• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

I was one of the lucky few who got the India deal, £17 for 4 expansions? Yes please. If I remember correctly, there were people preordering Crysis 3, Sim City and FIFA 13 for £12 through the same method.

Divius

Kinda sucky I couldn't get my hands on a creditcard with that exploit deal^

No way in hell I am payin €50,- for Premium.

Donos

Kinda sucky I couldn't get my hands on a creditcard with that exploit deal^

No way in hell I am payin €50,- for Premium.

Said the same but then i caved. Thought Premium would shield me against Steam Summer sale. Didn't really work but because of BF3 i can't play my now increased backlog. Armored Warfare will make things worse.

CatPee

I know that feel. Got a few games that I've wanted during the sale. I've put a total of maybe 3-4 hours into them so far since then. Those damn jets just keep me coming back to BF3. -_-

CatPee

Flash suppressor for mid/long-range on guns that have high vertical recoil. Heavy barrel for guns with low/moderate vertical recoil at mid/long-range. Suppressor for close engagements. Foregrip for burst fire (but never use sustained full auto fire) on guns with high horizontal recoil. Bipod on the belt LMGs for hunkering down and defending an area/counter-sniping.

They all have their own specialized roles, really. I'd say of the attachments, heavy barrel is awesome since it ensures your first couple shots will always be on target.

Hejdlond

Links:
Better Battlelog (BBLOG)
Weapon stats @ Symthic.com

Bought Premium day one and had to pay 499SEK/€59, but I feel it's worth it. Thought I'd hate Close Quarters but it's a different flavor and the old Quake and UT player in me kinda gets his fix (but I still have UT, UT2004 and UT3 installed so no worries)

iR9ulFBPYNrIj.gif

Friends Are Collateral: Episode 10 - Ha ha!

Ocho

I'm kind of sad that I had more GAF interaction when I was playing on PS3/360. I've added some of you to battlelog, but I haven't played that much with gaffers. Who else plays on NA regularly that I could add?

CatPee

Search for xlMintylx (those are Ls) if you haven't added me already. Check the Neogaf active soldiers platoon page's member list too and see who's online that you can join in on.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Bought Premium day one and had to pay 499SEK/€59, but I feel it's worth it. Thought I'd hate Close Quarters but it's a different flavor and the old Quake and UT player in me kinda gets his fix (but I still have UT, UT2004 and UT3 installed so no worries

Yikes, what is your FOV set at?

I'm kind of sad that I had more GAF interaction when I was playing on PS3/360. I've added some of you to battlelog, but I haven't played that much with gaffers. Who else plays on NA regularly that I could add?

You can add me if you'd like: Starbuck44

Omni

I've been on a terrible losing streak lately (Maybe 15 loses in a row....) It seems every game I enter is ridiculously lopsided... egh.

CatPee

Are aimbots & cheating rampant on PC now? I hear accusations flying every match.

They're not too common, in my experience. Every once in a while, you'll get some blatant hacker who's killing everyone on the other team with T-UGS though.

Hackusations are a common thing. I get them all the time for killing infantry with a jet. :|

Donos

Are aimbots & cheating rampant on PC now? I hear accusations flying every match.

Yea but 98% of this talk is bullshit from whiners. They enter the server and see someone with 30:2 (heli/jet), get killed by them one or two times and you hear already "hax", "yea right" etc. Some get killed while taking cover because of the lag and also whine about it.
Since i use pecheneg and take out people from far away with bibpod i got some "hax" and "aimbot" accusations. From my (tiny) 100 hours BF3 so far i didn't see much cheating.
Still a good advice is just to stick with servers with frequently playing admins.

Divius

Just had one epic round that lasted over two hours. Did some tanking, did some flying but mostly capping, capping and capping. Too bad it was Russian server so I had a hard time communicating to my team.

edit: 80k pts, battlereport here

Spl1nter

Supposedly there is almost at least one for every full 64 player server. However personally I have a difficult time believing that as I am able to be 1st-3rd on a server consistently. If people are hacking all the time then they are doing it subtley and are bad player without it. Just makes them good players, I accept the challenge.

scogoth

Supposedly there is almost at least one for every full 64 player server. However personally I have a difficult time believing that as I am able to be 1st-3rd on a server consistently. If people are hacking all the time then they are doing it subtley and are bad player without it. Just makes them good players, I accept the challenge.
I still maintain you are the biggest hacker I've seen other than buttersticko.

Butterstick is some kind of loose millitary A.I. which got interested in Battlefield and pwning puny humans. That qualifies as hax !

Ha ha I wish. I haven't played in over a month since its summertime, but I really need to get back into it. I probably won't until September tho, as I have a good vacation coming up.

My absence has gone on for so long even Nomura is asking if I'm still alive :)

So I played the PC version today (I usually play the 360 version) and I was on Operation Firestorm trying to learn how to fly a helicopter. As I am flying, I get sniped right out of the cockpit. So I was like, "Hmm ok that was probably a lucky shot'. I wait a while for it to spawn again and get back in. Once I'm in, I fly in a totally different direction from where I died, and I get sniped again, from the same guy! Which, by the way, is just chilling on a crate in the middle of nowhere.

I don't know if it was just dumb luck, aimbot, or if he is just that good. Are people generally that good at sniping people out of cockpits on the PC version? lol

So I played the PC version today (I usually play the 360 version) and I was on Operation Firestorm trying to learn how to fly a helicopter. As I am flying, I get sniped right out of the cockpit. So I was like, "Hmm ok that was probably a lucky shot'. I wait a while for it to spawn again and get back in. Once I'm in, I fly in a totally different direction from where I died, and I get sniped again, from the same guy! Which, by the way, is just chilling on a crate in the middle of nowhere.

I don't know if it was just dumb luck, aimbot, or if he is just that good. Are people generally that good at sniping people out of cockpits on the PC version? lol

If he had a line of sight to you it's is possible, but there are hacks that will one hit kill you even without a clear line of sight

Donos

I think i'm going to pause BF3 till Armored Kill and "work" on my huge backlog. Also vacations coming up. If my work contract gets renewed i'm going to think about a new Notebook/ PC better fps in BF3.

im on pc.
i have been getting freezing a few seconds in the game. consistently.

windows 7
gtx 580
2600k @ 5.0ghz
16gb ram

any resolutions?
has there been an update to the gpu?

edit: this is the first time its locking up on me. i haven't updated any drivers, btw.

im on pc.
i have been getting freezing a few seconds in the game. consistently.

windows 7
gtx 580
2600k @ 5.0ghz
16gb ram

any resolutions?
has there been an update to the gpu?

edit: this is the first time its locking up on me. i haven't updated any drivers, btw.

A few seconds into the game, or a few seconds in the game before it all goes back to normal (i.e. major stuttering)?

Lakitu

st5fu

After spawning in a heli in Sharqi CQ, I immediately got sniped - I was so angry I rage quit and I don't usually do that. Bravo sir for holding your nerve.

Not stuttering. My computer locks up and I have to hard reset my computer

Looks like a GPU based problem. Could be temperatures or drivers. Have you tried monitoring the temps or rolling back drivers?

If it's BF3 in particular (i.e. no other games) then it could be your audio device; try disabling it and launching the game, or using a USB headset/3.5mm headphones.

Spl1nter

Has anyone else experienced issues with the nvidia drivers (301) for the 600 series cards, specifically 670 in BF3? I get some really odd framerate drops to ~45 from a pretty stable ~70 fps. Both GPU and CPU are showing as not being fully utilized so I think its a driver issue now.

Will probably try the beta drivers out tomorrow and see the results.

mr_nothin

Banned
Has anyone else experienced issues with the nvidia drivers (301) for the 600 series cards, specifically 670 in BF3? I get some really odd framerate drops to ~45 from a pretty stable ~70 fps. Both GPU and CPU are showing as not being fully utilized so I think its a driver issue now.

There's a new driver revision set to be released within a few days. They said early August for the next release. I believe it'll be WHQL too so you might just want to hold off
I've always had dips into the 40's with BF3 (1920x1080 & Ultra) and my system (2600k + 12GB RAM + Gigabyte 670) ....even with everything overclocked to hell. It mostly happens on caspian and other big maps.

On big maps (mostly from the TV station in Sharqi and the beach in Oman) I'll get dips, but that's CPU based pretty sure, I get less of a dip with a higher OC, even though CPU use is only in the ~80s.

Spl1nter

Well the reason I found it peculiar is because it would just drop to 45 and stay there for 2-3 seconds before shooting up instantly back to 70. Otherwise it was fluctuating between 60-80. These dips would also happen on high so I changed to ultra. Barely any difference in fps between the two.

D_Star

Neo Member
Yes, I agree. EA Summer showcase was disappointment galore, unless you like FIFA or The Sims. Any other game's presentation, including BF3's, was just a trailer we've seen already coupled with maybe ten seconds worth of new footage.

This might be offtopic, but I was disappointed most by the MoH footage; who cares if Linkin Park cooked up some new songs for a game?! People want to see gameplay, not the surrounding marketing crap!

mr_nothin

Banned
so, tank superiority is just king of the hill? meh.

at least the map looks good.
DICE:
To make sure there is plenty of opportunity for epic tank battles, respawn times for the vehicles are almost instantaneous. If you spawn at your home base and don’t see a tank, there is usually no reason to start legging it towards the front. A few seconds later, a new tank will appear for you and your team mates.
I'm not hyped for that mode any more. Everything that made it sound excited went out the door with that bit of info up there.

Donos

DICE:

I'm not hyped for that mode any more. Everything that made it sound excited went out the door with that bit of info up there.

Why? I bet you have to drive 2 minutes to reach the action again. That and stupid fucks who drive away alone from spawns in a jeep although 3 people are running at him to get taken with. Plus locked squads and you running a looooong time to reach the frontline (with long vehicle respawns. (I remember Heavy Metal from BC2).I rather have faster than longer respawn times. Armored Kill Maps/Modes are focused on vehicle combat so i guess they also get destroyed way faster than in the usual BF3 map.

derFeef

That mode sounds fun in theory only I think. People will turn this into a camp-and-arty map or it will just be ridiculous carnage, basically CC with tanks.

mr_nothin

Banned
Why? I bet you have to drive 2 minutes to reach the action again. That and stupid fucks who drive away alone from spawns in a jeep although 3 people are running at him to get taken with. Plus locked squads and you running a looooong time to reach the frontline (with long vehicle respawns. (I remember Heavy Metal from BC2).I rather have faster than longer respawn times. Armored Kill Maps/Modes are focused on vehicle combat so i guess they also get destroyed way faster than in the usual BF3 map.

I dont like people like you >_<
The type who loves full squad spawning along with transport vehicle spawning and .5 second spawn times on everything so you can spawn while you spawn.

A 2 minute drive is really going to hurt you that much? The constant spawning means everyone will just be around the flag pretty much the whole time. No kind of strategy involved

Donos

That was not my point. I don't activley search for fast respawn servers and i don't always spawn at squadmates (to get killed instantly from somewhere).

But Armored Kill will feature the biggest maps so far and it would just be frustrating when you spawn at your base and every vehicle is miles away or destroyed and the respawn time is "long". So, wait for a vehicle respawn (and get killed be a teammate jeep) or go to a 5 minutes Day-Z-like walk over fields with no cover while you are easy prey for jets/helis ? That's alot of fun.

Top Bottom