this season i'd love to see manu and liam in more roles. though manu is showing up a lot lately in arrow now (and he does have a villain role in the hobbit so good for him)

- Zap2It: Russell Means' son Tatanka Means cast in Cinemax's 'Banshee'
After Russell Means' character Benjamin Longshadow passed away in the Cinemax series "Banshee," the Native American actor passed away in real life on Oct. 22, 2012. Now Zap2it can exclusively reveal that Means' son, Tatanka Means, will have a role in the series' upcoming second season.

"'Banshee' had the honor of being Russell Means' last project before he passed," showrunner Greg Yaitanes tells Zap2it in a statement. "Tatanka, his son, brings not only his talent but a legacy to our show. The Native American culture is a rich aspect of our series and knowing the Means family is part of that is extremely validating. We are excited to have Tatanka join this season as Hoyt Rivers."

Tatanka will appear
in approximately five episodes in the second season of "Banshee." His character, Hoyt Rivers, will be the Head of Security for Anthony Ruvivar's Alex Longshadow, who is the son of the elder Means' Benjamin on the Cinemax series. This is the first of several roles that will be cast for a "Banshee" storyline that includes the Native American community.

"I'm honored to join the 'Banshee' cast. It will feel comforting to work and be with others who had the pleasure of knowing and working alongside my Dad," Tatanka says. "I look forward to hearing stories of his time on set with everyone. He is my inspiration. He motivated me to become a stronger actor and I am anxious to contribute what I can to the story. 'Banshee' is exciting, I hope my character's involvement will add to another level of excitement."

"Banshee's" second season will premiere in 2014 on Cinemax.

IhlEPIs.jpg

DIdn't know Means died, that sucks.

But pretty cool that his son's on the show now.

I'm still lol'ing about Odette, they couldn't find an actual hot Native actress? I'm very sure they're out there.

D23

just saw the finale, WOW. WOW. WOW
that was fucking amazing holy shit, i was at the edge of my seat and was cheering at my tv during the shoot out. this show is sick

Wiktor

So is this show any good? Thinking of watching it once it debuts in the UK on Monday
Yes. It's trashy pulpy fun, but despite that it never becomes a joke and you care about the characters, even when they're doing ridiculous things. Plus it has the best action sequences on TV.

I agree with that. Strike Back does guns better whereas Banshee rules when it comes to hand-to-hand or just all out brawls with whatever's available.

Wiktor

To me hand to hand combat is more impressive visually than gunfights. Plus Strike Back plays it straight, while Banshee can go really wild and create inscredible setpieces, like the one take chase of criminals who ended up at school, Hood running away through the city from Olek and Hood escaping the police after botched robbery.

Also.. I've been catching up on some shows recently and lol..both Nola Longshadow and depute Kelly are in CBS' Golden Boy :)

Watched episode 3 last night.

HOLY SHIT. I was ready to give up as it was starting to become a little boring but this episode did exactly what The Thing in the Pits did for Spartacus and showed the real potential there is in this series. I watched the fight at least a dozen times, such an awesome scene.

I can only hope it goes on to become as good as Sparty did.

bengraven

Think I want to give this a shot.

When does the DVD come out?

Whoa, I didn't know Russell Means died. That's quite sad. It's cool that his son is joining the cast though.

Same.

At least his son will bring the native american coeficient up. Because God knows that I love me some Odette Annable, but eeeeeeeeh.

DIdn't know Means died, that sucks.

But pretty cool that his son's on the show now.

I'm still lol'ing about Odette, they couldn't find an actual hot Native actress? I'm very sure they're out there.

It's okay, not many people got to see the thread I made.

Not sure if this has been posted in the thread, but it's a cool vid worth a quick look:

- Ivana Milicevic Stunt Training

The video is from a while back.

Has anyone been watching the reruns recently? I've caught a few here and there. The fight with the MMA guy is so brutal. I almost skipped watching it last night.

Not sure if this has been posted in the thread, but it's a cool vid worth a quick look:

- Ivana Milicevic Stunt Training

The video is from a while back.

Has anyone been watching the reruns recently? I've caught a few here and there. The fight with the MMA guy is so brutal. I almost skipped watching it last night.

Even remembering that scene has got me cringing. Eugh.

Motherfucker had it coming though. I felt vindictive in that scene.

Banshee will be at Comic Con this year. That should be fun.
FRIDAY JULY 19

Banshee (Cinemax): Panelists include EP Greg Yaitanes, EP Jonathan Tropper and stars Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Hoon Lee and Lili Simmons.

Damn, watched the final three episodes last night.

HOLY SHIT doesn't begin to cover just how awesome this show towards the end. The fight during episode 8 was bloody amazing, so brutal and yet so awesome. The finale was a little predictable, but set up season 2 very nicely.

Oh now how awesome to Odette getting some work. She looked crazy hot in the few episodes she was in. Goddamn. I hope she has a recurring role next season.

Damn, watched the final three episodes last night.

HOLY SHIT doesn't begin to cover just how awesome this show towards the end. The fight during episode 8 was bloody amazing, so brutal and yet so awesome. The finale was a little predictable, but set up season 2 very nicely.

Oh now how awesome to Odette getting some work. She looked crazy hot in the few episodes she was in. Goddamn. I hope she has a recurring role next season.

I hope she gets nude next season.

I hope she gets nude next season.

Fingers crossed man. Fingers fucking crossed.

One thing I hope the show doesn't do, because of how predictable it would be is -
have Proctor start sleeping with his niece. It feels like it's leading to that end, but I really hope they throw a curve ball or two in there.

A friend told me to start watching it as he thought id love it! He wasn't wrong it's amazing and not just because of the T and A I really love the characters and Hood is such a badass

Nyx

Finished the season last week.

While at first I thought it was a terrible series (after the first two EPs) it has grown on me each new EP and by the end it was pretty good tbh!

As the story unfolds it gets better, I still don't like Hood though.

Kai Proctor is my fav character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom